June enrollee update: Evidence Njoku

If his body fat % is anywhere near that low, keeping him hydrated in our heat/humidity will be key. It's easy for someone that lean to get too dry down here.

Advertisement
he's definitely someone who I'm personally very excited to see develop. I think his potential is through the roof, especially if he can maintain or improve his speed while getting bigger

4% body fat...

get the *** out of here

love your updates pete, but I hope you don't honestly believe that

When I was getting my Marine Corps exit physical in 1992 they checked me twice with metal calipers and came up with 3% body fat both times. The nurse wanted to test me for steroids but the doctor said to let me go since I was getting out. So, it can be done. I was 6'1 and 217 lbs.

Last edited:
physical tools and testing numbers are off the chart. i'm a fan of his tape as well. for those who have seen him in person - is he as fluid of an athlete as his brother?

4% body fat...

get the *** out of here

That is insane. There's no reason for him to have lied about it unless there was a misunderstanding between him and his trainer.

In bodybuilding competitions the competitors cut carbs for weeks and weeks in order to cut their fat down to almost nothing for the stage and most of them in that stage are somewhere between 6 to 8 percent body fat in doing so. Most importantly they're VERY weak at this stage from doing so.

Greg plitt used to talk about how weak he always was when he did photo shoots for magazine covers like mens fitness and how even though he was looking his best, he was feeling his worst and he wasn't even close to 4%

yet this kid just does this day in and day out?

I understand the science behind it and I'm not saying it's 100%. Check the wording.

Why wouldn't you just leave something so blatantly incorrect out of your report? Let alone include it in your tweet...

Advertisement
4% body fat...

get the *** out of here

That is insane. There's no reason for him to have lied about it unless there was a misunderstanding between him and his trainer.

In bodybuilding competitions the competitors cut carbs for weeks and weeks in order to cut their fat down to almost nothing for the stage and most of them in that stage are somewhere between 6 to 8 percent body fat in doing so. Most importantly they're VERY weak at this stage from doing so.

Greg plitt used to talk about how weak he always was when he did photo shoots for magazine covers like mens fitness and how even though he was looking his best, he was feeling his worst and he wasn't even close to 4%

yet this kid just does this day in and day out?

I understand the science behind it and I'm not saying it's 100%. Check the wording.

Why wouldn't you just leave something so blatantly incorrect out of your report? Let alone include it in your tweet...

We don't know that it's "blatantly wrong"

It is very unlikely that he's 4% body fat. However there's an easy explanation as to how that number came up, and it has nothing to do with lying. Measuring body fat is a very inexact science. Very typical to have measurements that are off by 5%+, unless you are doing 3D body scans or hydrostatic weighing. He's likely closer to 8% which is still excellent for athletes.

Great post. Body fat % is very difficult to measure with much exactitude.

OTOH Wingspan is not hard to measure and a 7 ft wingspan is fantastic and quite relevant for a WR.

So it was 4.6%, not 4.4%.

Evidence said he saw that some people didn't believe him. So he sent me a picture.

IMG_3955.jpg

Advertisement
Body fat % is cool, I guess. But I am way more interested in the kid's catch radius. Already over 35" vertical, with huge wingspan, and 6'5." Makes the QBs' life much easier... just get the ball somewhere near this kid. If he puts in the work, he should (at least) be a matchup nightmare in the redzone. Fade routes into the corner of the endzone? Check!

Advertisement
Body fat % is cool, I guess. But I am way more interested in the kid's catch radius. Already over 35" vertical, with huge wingspan, and 6'5." Makes the QBs' life much easier... just get the ball somewhere near this kid. If he puts in the work, he should (at least) be a matchup nightmare in the redzone. Fade routes into the corner of the endzone? Check!

Yep he already has the same wingspan as david entering miami

That vert, with that wingspan on a 6'5 frame? Outrageous.

Gonna be fun watching him develop and see what he turns into.

Advertisement
This kid will be Dugans' prized developmental prospect for his career. Potential screams first round pick. If he coaches EN up then we have a monster on deck.

During a recruiting day interview posted around here somewhere you could tell that Dugans really does like this kid and mentioned his name enthusiastically when the interviewer forgot to mention him as being part of the class.
I honestly think that he is more excited about Deejay and Njoku than he is about the little speedy guys coming in. And that says a lot since Thomas and Harley look like game breakers on film too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back