Junior QB Tyree Jackson transfer from University of Buffalo

Advertisement
Need to bring in at least 1 QB regardless of transfer or recruit. Weldon and Perry both aren’t going to make it to next offseason. They are both on thin ice.

Advertisement
Need to bring in at least 1 QB regardless of transfer or recruit. Weldon and Perry both aren’t going to make it to next offseason. They are both on thin ice.

I don't think we're off the hook with Jarren. He may dip if he loses the job in the Spring or Fall.

Would be nice. Have a feeling Richt promised Jarren no graduate transfers to keep him but who knows.
This is something really stupid that I can see CMR doing. Although I think Weldon and Perry are gone after this year, so we would need more bodies anyway

Advertisement
He’d be an idiot to go to the draft. He’s Logan Thomas at this point.

He should find a good offensive team willing to guarantee him the starting job. Minshew is done at WSU.

I'm curious what he's hearing from the NFL, but the buzz on him was sounding like a 3rd Round type. Or, basically the in that group of QBs that are going to be in that tier two after the definitive first rounders go.

With that said, if he moves to a Power 5, produces, tightens everything up...he can be more. There is a lot to like about his game.

If you are going to take a flyer on a qb , then consider:

Messiah DeWeaver, JUCO kid at East Mississippi CC, 6'5" 230 lbs, 68% completion (JUCO stats)

Kare Lyles, 6'2" 210 lbs, 70% completion (HS career), 63.5% completion (JUCO)

Tylan Morton, Hinds CC (from GA though so Rick connection) 6'4", 200 lbs, 66.7% completion (HS stats), set Georgia single season record for passing in 2016 (4741 yards). Academics seems to be his issue

Last edited:
I'm curious what he's hearing from the NFL, but the buzz on him was sounding like a 3rd Round type. Or, basically the in that group of QBs that are going to be in that tier two after the definitive first rounders go.

With that said, if he moves to a Power 5, produces, tightens everything up...he can be more. There is a lot to like about his game.
He’s got some good things about him, but I watched two complete games of his (the final 2 of this season), and he leaves a lot of plays on the field and is very careless with the ball.

He’d be making a colossal mistake declaring early. He should go somewhere and prove he can do it against better competition and also improve the giant holes in his game. Like I said above, he’s almost a clone of Logan Thomas.

Advertisement
If you are going to take a flyer on a qb , then consider:

Messiah DeWeaver, JUCO kid at East Mississippi CC, 6'5" 230 lbs, 68% completion (JUCO stats)

Kare Lyles, 6'2" 210 lbs, 70% completion (HS career), 63.5% completion (JUCO)

Tylan Morton, Hinds CC (from GA though so Rick connection) 6'4", 200 lbs, 66.7% completion (HS stats), set Georgia single season record for passing in 2016 (4741 yards). Academics seems to be his issue
That’s the route Bronco took, and Perkins was a big shot in the arm for his program.

If smart will be looking to a place where his skill set can be developed....Miami has no shot

Advertisement
He’s got some good things about him, but I watched two complete games of his (the final 2 of this season), and he leaves a lot of plays on the field and is very careless with the ball.

He’d be making a colossal mistake declaring early. He should go somewhere and prove he can do it against better competition and also improve the giant holes in his game. Like I said above, he’s almost a clone of Logan Thomas.

That is why I called him a far less accurate black Big Ben.

If you remember Roethlisberger at Miami (OH)...he was the biggest dude on the field, he was running around all over the place just chuckin. He'd make mistakes and throw some picks, but he'd also have some highlight reel ****. Tyree Jackson does that a lot. He'll roll from the pocket and just chuck. Yeah, he'll throw a duck or hit an under linebacker in the chest like he did versus Troy. Or he'll have some reckless throws into coverage.

I like this guy a lot more than others, but do agree, he'd make a mistake going early. He just needs to tighten up a lot of what he does, like throwing off his back foot like he does a lot, play in control a bit more, etc.

I still stand by he'd be the best QB in the room if he came here.

I think we all can agree on this:

- At least 1 if not 2 of Perry, Weldon, Jarren will not be here next year
- Perry could already be 1 foot out the door if he suspension rumors play out (not sure who the F would take him outside of small schools though)
- Jarren is 99% transferring if he is not starter next year. I see ZERO chance he rides the bench again after multiple transfer rumors
- Need a grad transfer as a back-up option, not sure who will want to come here with 3 players they have to compete against though unless its a Fields (not coming) or kid who values a UM degree
- QB room will be a complete ****show next year unless Jarren wins the job and proves to be the Truth

Advertisement
Back