Justin Flowe to Miami prediction

Advertisement
School or conference refused to play the sport you agree to sign for? I think the law suits over this could be interesting. Given the small window for football players opportunity to get shot at the limited employment the potential irreparable damages could open floodgate for equable remedies. Could be interesting.
Refused? postponed During a global pandemic. If they want to play That bad, they can All sign a waiver And we Wouldn’t have many issues

School or conference refused to play the sport you agree to sign for? I think the law suits over this could be interesting. Given the small window for football players opportunity to get shot at the limited employment the potential irreparable damages could open floodgate for equable remedies. Could be interesting.
I'd love to hear the argument for players to prove future losses in a sport where 254 of 16,000 draft eligible players get drafted. The top kids still will. What's next, kids claiming their schooling is less effective being online only vs those with in-class instruction, therefore future earnings will be impacted when they are less qualified/trained for the job market?

You can't sue if coaches don't play you because they don't think you're good enough, or personally don't like your character. You can't sue if you get hurt and it prevents you from playing. I can't see how you could sue for a public health issue that has resulted in governments mandating states/companies shut down.

The only lawsuits i can envision is ones where the NCAA doesn't allow you to transfer and immediately play, or provide you with an additional year of eligibility to allow you opportunity to display your talent for employment opportunities. Outside of that, i see zero grounds for any legalities to be involved.

Advertisement
I'd love to hear the argument for players to prove future losses in a sport where 254 of 16,000 draft eligible players get drafted. The top kids still will. What's next, kids claiming their schooling is less effective being online only vs those with in-class instruction, therefore future earnings will be impacted when they are less qualified/trained for the job market?

You can't sue if coaches don't play you because they don't think you're good enough, or personally don't like your character. You can't sue if you get hurt and it prevents you from playing. I can't see how you could sue for a public health issue that has resulted in governments mandating states/companies shut down.

The only lawsuits i can envision is ones where the NCAA doesn't allow you to transfer and immediately play, or provide you with an additional year of eligibility to allow you opportunity to display your talent for employment opportunities. Outside of that, i see zero grounds for any legalities to be involved.
You can sue for anything. Winning is a different matter. Me, I always liked off the wall ligation. Never have been a chalk type. You make so good issues but one I think I would love to see be a defense - the extra years of eligibility.

Depending of possible I am sure I could get actuarial earning evidence to embarrass the attorney who raised. Life is short in football, especially say RB. One more year in college is one less year in NFL and for RB, unless he our beloved Superman Cane, is measured in low to mid single digits. Losing 15 to 25% of your earning years is big damages. Even a QB could argue 10 to 15% loss earning. And remember that comes off the prime earnings years for all of them, so the dollars get inflated - at least is I'm auguring the case. More importantly, you are not trying to GET damages but rather avoid them without real tangible damage to the other party. I give is 70% chance of winning ruling for kid to play immediately at school playing who wants him.

I don't like whining crybabies either, unless they have the $$$ for retainer and cost or an agent who fronts it. But don't worry, I don't practice these days. Just office type stuff on salary for big company. To old for courtroom stress.

Refused? postponed During a global pandemic. If they want to play That bad, they can All sign a waiver And we Wouldn’t have many issues
If they get that option for sure. My gut tells me there is more to this than ligation and schools certainly don't give a crap about kids safety. I don't expect much out my Canes this year or maybe ever again, so I have no horse in the game because Cane football is about it for sports with me these days.. They can play, shut down or completely illegitimate sports as far I am concerned. I would like to see just ACC play so we can get all four playoff spots. But for everyone else, I hope they play and see little additional risk for the players than being home or with more time on their hands.

The government isn't mandating the Big 10 shut down. That's all on them. Other conferences are pushing ahead and playing football.

I don't think players can sue the school, the conference, or the NCAA for choosing not to play. But I think they would have a good case to sue if the schools/conferences block those players ability to TRANSFER to a school that is choosing to play.

Schools have a right to choose whether to play football. But student athletes should have that same right to choose to attend a school that wants to play.

The government isn't mandating the Big 10 shut down. That's all on them. Other conferences are pushing ahead and playing football.

I don't think players can sue the school, the conference, or the NCAA for choosing not to play. But I think they would have a good case to sue if the schools/conferences block those players ability to TRANSFER to a school that is choosing to play.

Schools have a right to choose whether to play football. But student athletes should have that same right to choose to attend a school that wants to play.

This. It's an implied agreement that to sign with a university - they are going to play football - and you have a chance at playing if your play, behavior, and ability permits.

When a school decides after the fact - that they aren't even going to play football - that's a breach of the purpose and design of the scholarship - and at that time, any student should be able to transfer without penalty to another school who is actually going to play football.

Advertisement
Who gives af what the NCAA will or will not allow? They are literally no where to be found, and had no leadership ability in this whole matter. These mofos have been exposed butt nekkid. U got conferences calling their own shots, independent of each other, yet they are supposed to be unified under the NCAA banner. The NCAA have shown they are all bark; and these conferences just allowed them to do whatever for yrs. Now that chit is real, these dudes are literally no where, and conferences are doing them.

F competitive balance; chit CFB hasn’t been competitively balanced for a min. They turn an eye to the bag men of their blue blooded programs, and look to bury non traditional programs for a stick of gum taken. Fck Emmert & Fck the NCAA.
You were a hockey player in a former life. You drop more F bombs than me and I thought that was linguistically impossible. F&ck.

You were a hockey player in a former life. You drop more F bombs than me and I thought that was linguistically impossible. F&ck.

Well I Def got boys that fly around the rink that I crack open beers with from time to time. Lol

Advertisement
You can sue for anything. Winning is a different matter. Me, I always liked off the wall ligation. Never have been a chalk type. You make so good issues but one I think I would love to see be a defense - the extra years of eligibility.

Depending of possible I am sure I could get actuarial earning evidence to embarrass the attorney who raised. Life is short in football, especially say RB. One more year in college is one less year in NFL and for RB, unless he our beloved Superman Cane, is measured in low to mid single digits. Losing 15 to 25% of your earning years is big damages. Even a QB could argue 10 to 15% loss earning. And remember that comes off the prime earnings years for all of them, so the dollars get inflated - at least is I'm auguring the case. More importantly, you are not trying to GET damages but rather avoid them without real tangible damage to the other party. I give is 70% chance of winning ruling for kid to play immediately at school playing who wants him.

I don't like whining crybabies either, unless they have the $$$ for retainer and cost or an agent who fronts it. But don't worry, I don't practice these days. Just office type stuff on salary for big company. To old for courtroom stress.
The average NFL playing career is 3.3 years and the league minimum is $80k. That's $1,584,000.

People have sued for a lot less.

Advertisement
Who gives af what the NCAA will or will not allow? They are literally no where to be found, and had no leadership ability in this whole matter. These mofos have been exposed butt nekkid. U got conferences calling their own shots, independent of each other, yet they are supposed to be unified under the NCAA banner. The NCAA have shown they are all bark; and these conferences just allowed them to do whatever for yrs. Now that chit is real, these dudes are literally no where, and conferences are doing them.

F competitive balance; chit CFB hasn’t been competitively balanced for a min. They turn an eye to the bag men of their blue blooded programs, and look to bury non traditional programs for a stick of gum taken. Fck Emmert & Fck the NCAA.
Yeah that’s true, this whole thing has shown the NCAA doesn’t have the power people think it has. The conferences have made decisions amongst themselves without much input from Emmert. All we’ve heard from the NCAA the past few days are mostly irrelevant twitter statements.

Advertisement
Back