Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s a mixture of helping coaches out that’s been successful elsewhere while not needlessly throwing money out the window buying them out? A real “ parting“. I personally don’t like how he did it but if he hires the right guy’s it was worth it.
That’s what I was thinking… the timeline sucks until it doesn’t.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s what I was thinking… the timeline sucks until it doesn’t.

How many of the coaches has he hired that have been home runs?

We are in the late innings praying for a home run to win it, from a guy who hits like Bucky Dent…

Hopefully Mike Torrez is on the hill…

Maybe it’s a mixture of helping coaches out that’s been successful elsewhere while not needlessly throwing money out the window buying them out? A real “ parting“. I personally don’t like how he did it but if he hires the right guy’s it was worth it.
Who are guys that you would like to see here or some people that you think are real possibilities?

true (well some had success, gattis was a product of training wheels put on him bc he kept falling down when he rode his bike on two wheels first). my only thing is that this is a guy that was all tough talk and then publicly perceived whimped out a bit when his own failures he hand picked on the staff weren't let go. anyways, like you said, if he hits on the hires in year 2 it would be worth it. the important thing isnt the firing but the new hires. I just dont want to hear the excuse of we didnt have enough Time to do installs if it looks rotten again next year bc thats his own doing.

Advertisement
He better have learned his lesson and let the OC have control of his room. At least some of the coaches.
imo, anyone and everyone is fair game to be shipped off if we want to be successful. idc if theyre Marios cousins. if the OC wants his own guys, so be it. help your boys land jobs elsewhere but you can't go half in with the OC esp if you want a land top tier OC and not ******* arroyo

Long term, it’s usually best to not burn bridges especially with as much turnover there is with coaches.
coaching is the one job where you get a new job after publicly failing. Manny got fired publicly after BYU rolled his *** at UT and still found his way to the p5 and got a HC gig (got TWO ACTUALLY LOL). gattis career won't be ruined. **** be fired again somewhere else. these are all millionaires who end up in the retread cycle of hiring.

an example is none other than Billy D - he reneged on the magic job to go back to UF. everyone thought he'd be done as an NBA coach in terms of getting another shot w how he handled it. he ended up w two other NBA HC jobs after that and is currently the bulls coach after getting fired from the Thunder.

coaches will always end up hiring retreads. its a very uncreative hiring process lol

Last edited:
How many of the coaches has he hired that have been home runs?

We are in the late innings praying for a home run to win it, from a guy who hits like Bucky Dent…

Hopefully Mike Torrez is on the hill…
Pitching Espn GIF by Looney Tunes

Advertisement
the only people saying Arroyo are the people who came in this thread every morning and said “he’s still here!” And then said “he’s not fired yet he never will be”. Those same people end their own posts with LOL
lol people are just having fun. not everything is serious. everyone saying arroyo bc its Mario and his cave man thinking lol. no one actually knows who it'll be. this has been a 2 month ordeal lol. let people have some fun and make fun of a clown show that ended up 5-7. lets hope the clown car turns into a Lambo next fall

Advertisement
the only people saying Arroyo are the people who came in this thread every morning and said “he’s still here!” And then said “he’s not fired yet he never will be”. Those same people end their own posts with LOL
They’ll move on to “show me on the field” next which is like hey, duh, but should we just shut down the board then?

lol people are just having fun. not everything is serious. everyone saying arroyo bc its Mario and his cave man thinking lol. no one actually knows who it'll be. this has been a 2 month ordeal lol. let people have some fun and make fun of a clown show that ended up 5-7. lets hope the clown car turns into a Lambo next fall

You laughed out loud 3 times writing that?

He better have learned his lesson and let the OC have control of his room. At least some of the coaches.
A troubling comment. Without hiring/firing authority over the offensive staff, the role is play caller, not OC. No one with quality alternatives takes that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back