Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You laughed out loud 3 times writing that?
si. i crack myself up at times. you got an issue? this entire thread is entertainment for me. its fun to just troll some of those that take all this crap too seriously. at the end of the day, the world will move on. well get a new OC, well prolly complain about him in the future, and then call for his head, and repeat. its the way the world works.

Advertisement
the only people saying Arroyo are the people who came in this thread every morning and said “he’s still here!” And then said “he’s not fired yet he never will be”. Those same people end their own posts with LOL
This entire thread is speculation. The only thing we know for certain is that Gattis is still the OC. It's correct to say "he's still here" because he's still here. That said, there are signs that he won't be here much longer. It's reasonable to speculate that he won't be retained. Similarly, there are reasons to speculate that Mario would want to team up with Arroyo again since he's available and they worked together in the past. Any name being thrown around is purely speculative.

A troubling comment. Without hiring/firing authority over the offensive staff, the role is play caller, not OC. No one with quality alternatives takes that job.
I posted months ago it never made sense hiring your staff before the OC. Most quality OC’s want some of their guys to implement their system and to coach it. The entire staff hiring process never made sense. Chemistry and being on the same page matters. We brought in a bunch of individuals and said ” make it work“ then people are shocked it failed miserably.

I posted months ago it never made sense hiring your staff before the OC. Most quality OC’s want some of their guys to implement their system and to coach it. The entire staff hiring process never made sense. Chemistry and being on the same page matters. We brought in a bunch of individuals and said ” make it work“ then people are shocked it failed miserably.
think the D staff gets a make over too? Ive been firm on that I think Steele is gone to off field and I think strong bounces bc a new DC will likely want his guys in there (pass on strong)

Advertisement
I don’t care who was right or wrong. I don’t care who the mopes or the slurped are. I just want the title to change to Gattis officially gone and then I just want to see the scroll that says Miami has hired Dan Mullen to run the offense. That’s all. But I will take thread title change for now. Just please, Please

please

please

Its not our money so easy to forget the 1.8 he is due. I hate the timeline but IF Mario wasn't going to have someone in place by now anyway, it only makes sense to try and allow Gattis to save face and find a landing spot. Fire him and pay almost two mill vs let him leave on his own and pay nothing.... Yeah I know we are not poor anymore but thats still a lot of money that can be used for a lot of things.

hes not good and w our budget we can do absolutely better. also, ill pass on anyone who runs Marios vision. this has to be a completely diff look and scheme.
Bud, that's not sufficient haha. It's that very vague sentiment that I'm questioning. Why does everyone think he stinks or he'd be such a bad hire? If there's been some explanation I've missed it. Again, just wondering. I don't know anything about the guy one way or the other.

Otherwise, I agree that a coordinator that challenges Mario and brings a different vision would do wonders. I like the idea of leaders with different ideas/philosophies working together and hopefully finding a common ground. I think the end product is usually better than someone who just wants "yes-men."

I don’t care who was right or wrong. I don’t care who the mopes or the slurped are. I just want the title to change to Gattis officially gone and then I just want to see the scroll that says Miami has hired Dan Mullen to run the offense. That’s all. But I will take thread title change for now. Just please, Please

please

please
apparently its a thing lol. some slurp Marios nuts, some hate his guts, and there is the in between where they realize he has faults and dont give a flying **** about where he came from or his story.

Advertisement
Bud, that's not sufficient haha. It's that very vague sentiment that I'm questioning. Why does everyone think he stinks or he'd be such a bad hire? If there's been some explanation I've missed it. Again, just wondering. I don't know anything about the guy one way or the other.

Otherwise, I agree that a coordinator that challenges Mario and brings a different vision would do wonders. I like the idea of leaders with different ideas/philosophies working together and hopefully finding a common ground. I think the end product is usually better than someone who just wants "yes-men."
I think his Oregon offenses left a lot to be desired personally, but that could be a Mario thing too. again, im looking forward to see what the new guy runs and if its a shift from Marios beliefs.

Yep - a completely counterintuitive approach - and it sucked.

I rag on Gattis - but deep down I believe Mario is going to turn the corner here on his staff.

For the first time since Schnellenberger came to UM - UM FINALLY is putting in some money and effort - for the first time - we can compete with player enhancement funding - and for the first time - the money is THERE to do what is necessary.

Mario has a chance no one else has had. He blows this - by hiring has-beens and never-was's - I don't see everything coming together again like this has.

We need a Come-To-Jesus moment over our staff - and not waste one single year farting around like we don't know what we really NEED here. This isn't Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, or Fartaround Tech. South Florida football should be the best of everything - Defense, Offense, Running, Throwing, Tackling, Speed, Quickness, unbelievable Athletes, and up-and-coming Superstars.

Mario cannot afford to swim downstream like so many others before him. Top recruits, top Coordinators, top Assistants, and top Coaching - that's what it takes.

A troubling comment. Without hiring/firing authority over the offensive staff, the role is play caller, not OC. No one with quality alternatives takes that job.
We better hope Alonzo is doing the offensive coach hiring because if it’s left up to Mario then ready for another year of an offensive ****fest.

Has anybody noticed the pattern of incoming OCs trending upward only to leave Mario’s house of horrors tainted for life

Advertisement
Show me where I changed my stance on Gattis

Look. Gattis getting the boot is the first step

Mario getting this thing back on track is many successful steps away

Hence my dark side comment. I no longer blindly believe
you certainly suggested it and i called you out for it. see below

This is very insightful and probably right on the mark. Chemistry on your staff is crucial and we didn't have it last year.

I still think we should have performed better than we did, but you make a really good point. I just hope the new OC has already to come on board and is currently (and quietly) [putting together his staff.

Advertisement
In fairness, Radakovich should be coaching up (or at least assisting) Mario in hiring staff.

If only you all listened to Cribby months ago. How many times does he need to prove his legit sources and deep connections into the program?
Sarcastic Romany Malco GIF by ABC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back