Justin Flowe

Advertisement
Bruh…. My mentor, a guy that I really respect, and whom I learned a lot from, called me after that WV game. He’s about 15 years older than me, so he’s seen all of the KNOWN greats. He told me, “Mannnn, I think I just saw the best RB I’ve ever seen, and he is the young guy in the Miami Hurricane backfield.”
Agree with you completely, Kane. Back in the day, I remember Frank’s recruiting tape from his time at Gables. Amazing. On a 5-5 team, Gore set a Dade County rushing record. Running between the tackles (over and over and over) his vision, balance, change of direction, speed and power were all on display. Amazing.

Advertisement
Yeah, Frank Gore (Healthy) is the best HS football player I’ve ever seen. A healthy Gore passes up Barry and Emmitt numbers in the league. I’m willing to die on that hill. Guy was absolutely filthy before the first knee injury.
I am biased and limited because I grew up in SWFL but for my money Jami German is the best HS player I have ever seen live. He was an absolute lock down All-American corner and probably an All-State WR. I saw Deion play when I was a kid and German was more impressive.

Advertisement
Frank Gore and Freddie MIles would like a word with you.
Never seen Miles only heard stories. Gore I will agree along with Adrian Peterson is the best HS RBs I’ve ever seen film of. In todays world he would be a consensus #1 recruit. Somehow was a 4* on 247 back in those days. WW is still the best HS football player I’ve ever seen at least on the defensive side of the ball and I will stand by that. Sean wasn’t highly regarded but everyone knew he was special. WW, ST and Gore are the 3 best I’ve seen just my opinion though. I’m not as old as some of you.

I am biased and limited because I grew up in SWFL but for my money Jami German is the best HS player I have ever seen live. He was an absolute lock down All-American corner and probably an All-State WR. I saw Deion play when I was a kid and German was more impressive.
The second coming of Deion only the offensive version I remember an announcer saying. I wish he had stayed at DB for us and played a Charles Woodson role. German is one of the best athletes we’ve ever signed to this day. So much hype it was hard to live up to it.

Advertisement
Never seen Miles only heard stories. Gore I will agree along with Adrian Peterson is the best HS RBs I’ve ever seen film of. In todays world he would be a consensus #1 recruit. Somehow was a 4* on 247 back in those days. WW is still the best HS football player I’ve ever seen at least on the defensive side of the ball and I will stand by that. Sean wasn’t highly regarded but everyone knew he was special. WW, ST and Gore are the 3 best I’ve seen just my opinion though. I’m not as old as some of you.

247 wasn't even around during the AP recruiting days, so I'm not sure how or where that 4 star ranking came from. Scout and Rivals were it and Rivals had him as a 5 star. 247 ate up a lot of those old sites I believe, but ESPN team rankings came about in '06.

Advertisement
Saw Miles in person. His QB at Springs was a cat named Sheffield I believe and they had a really good WR. He was the best RB I've ever seen at the high school level.

Last edited:
Best I saw in person were Devin H, Tyrone Moss, and Anquan Boldin

Advertisement
Back