Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Have to believe contract anniversary dates might have some impact on the "discussions" to a degree. February 6 was the hire date so perhaps things accelerate a bit after 2/06/23? "Generally" sides will agree to prorate days prior to a contract trigger date unless they are playing "hard ball" with all contract clauses and stipulations. Hoping that February 10 is the latest we will have to wait for the "Gattis to PSU" notice.

So if he really isn't out recruiting and players haven't seen him.. how long until he can be fired for cause for not doing his job? Or would firing him like that be a bad look within the coaching circles?

Advertisement
So if he really isn't out recruiting and players haven't seen him.. how long until he can be fired for cause for not doing his job? Or would firing him like that be a bad look within the coaching circles?
He's not out because he was instructed to cease contact while his job search and termination agreement situation is finalized by the AD, and the final terms could be tied to his hire date anniversary as contracts generally are tied to specific trigger dates. As the "insiders" have commented ... "let it all play out". Personally I would expect some finality after the February 6 hire dated.

Advertisement
Tim Cramsey was on FIU’s staff with Coach Cristobal in 2012 👀. Memphis’ current OC/QBC. Memphis finished #22 in scoring O this year, #21 passing O, and #75 in rushing O at 3.75 ypc (we were 3.71).

Now go crazy with speculation and don’t ask how I knew that.
I won't judge an OC until I here the unique title/name he has for his offense that makes is a combo of two others

Who are Mario's "swings and misses" as a head coach? Most of his coordinator-level guys have gone on to promotions and/or success at some point after.
He wasn't talking about Mario's swings and misses. He was talking about our programs history of swings and misses and why because of that history we had no business signing a head coach to an 8 year contract.

Advertisement
He wasn't talking about Mario's swings and misses. He was talking about our programs history of swings and misses and why because of that history we had no business signing a head coach to an 8 year contract.

It would be quicker to talk about the ones we swung and connected in the last two decades. I can't think of any

Nah Dak being a turnover machine isn’t new… last weeks Maher debacle was definitely a new one.

Dak just can’t stop staring down his WRs
The crazy thing about Dak is that MOST of his ints happened this year when they're using the "quick" game stuff. Slants, speed outs, stick routes, hitches. He hardly ever throws them when he has to read the field. It's like he don't even make the ONE read that he has on those throws. He just gets it and tries to rip it in there. **** the defensive alignment. A pro QB with his experience should not be making these "rookie" mistakes.

Advertisement
Cramsey made $200k last year

If Mario wants to compete with the big dogs and this is the play at OC this might be the mail in the coffin for me
I do like the Chip Kelly influence, tho.

Cramsey made $200k last year

If Mario wants to compete with the big dogs and this is the play at OC this might be the mail in the coffin for me

It’d be pretty bad, lol. Let’s relax, this is all just a guess based off a rumor from random poster.

Tim Cramsey was on FIU’s staff with Coach Cristobal in 2012 👀. Memphis’ current OC/QBC. Memphis finished #22 in scoring O this year, #21 passing O, and #75 in rushing O at 3.75 ypc (we were 3.71).

Now go crazy with speculation and don’t ask how I knew that.
Interesting a lot of Memphis offense players entered the portal. Could be a sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back