JUCO TE Beau Sandland

Was just reading an interview with Sandland. From the sounds of it, Arizona St. is the team to beat at the moment.

If we get him its going to take a great visit and some major recruiting by Carroll. Sandland pretty much said his position coach is the most important thing to him.

He also said he will probably narrow his list down again in early to mid December before making his decision.

Also wanted to pass along Miami offered JUCO TE Brandon Vandenburg the other day. Couldn't really find any recent highlights of him though.

I got you jhall..

brandon highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/92307/highlights/19200374

Advertisement
If Carroll does one freaking thing since he has been here, it better be to bring this guy in and land him. The his tenure might be worth it. Kid looks like an elite TE from Carroll's own stomping grounds. If he has the chance to close the deal with someone from the west coast, this kid is it. Mke it happen. Channel your inner Pete.

BTW, I feel bad for Walford. And please let's RS the incoming recruits

Was just reading an interview with Sandland. From the sounds of it, Arizona St. is the team to beat at the moment.

If we get him its going to take a great visit and some major recruiting by Carroll. Sandland pretty much said his position coach is the most important thing to him.

He also said he will probably narrow his list down again in early to mid December before making his decision.

Also wanted to pass along Miami offered JUCO TE Brandon Vandenburg the other day. Couldn't really find any recent highlights of him though.

I got you jhall..

brandon highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/92307/highlights/19200374

Thanks man. Kinda looks like Sandland out there. Another big fluid kid.

Will start visit this Friday. Some key points in the article I read

- If he loves visit, he will not commit. Wants get home and weigh options before jumping.
- Will arrive / enroll in January
- Has 3 years to play 2
- Wants to play from DAY1. If he CANT come in and play day 1, he will not consider that school
- Miami has made no promise of early PT
- Well aware of Miami's history with TEs. Says Miami is " arguably the best Tight End school in history"
- Every school is even, no favorites
- One visit left after Miami, which is Texas Tech (12-7)

Advertisement
Walford is a nice story, but Beau should and would start here the second he arrives. He's a deadly combo of size and speed. This guy is elite.

Walford is a nice story, but Beau should and would start here the second he arrives. He's a deadly combo of size and speed. This guy is elite.

Wow you know nothing lol.....

Walford is going to continue to develop and the TE position will be his job to lose.

Dominating in JUCO means nothing when it comes to D-1 football... the best he should hope for is being the #2 guy and if he has a problem w/ that he can kick rocks. This notion that he should start over Walford from day one is about as dumb as the majority of the things you post.

Will start visit this Friday. Some key points in the article I read

- If he loves visit, he will not commit. Wants get home and weigh options before jumping.
- Will arrive / enroll in January
- Has 3 years to play 2
- Wants to play from DAY1. If he CANT come in and play day 1, he will not consider that school
- Miami has made no promise of early PT
- Well aware of Miami's history with TEs. Says Miami is " arguably the best Tight End school in history"
- Every school is even, no favorites
- One visit left after Miami, which is Texas Tech (12-7)

Thanks man. I think ASU is the team to beat but there's nothing but gut feeling about that one. We definitely have a good shot.

Advertisement

Walford is going to continue to develop and the TE position will be his job to lose.

Dominating in JUCO means nothing when it comes to D-1 football... the best he should hope for is being the #2 guy and if he has a problem w/ that he can kick rocks. This notion that he should start over Walford from day one is about as dumb as the majority of the things you post.

You bring people coffee and sell hats from a trunk for a living.

Walford is slow and stiff. He's not a #1 TE. His solid year is a testament to Fisch and his hard work, but he is not a #1 talent at TE for a program like Miami.

Walford is developing, and that's all well and good for us--but Sandland can be a major contributor from the minute he steps on campus. Having a guy like him to open up the middle of the field for our WR's, and also as a guy to target in the redzone, can only help us offensively. I love his upside, and if he can translate his game on tape to the D1 level, he could be our best TE to come to Miami this side of Shockey. I think he's a mix between Shockey and Greg Olsen.

That being said--Chase Ford was supposed to be a can't-miss JUCO stud, and we all know how that turned out. It's nice to get a JUCO guy who you think can help you right away to come play for you...but you have to be cautious and keep in mind that the transition from JUCO to D1 isn't always as seamless as it should be.

You bring people coffee and sell hats from a trunk for a living.

Walford is slow and stiff. He's not a #1 TE. His solid year is a testament to Fisch and his hard work, but he is not a #1 talent at TE for a program like Miami.

LOL thanks for telling me something I didn't know about myself... hilarious.

"Walford is slow and stiff" look how dumb you sound.... He's a TE, how fast is a TE suppose to be in your mind??? As fast as Dorsett lol

He is fast enough for the position, what do you see from Beau's JUCO tapes that show you he's "faster???" Walford has been able to get open, how do you explain that???? You are a clown, like McGahee2thehouse said stick to jokes and leave the football talk to somebody else.

Walford is developing, and that's all well and good for us--but Sandland can be a major contributor from the minute he steps on campus. Having a guy like him to open up the middle of the field for our WR's, and also as a guy to target in the redzone, can only help us offensively. I love his upside, and if he can translate his game on tape to the D1 level, he could be our best TE to come to Miami this side of Shockey. I think he's a mix between Shockey and Greg Olsen.

That being said--Chase Ford was supposed to be a can't-miss JUCO stud, and we all know how that turned out. It's nice to get a JUCO guy who you think can help you right away to come play for you...but you have to be cautious and keep in mind that the transition from JUCO to D1 isn't always as seamless as it should be.

I definitely think Beau can contribute, besides Clive the other 2 TEs are not impressive at all... but this notion that he should be the automatic "starter" from day one, just b/c you get hard ons from highlight tapes is hilarious.

WTH is WhatTheHell talking about :ibisroflmao:

Advertisement

No they tell you come here you compete and you will have a very good chance at starting. Walford diddnt do anything until the final two games, he must show consistency. If you think kids from juco cant come and ball out check the wr Tennesse got last yr.

No they tell you come here you compete and you will have a very good chance at starting. Walford diddnt do anything until the final two games, he must show consistency. If you think kids from juco cant come and ball out check the wr Tennesse got last yr.

Yep.... I didn't say JUCO kids "can't" ball out. I said this notion that he should automatically be the starter b/c of a JUCO tape is basically ridiculous. WHo knows how he is going to be if he comes to Miami, he might be the 2nd coming of Jeremy Shockey but he might be another Chase Ford.

Clive knows the offense thoroughly at this point, and in all fairness he started to stand out more like the last 4 games not 2 games... regardless he is only a sophomore and is only going to his junior year. I trust him more then I trust a JUCO TE who hasn't even seen the playbook yet.

If he does commit, hopefully he is able to earn playing time so as many freshman TEs can redshirt as possible.

Do not want.. Sounds like he wants a guaranteed starting position...He needs to stay out West... Id rather develop Dyron Dye

Advertisement
The kid will play for us if he comes here. Too good not too. But promises of playing time are for Larry Coker.

i dont think this a must get. the way walford has come on, he's looking like he will continue to progress and only improve in the offseason and get better. plus we have 2 big time recruits coming in. maybe one plays and one redshirts.

Miami is going to have 9 scholarship tight ends + a walk-on H-Back if this guy signs with Miami.

That is a lot of scholarships at TE. I'd take this guy yesterday, but it is just something to note.

Advertisement
Back