Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I think a guy like Dan Mullen would be a good OC here. He could maximize what we have & get in the future. Plus he kills 2 birds with 1 stone replacing both Gattis/Ponce.
The guy is weird but man as an OC he’s a huge get and has a track record. But I think if he coaches soon he’d have P5 suitors. He took ufag to 3 NY6 bowls I think.

Advertisement
The guy is weird but man as an OC he’s a huge get and has a track record. But I think if he coaches soon he’d have P5 suitors. He took ufag to 3 NY6 bowls I think.
He might not want the stress of being a head coach. And he's wanted the job here in the past so it's a maybe.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I think a guy like Dan Mullen would be a good OC here. He could maximize what we have & get in the future. Plus he kills 2 birds with 1 stone replacing both Gattis/Ponce.
That weird **** can coach and he's one of the best play callers there is. He'd help offset Mario's ****** game day management.

**** weird. ill take him any day. hes FAR better than ponce as a QB coach and Gattis as an OC. hes also been an HC and can help out Mario (hes been more successful than Mario in a much tougher conference). idc about his recruiting bc we have terrible recruiters on staff but theyre also doing terrible jobs as coaches. id rather Mario pick up his slack and Mullen just coach the O

Advertisement
**** weird. ill take him any day. hes FAR better than ponce as a QB coach and Gattis as an OC. hes also been an HC and can help out Mario (hes been more successful than Mario in a much tougher conference). idc about his recruiting bc we have terrible recruiters on staff but theyre also doing terrible jobs as coaches. id rather Mario pick up his slack and Mullen just coach the O
As long as Mario, Mirabal, Field, and Smith are recruiting for the offense that's more than fine. We need an OC who can effectively teach and scheme in the 21st century.

As long as Mario, Mirabal, Field, and Smith are recruiting for the offense that's more than fine. We need an OC who can effectively teach and scheme in the 21st century.
Smith isn’t exactly killing it right now with 0 RB commits and a room full of misery

Smith isn’t exactly killing it right now with 0 RB commits and a room full of misery
He had 0 problem recruiting rb's elsewhere which leads me to believe the scheme itself is a big reason why and the room full of misery is more related to injury which he can't control

Advertisement
Advertisement
agreed. I was in the camp that we needed a good recruiter as OC but seeing what we have now w a bad OC and bad recruiter, yeesh. give me 1 out of 2 and the rest of the staff can pick up the slack

Advertisement
Hopefully focused on Chris Johnson
if you listened to the recent Navarro pod, the second half of it he had a guy on talking about recruiting. he said that CJ had a commitment edit done and shared w people at 247, etc., and then never announced. its now that hes waiting to see the results of the year to make up hs mind. he may still come but when a kid holds off when he was close to popping, hes not coming esp this long. we should be offering more backs bc if it is still Ole Miss v Miami, OM has a better rushing offense than us from the get go (before we had the injuries to the line).

if you listened to the recent Navarro pod, the second half of it he had a guy on talking about recruiting. he said that CJ had a commitment edit done and shared w people at 247, etc., and then never announced. its now that hes waiting to see the results of the year to make up hs mind. he may still come but when a kid holds off when he was close to popping, hes not coming esp this long. we should be offering more backs bc if it is still Ole Miss v Miami, OM has a better rushing offense than us from the get go (before we had the injuries to the line).
True that usually doesn't bode well, but my question then is why hasn't he just outright picked Ole Miss ? Either he truly doesn't wanna be there either or he's hoping for a different school to get involved.

True that usually doesn't bode well, but my question then is why hasn't he just outright picked Ole Miss ? Either he truly doesn't wanna be there either or he's hoping for a different school to get involved.
I think he wants to be here honestly. its why I think hes still coming but I dont feel good when a kid pulls his commitment back and its been this long now (not like the Bryant thing where it extended a few days).

maybe hes just hoping for miami to give him any glimmer of hope for him to feel good about coming here and we just haven't so far.

I think he wants to be here honestly. its why I think hes still coming but I dont feel good when a kid pulls his commitment back and its been this long now (not like the Bryant thing where it extended a few days).

maybe hes just hoping for miami to give him any glimmer of hope for him to feel good about coming here and we just haven't so far.
I honestly can't blame the kid. Maybe Jackson reclassifying to 2023 also helps him knowing he has a teammate who'll be there too.

Advertisement
Back