Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Cramsey was on FIU’s staff with Coach Cristobal in 2012 👀. Memphis’ current OC/QBC. Memphis finished #22 in scoring O this year, #21 passing O, and #75 in rushing O at 3.75 ypc (we were 3.71).

Now go crazy with speculation and don’t ask how I knew that.
FAN!

Advertisement

I know nothing about him as far as style/philosophy, but Memphis HC is an OL guy ala Mario so he isn't leaning on a play calling wizard or anything like that and they put up points this year although they struggled overall as a team going 6-6.

Cramsey was also the OC/QBC at Marshall from 18-21. In 2021, Marshall's O was very impressive statistically, but from 18-20 it was not, at all lol.

I know nothing about him as far as style/philosophy, but Memphis HC is an OL guy ala Mario so he isn't leaning on a play calling wizard or anything like that and they put up points this year although they struggled overall as a team going 6-6.

Cramsey was also the OC/QBC at Marshall from 18-21. In 2021, Marshall's O was very impressive statistically, but from 18-20 it was not, at all lol.
Not vouching or anything like that, just what I found from a very superficial research that might be interesting (good or bad)

A great recommendation

When Polian was deciding who his next offensive coordinator would be, he called Chip Kelly.

Kelly, now the coach of the NFL’s 49ers, was New Hampshire’s offensive coordinator when Cramsey broke into the college ranks as the Wildcats’ tight ends/fullbacks coach in 2003. They worked together for four seasons before Kelly left to become Oregon’s offensive coordinator. When Polian asked Kelly what he thought of Cramsey, he said: “Scoop him up. You’d be nuts if you didn’t.”

“We talked not a lot about the Xs and Os but about the personality, recruiting ability, how he was with the players,” Polian said. “Coach Kelly is a friend and he was kind enough to spend about half an hour with me over the phone and it helped. If you don’t know a guy personally, it’s very important to connect the dots in one step. If it takes three or four, it’s hard. You need somebody you trust and respect to stand on the table for the guy.”

Kelly did that for Cramsey, who eventually rose to the coordinator position at New Hampshire after Kelly left for Oregon. Kelly earned the reputation as an offensive guru with the Ducks and then with the NFL’s Eagles. Cramsey said there are a lot of similarities between his offense and Kelly’s system. Philosophically, there are aligned in many ways.

“A lot of the things I learned from him still make sense today,” Cramsey said. “You look at the offense we both run, they’re different, but the philosophies are the same of trying to tire out the defense, trying to confuse the defense, trying to force the defense to hesitate. That’s what it’s all about.”

Cramsey said he loves the personnel he inherited and it fits his system. He wants to build depth and plans on using three running backs, seven receivers, three tight ends and seven offensive linemen to fit his fast-paced style. That’s a change from previous seasons as Nevada stuck largely with the same 11, plus one more running back

Last edited:
The only hold up I can see that’s not $ related is the fear or hint of a Brian Flores situation

Advertisement
The only hold up I can see that’s not $ related is the fear or hint of a Brian Flores situation
College football is way different than nfl in at least perception of disparity which is why it’s not brought up even 1/10th as much as the NFL during normal HC carousel not to mention our staff doesn’t have that issue in the slightest

Flores was successful and being let go raised questions not to mention he was a HC. If he was an OC nobody would have batted any eye

Gattis is a severely underperforming college OC not to mention Kevin smith, rod wright, Charlie strong, addae, Alonzo, previously ed reed, previously Bryan McClendon, dvd and nearly our entire recruiting staff, etc are all employed so it would be funny for someone to bring up anything about Miami

College football is way different than nfl in at least perception of disparity, not to mention our staff doesn’t have that issue in the slightest

Flores was successful and being let go raised questions not to mention he was a HC. If he was an OC nobody would have batted any eye

Gattis is a severely underperforming college OC not to mention Kevin smith, rod wright, Charlie strong, addae, Alonzo, previously ed reed, previously Bryan McClendon, dvd and nearly our entire recruiting staff, etc are all employed so it would be funny for someone to bring up anything about Miami
True

Tim Cramsey was on FIU’s staff with Coach Cristobal in 2012 👀. Memphis’ current OC/QBC. Memphis finished #22 in scoring O this year, #21 passing O, and #75 in rushing O at 3.75 ypc (we were 3.71).

20230123_064405.gif

Advertisement
Nah Dak being a turnover machine isn’t new… last weeks Maher debacle was definitely a new one.

Dak just can’t stop staring down his WRs
My best friend is a Dal fan and I was just telling him “ what’s the deal with Dak? He looks amazing for 20-30 drop backs then suddenly goes full ****** two possessions and kills you”

Cramsey made $200k last year

If Mario wants to compete with the big dogs and this is the play at OC this might be the mail in the coffin for me

Advertisement

Did he win the Broyles Award, else no va

Advertisement
it seems like we got a lot of **** done last year contractually, both hiring and firing, without any AD at all. Acting like this is more complex than contracts at other schools is just another excuse made in defense of Mario
Head coaches dont structure or write contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back