Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

That's a helluva comparison. He legit had the top 5 hands in the NFL OF ALL TIME.

I wouldn't even know how to make a list like that.

Guys that always seemed to grab the ball when I watched the NFL in no particular order growing up to when I stopped watching as follows.

Steve Largent
Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Chris Carter
Steve Smith
Marvin Harrison
Randy Moss

There's a ton of wide receivers, but those guy snagged it if it was in the vacinity. They were all absolute money. I'm not taking him over any of them and a complete list of NFL all-time would have a ton more names on it.

Advertisement

Guys that always seemed to grab the ball when I watched the NFL in no particular order growing up to when I stopped watching as follows.

Steve Largent
Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Chris Carter
Steve Smith
Marvin Harrison
Randy Moss

There's a ton of wide receivers, but those guy snagged it if it was in the vacinity. They were all absolute money. I'm not taking him over any of them and a complete list of NFL all-time would have a ton more names on it.
Those guys are legit.
But I had to separate best WR from bedtime hands. Cris Carter had the best hands ever in the NFL, but he wasn't the 🐐 like Jerry.
That's where Orande fits for me. Him, Jason Avant, Cris Carter, Brandon Lloyd... best hands I've ever seen IMO.

Steve Largent
Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Chris Carter
Steve Smith
Marvin Harrison
Randy Moss

Larry Fitzgerald.

The best hands to ever catch a football.

So here is the real skinny on C Young. When he did his workouts at local camps, all of his metrics were off the charts except his 40 time. His vertical was like 42 inches but his 40 time did not align with everything else. He had offers from some schools like UConn & UMass. Also there was some question if he would qualify. Also assuming he dealt with the covid ****. NY put are kids in covid jail. He goes to JC in Penn(legit school) qualifies anyway and 40 time aligns with everything else. I was talking to a head football coach at a D3 school near where he went to HS and he said if his 40 time was where it was suppose to be, he was a major recruit out of HS

Ask him if there’s any more Colbies up there.

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
It is because he rarely did.

Wild stat...Larry Fitzgerald had more tackles without ever playing a down of defense than he did drops throughout his career. Monster.
Funny, I knew that. I just knew I was forgetting someone on my list. 🤦🏿‍♂️
Fitz was a beast when it came to catching the football.

So here is the real skinny on C Young. When he did his workouts at local camps, all of his metrics were off the charts except his 40 time. His vertical was like 42 inches but his 40 time did not align with everything else. He had offers from some schools like UConn & UMass. Also there was some question if he would qualify. Also assuming he dealt with the covid ****. NY put are kids in covid jail. He goes to JC in Penn(legit school) qualifies anyway and 40 time aligns with everything else. I was talking to a head football coach at a D3 school near where he went to HS and he said if his 40 time was where it was suppose to be, he was a major recruit out of HS
Probably needed to run track.. Would have got him right, even just to go to track practice..

Advertisement
It is because he rarely did.

Wild stat...Larry Fitzgerald had more tackles without ever playing a down of defense than he did drops throughout his career. Monster.
Larry’s great, but that stat sounds to me like that’s the stat of a WR that doesn’t fight for the ball and let’s his QB get picked off instead of going up and fighting for a contested ball that could wind up being a drop.

Just amazing for this 2* from JC who Tenn wanted at TE arrives in august and a few weeks later is by far the best WR on the team except maybe a healthy Restrepo.How did we miss so bad on all these 4* wrs George,Redding,Smith,Mello who Georgia was ****ed when we beat them for him.If we hit the portal for a couple wrs I expect most of these guys to portal out.

Advertisement
Not to derail the thread and I'm sure Ill be a hater but I'm going to pump the brakes on the Cuse love. They are 6-0 and there two best wins are Purdue and a Devin Leary-less NC State. They survived UVA. Now playing a noon game in Death Valley likely helps them as it wont be wild. But I could see Clemson beating them by 2 TD's plus. They really could lose every game they have left other than BC. (And hopefully FSU).
Barbers is on Year SEVEN. One winning season in the past six. Five losing seasons, including s 1-10 record in 2020.

Pretty big indictment of this staph they couldnt figure out he was our best WR all camp...

Advertisement
Just amazing for this 2* from JC who Tenn wanted at TE arrives in august and a few weeks later is by far the best WR on the team except maybe a healthy Restrepo.How did we miss so bad on all these 4* wrs George,Redding,Smith,Mello who Georgia was ****ed when we beat them for him.If we hit the portal for a couple wrs I expect most of these guys to portal out.
George,Smith, Mello are all inthere 2nd years i wouldnt give up on them just yet....They are young.

Advertisement
Back