JUCO WR Jaelen Strong

Advertisement
WR's are impossible to evaluate on a highlight tape. The most important thing for a WR is his hands, and you'll never know from a highlight tape how many he catches vs drops.

Part of me thinks there's no reason we ever need to leave S FL for a wideout. We live in the best part of the country for WR's. That said, I love love love this kid's film. He's big, strong, physical, and he battles for the football. That's my kind of WR. The fact that he can play 3 is good too.

WR's are impossible to evaluate on a highlight tape. The most important thing for a WR is his hands, and you'll never know from a highlight tape how many he catches vs drops.

Part of me thinks there's no reason we ever need to leave S FL for a wideout. We live in the best part of the country for WR's. That said, I love love love this kid's film. He's big, strong, physical, and he battles for the football. That's my kind of WR. The fact that he can play 3 is good too.

Agree with the last part of your post, I would also make an exception for this kid as we need a bigger bodied WR that can play now and I don't believe Carter or Jones is ready for that yet.

lol wut.

Trust me there are plenty of good WR's outside Dade and Broward, and you can tell a ****load about a WR from his highlight.

lol wut.

Trust me there are plenty of good WR's outside Dade and Broward, and you can tell a ****load about a WR from his highlight.

Yeah but there are plenty of good ones in S Florida, and we can evaluate local kids better than we can evaluate kids in California. It's less of a risk taking a S FL kid because we know our evaluations are good.

I agree you can see a lot from a highlight film, but if a kid has a problem with hands, you won't see that on a highlight film.

This kid is big and strong, but he's not a burner. That means, he has to be able to catch the ball in traffic. How are you going to know if he can do that on every down just based on this tape?

Advertisement

Agree with the last part of your post, I would also make an exception for this kid as we need a bigger bodied WR that can play now and I don't believe Carter or Jones is ready for that yet.

If we get Sandland AND this guy, our offense is going to be sick. Best in the country IMO.

One thing you can see on his tape is he's liable to spring Duke for a long run. Me gusta. Saw him pancake a few juco cornerbacks on that tape. That gets big brownie points in my book.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't blame you for being confused. **** I had to read it a few times just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Not too many times we have been in that situation that I recall.

Advertisement
I WANT this kid.... we need a big receiver that can take the lid off and get the jump ball in the red zone... need the Andre Johnson.... Hurns is not it right now just a good short yardage WR IMO... need that Tommy Streeter type player...

I WANT this kid.... we need a big receiver that can take the lid off and get the jump ball in the red zone... need the Andre Johnson.... Hurns is not it right now just a good short yardage WR IMO... need that Tommy Streeter type player...

I think Carter will be that guy but I agree we have a lot of smallish type receivers. Scott is a bit of a ? right now so a kid like this could look great on the roster.

Advertisement
Back