Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
God I hate that ugly f****g trophy.

Advertisement
Maybe I’m being dramatic but … At this point, it’s more likely than not that Mario will fail here.

He’s indecisive and stubborn. He clings to failed processes (like his long *** hiring process) and schemes, even though there’s mounds of evidence that his hiring process and preferred offensive scheme barely work in CFB.

Those two traits are deadly for a CFB coach, and will probably be Mario’s downfall.

Maybe I’m being dramatic but … At this point, it’s more likely than not that Mario will fail here.

He’s indecisive and stubborn. He clings to failed processes (like his long *** hiring process) and schemes, even though there’s mounds of evidence that his hiring process and preferred offensive scheme barely work in CFB.

Those two traits are deadly for a CFB coach, and will probably be Mario’s downfall.
It would be funny as sh*t if a top OC came out and spoke against Mario's long interview process and just blasted it as sh*tty, a waste of time, and was what led to them not taking the job.

OC positions filled since the end of the season.

Alabama Birmingham Alex Mortensen
Auburn Philip Montgomery
Arizona State Beau Baldwin
Army Drew Thatcher
Boise State Bush Hadman
Cal Jake Spavital
Central Florida Darin Hanshaw
Cincy Tom Manning
Clemson Garret Riley
Coastal Carolina Travis Trickett
Colorado Sean Lewis
FAU Tom Herman HC/OC
GT Brent Key HC/OC
Kentucky Liam Cohen
Kent State Matt Johnson
Liberty Jeremy Chadwell HC/OC
Louisvile Jeff Brohm HC/OC
Miss St Kevin Barbay
Missouri Kirby Moore
Navy Grant Chestnut
Nebraska Marcus Satterfield
New Mexico Bryan Vincent
NC State Robert Anae
North Carolina Chip Lindsey
North Texas Eric Morris
Old Dominion Kevin Decker
Oregon Will Stein
Purdue Graham Harrell
Rutgers Kirk Ciarrocca
South Carolina Dowell Loggains
South Florida Alex Golesh HC/OC
Syracuse Jason Beck
Tennessee Joey Hazle
Texas A&M Bobby Petrino
Texas State Mack Leftwich
Tulsa Steve Spurrier Jr.
UNLV Brennan Marion
Western Michigan Billy Cosh
Wisconsin Phil Longo
Oregon got a great OC in like 10 minutes

Advertisement
Ruiz out here saying we will be pleased in response to a Kliff reference? He’s been dropping breadcrumbs in the last 12 hours.

Interesting for one reason and one reason only…
Ruiz has been getting those tweets thrown at him for over a month… but he’s just now starting to acknowledge them. Makes me think he has been informed.

Oregon got a great OC in like 10 minutes
Right. Cause Oregon’s coach is not an indecisive idiot who thinks hiring a coach is equivalent to meticulously solving a complex math problem.

It’s pretty ******* simple. Go look at some advanced stats. Put some film on. Do a little research to see if the OC was doing more with less. NOT. THAT. HARD.

Honestly we are cursed man..I have no faith in this program, everything we try brings some excitement before it fades very quickly..I honestly don’t even care..I love this city and the fans but we are so far from what we loved about this program

Almost anyone would be an upgreade over Gattis/Ponce, but i am curious to know who would you consider to be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, i.e. a "slam dunk" hire at OC from names still available? I can think maybe Kingsbury(not assuming/insinuating he'd actually come out here).
That's part of the problem..I think a slam dunk for fans and a slam dunk for Mario don't align. For fans a slam dunk would be like a Garret Riley or Kendall Briles.

But those aren't slam dunks for Mario.

At this point I have no idea what he's thinking/planning and I don't think any of us do really.

Gattis came out of left field last year after the Briles/Candle hype. Not sure what to expect now that's it's taken so long and after where we ended up this year.

I just know/feel like we're likely to be disappointed. And there are a variety of reasons to believe that but I don't need to rehash them here.

Advertisement
Ruiz out here saying we will be pleased in response to a Kliff reference? He’s been dropping breadcrumbs in the last 12 hours.

Interesting for one reason and one reason only…
Ruiz has been getting those tweets thrown at him for over a month… but he’s just now starting to acknowledge them. Makes me think he has been informed.
Honestly if all of this ends up with us landing Kliff Kingsbury as OC I would kinda forgive Mario for the delay.

Dammit i forgot to put this one in my timeline post of target dates the board will create.

Does this one go before or after valentines day? I forget when is the sulerbowl (even if the playoff coach is eliminated before, doesn't matter. Gotta wait until the sulerbowl is done). Its the only way.
The paper calendar on my roll top desk is getting much more attention then I thought it would.

That's part of the problem..I think a slam dunk for fans and a slam dunk for Mario don't align. For fans a slam dunk would be like a Garret Riley or Kendall Briles.

But those aren't slam dunks for Mario.

At this point I have no idea what he's thinking/planning and I don't think any of us do really.

Gattis came out of left field last year after the Briles/Candle hype. Not sure what to expect now that's it's taken so long and after where we ended up this year.

I just know/feel like we're likely to be disappointed. And there are a variety of reasons to believe that but I don't need to rehash them here.
Look at the bright side--it'll be an upgrade!

Honestly if all of this ends up with us landing Kliff Kingsbury as OC I would kinda forgive Mario for the delay.
Yeah but it probably won’t.

Also, waiting for a guy who can probably get another HC job is dumb. Totally stupid. There were tons of other OC candidates just as good as Kliff, but now they’re off the market. No need to put all the eggs in one basket.

Advertisement
idk.. the whole thing is super bizarre. I can see UM holding out just for a drop in buyout (if that even exist in this case). Even though they started spending, I could still see us doing something like that...

what doesn't make sense is Mario waiting until this week to do a b*tch out session about recruiting to his staff... that could of been done the day after ESD, and even notices of being retained or not, as well.. You don't need to fire them yet, if you are holding on for the buyout drop, but just say, hey, start looking for another job... kinda seems that happened with Gattis anyways with his MIA....

we hear and know Mario is a relentless worker, so I'm confused why he doesn't seem to handle multiple topics at the same time. idk.. we're on the outside, so it's all guessing

Advertisement
we now have boosters publicly tweeting about the status of coaches.

Mario‘s patience has backfired.
Ruiz tweeted about Gattis being gone in December. It was cryptic but pretty clear at the sametime. Lines up with CIS insiders been saying. Just stinks it hasnt happened yet.

C'mon @Cribby ... any news or hints you're getting? I know you're sticking to your guns that Gattis is or will be gone. Not asking if you've changed that stance. But surely you've heard SOMETHING about what in the world is going on behind closed doors right now?

TFWIW but I know the father of a top 20 2024 HS QB recruit who is committed elsewhere and he said he just received a call from Gatis and Ponce. not a good sign in my opinion.

This is idiotic on so many levels

Why would Mario want a lame duck coach that he’s pushing out in Gattis, getting to build a relationship with a recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back