Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No explosive offense needed. We need to condense our formations even further until it looks like we’re a rugby team and then just out-tough our opponents with our trench bullies.

Why do you think we’ve started to integrate Australian and Samoan players????

Rugby focus

Mario will also change the uniforms to include the really short shorts

Advertisement
I recall that Dan Enos Dog used to post on here and give us the scoop. I wonder if Gattis has a dog?

Gattis dog right now, poor little guy:

Diana Prince Dog GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
One that scores points

Lofty goals.
We used to say there's no "I" in team. Now we have this.

Are "- = +" the new non-binary symbols for team?

No way man. Mario got rid of all that. No teams win with slogans and turnover swag. Imagine Georgia celebrating turnovers with something vs sitting down and getting back to work. It would never happen…

Just trying to find something positive within all this OC chaos. Zo was in the NFL for many years. If Mario is looking for a new OC, would Zo be involved? With Zo’s NFL connections, are there any NFL offensive minds that are still in the playoffs that Mario and Zo would/could target? For that matter, any that aren’t in the playoffs.

Advertisement
Just trying to find something positive within all this OC chaos. Zo was in the NFL for many years. If Mario is looking for a new OC, would Zo be involved? With Zo’s NFL connections, are there any NFL offensive minds that are still in the playoffs that Mario and Zo would/could target? For that matter, any that aren’t in the playoffs.
Definitely a possibility. At the very least I hope they grab a WR coach from the NFL. A guy who played WR in HS, college and the NFL. Somebody that recruits can look at as a genuine developmental guy who can TEACH them techniques to help get them into the league. Then a quality OC/ QB coach.

I’ve come to that realization

Mario’s reputation and track record as a HC is a turnoff to good coordinators

Mario vs Brian Flores…. Who could land a competent OC first
At this point, I'm gonna go with Flores. This Mario crap is most taxing.

Last edited:
Cristobal goes through some long elaborate interview process. Not sure why since he is not really an x and o guy. But he does, he said it last offseason. Didnt work out with Gattis so who knows. But at some point yall gonna have to accept it until he comes out and say we rocking with Josh or changes made.

Advertisement
My new prediction if anything doesn't happen by end of next week.

We end up with a QB coach/passing game coordinator like LSU did with Joe Brady in 2019. He props Gattis up for a year like they did at Michigan and then Gattis can move on next year after a more positive season and we already have our OC for when he leaves.

Ponce fits the bill perfectly so it could literally happen without changing the staff at all. Just behind closed doors that Ponce is given game planning/play calling duties and Gattis is asked to take a step back.

It's a win for all parties except for us, the fans. Gattis saves face and doesn't have to take a demotion. Ponce gets more influence/power and a chance to prove himself for the OC job he really wants. Mario doesn't have to look bad for ruining the career of a Broyles award winner in one year and he gets to keep his friend on staff. Mario is also stubborn and doesn't have to admit he was "wrong" for at least another year.

Also Mario/Gattis set the bar so low on offense that Ponce taking over would be a big enough improvement to point to "progress".

Ponce is an upgrade over Gattis. Not significantly but definitely enough to make improvements and major statistical progress over '22.

I hate it but if you're Mario and you can't get a significant obvious upgrade at OC over Gattis/Ponce, then he has to go with this plan. Unfortunately for us, it just makes too much sense.

we now have boosters publicly tweeting about the status of coaches.

Mario‘s patience has backfired.
Yea, he needs to ****, or get off the pot! Times a wasting. Anybody who's worth a **** is gonna be snapped up.

My new prediction if anything doesn't happen by end of next week.

We end up with a QB coach/passing game coordinator like LSU did with Joe Brady in 2019. He props Gattis up for a year like they did at Michigan and then Gattis can move on next year after a more positive season and we already have our OC for when he leaves.

Ponce fits the bill perfectly so it could literally happen without changing the staff at all. Just behind closed doors that Ponce is given game planning/play calling duties and Gattis is asked to take a step back.

It's a win for all parties except for us, the fans. Gattis saves face and doesn't have to take a demotion. Ponce gets more influence/power and a chance to prove himself for the OC job he really wants. Mario doesn't have to look bad for ruining the career of a Broyles award winner in one year and he gets to keep his friend on staff. Mario is also stubborn and doesn't have to admit he was "wrong" for at least another year.

Also Mario/Gattis set the bar so low on offense that Ponce taking over would be a big enough improvement to point to "progress".

Ponce is an upgrade over Gattis. Not significantly but definitely enough to make improvements and major statistical progress over '22.

I hate it but if you're Mario and you can't get a significant obvious upgrade at OC over Gattis/Ponce, then he has to go with this plan. Unfortunately for us, it just makes too much sense.
TV gif. Joe Minoso as Joe Cruz in Chicago Fire, seated, turns around with a WTF? look on his face.

Man, **** naw! The fans would turn on him faster than Tyreke Hill can sprint 40yds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back