JUCO WR Jaelen Strong

Advertisement
This is a beast. Led his league in receiving yards and TDs. He is reason Beau's numbers aren't better. He is the go to guy.

Advertisement
Yeah, I'd rather have 3-4 years of Coley to work with.

give me coley over strong if we had to pick out of the two...

149.jpg

The QB on that video has a canon. At about the 1:18 mark he launches a 65 yard pass that hits Strong in the hands going into the end zone. The pass looked effortless. Strong has great athleticism. His straight ahead speed looks plenty good enough.

Last edited:
He got reclassified to the 2014 class so yea

Funny enough if he signs with an SEC school he will have to sit out a year after signing this February. If he picks us, ASU, or TT he will have 3 years to play 3. So clearly the SEC is at a disadvantage, something about online classes.

Well isn't that just lovely.

I just read last night that's why Beau was essentially disqualified from virtually the entire SEC. He had an online class and would not have been eligible.

give me coley over strong if we had to pick out of the two...

If you can get him, myabe you take him, especially if he's still got three years of eligibility left. These juco guys might qualify against previous year's numbers, so it might not go against the upcoming 2013 self-imposed scholarship limitations. I'm not sure if that's true, but if it is, it's a way to stock the team and stay within the self-imposed limitations.

Advertisement

Funny enough if he signs with an SEC school he will have to sit out a year after signing this February. If he picks us, ASU, or TT he will have 3 years to play 3. So clearly the SEC is at a disadvantage, something about online classes.

I just read last night that's why Beau was essentially disqualified from virtually the entire SEC. He had an online class and would not have been eligible.

You are exactly right.

From an interview with him in October (which I never saw) he said he had to eliminate UF, Georgia, LSU and other top SEC schools.

I say we take this kid regardless of Coley or anything else. He is a playmaker and we aren't in position to be turning away playmakers. Maybe I just have the blood lust after the Sandland commit but realistically, how often do you find a kid that is 6'3" or whatever he is and can make plays in space like this? That short pass he took to the house on the first play of his clip was good enough for me.

We were planning on taking 2 WRs this year anyway. Strong would just replace AJL. Coley would still have a spot if he wanted. With Scott's issues I think 2 is our best bet.

Advertisement
This is just the beginning for Pierce. Spoke w HC Martinez, expects another group of players to sign in Feb., including top WR Jaelen Strong
1:12pm - 19 Dec 12

Landing this guy in addition to Sandman, and Bond, forget it. Best off-season acquisitions since LeBron and Bosh. Seriously, what absurdity of an offense we could field next year. Only little question is Duke's running mate. So let's pray AC comes to his senses and I'll be drunk from Feb 6 until the Spring game AT LEAST.

as good as this kid is hes far from a must-get. if we get coley (which i honestly think we do) then we are chilllllllin. our WR's are good as ****, possibly the deepest position on the team.

**** IT, LETS SIGN THIS M'FCKER

Advertisement
Hold up..

This cat made all those plays in that highlight video THIS season? As a freshman?? :eekeyes:

Kid is a beast, I'm all in. He'll be ready to go from Day 1.

You are exactly right.

From an interview with him in October (which I never saw) he said he had to eliminate UF, Georgia, LSU and other top SEC schools.

How is it that only the SEC schools are affected by the online class? Most of them take anyone that can spell their name.

Advertisement
Back