Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
Smith is gonna be replaced by X
I got it. All I’m saying is the kids done a good job and perhaps as C moves in front, or hopefully George gets healthy, a guy like Smith can be the third or fourth option and I’ll take him over a teams three or four corners. Colby Young though? Great find! Kid looks like legit number 1 receiver good. We will see, but it’s nice to see guys step out and do their thing

Advertisement
Mason Taylor seemed to want to go sec we offered him. Lil Oronde im not sure...Syracuse comes down here and grabs big wrs they have him and a kid i coached currently both big body wr with hands. Damian Alford. Oronde is showing out this year
Did his father play at Syracuse?

Smith is gonna be replaced by X
I don't see that happening anytime soon unless X is 100% and cleared to play vs Duke. Even so it will most likely take X a bit to get back into the groove. Then when X is fully healthy and completely reintegrated it would be foolish to take out B. Smith after how well he has been playing. Smith is developing right in front of our eyes and you think he's going to just get benched? Not a chance. You get both on the field together if you need to because we need as many dependable receivers as we can get.

Advertisement
Syracuse quietly has a pretty good staff. Adding anae was big and their defense plays tough. Interested to see them go against some better teams

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not to derail the thread and I'm sure Ill be a hater but I'm going to pump the brakes on the Cuse love. They are 6-0 and there two best wins are Purdue and a Devin Leary-less NC State. They survived UVA. Now playing a noon game in Death Valley likely helps them as it wont be wild. But I could see Clemson beating them by 2 TD's plus. They really could lose every game they have left other than BC. (And hopefully FSU).

Not to derail the thread and I'm sure Ill be a hater but I'm going to pump the brakes on the Cuse love. They are 6-0 and there two best wins are Purdue and a Devin Leary-less NC State. They survived UVA. Now playing a noon game in Death Valley likely helps them as it wont be wild. But I could see Clemson beating them by 2 TD's plus. They really could lose every game they have left other than BC. (And hopefully FSU).
As usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Anae was a huge hire for them and a lot of people on here wanted him in Miami

So here is the real skinny on C Young. When he did his workouts at local camps, all of his metrics were off the charts except his 40 time. His vertical was like 42 inches but his 40 time did not align with everything else. He had offers from some schools like UConn & UMass. Also there was some question if he would qualify. Also assuming he dealt with the covid ****. NY put are kids in covid jail. He goes to JC in Penn(legit school) qualifies anyway and 40 time aligns with everything else. I was talking to a head football coach at a D3 school near where he went to HS and he said if his 40 time was where it was suppose to be, he was a major recruit out of HS

Advertisement
Back