Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually dont post and join the misery of this board.. But this has become the tipping point for my faith and hope in Mario and this program. I have a sliver of it left, but in a place where i need to join the misery of you all.

How many years have we all been fans, how many coaches and times of misery have we had the last 2 decades. We were all given a glimmer of hope when our "savior" was hired 13 months ago, with all the resources to be wildly successful. He was so prideful he had to a staff of people that he liked rather then trusting his coordiantors to bring in their own staff. Should have been red flag number one. Were all so excited hes here we never bat an eye and praise him for the staff, but in reality he spit in our faces.

Now that reality settled in and we see what those coaches produced... one of the worst seasons in our lifetimes, worst coach teams from every single level. Which rebuilds take time, sure. but here we are months after our season ended and not a single mother****ing change has been made, not a **** one. Dabo made changes, saban has adapted, oregon is running circles around us, FSU is kicking our *** on the trail and on the field. Mario, your **** does stink and you dont know a **** thing about champion football apparently. if you did you would adapt like saban, you would make championship moves like dabo.

I hope that i have to eat crow on this message and he takes a long *** look in the mirror and consults those around him on how to make this thing right. but we are on the fast track to losing this fanbase for good. WIth out us, he and this program isnt ****. Hardrock will forever be empty, those new facilities wont be funded and if they are it will be filled with a sorry *** team and staff.

Thanks for letting me vent my misery to you all.

Advertisement
My new prediction if anything doesn't happen by end of next week.

We end up with a QB coach/passing game coordinator like LSU did with Joe Brady in 2019. He props Gattis up for a year like they did at Michigan and then Gattis can move on next year after a more positive season and we already have our OC for when he leaves.

Ponce fits the bill perfectly so it could literally happen without changing the staff at all. Just behind closed doors that Ponce is given game planning/play calling duties and Gattis is asked to take a step back.

It's a win for all parties except for us, the fans. Gattis saves face and doesn't have to take a demotion. Ponce gets more influence/power and a chance to prove himself for the OC job he really wants. Mario doesn't have to look bad for ruining the career of a Broyles award winner in one year and he gets to keep his friend on staff. Mario is also stubborn and doesn't have to admit he was "wrong" for at least another year.

Also Mario/Gattis set the bar so low on offense that Ponce taking over would be a big enough improvement to point to "progress".

Ponce is an upgrade over Gattis. Not significantly but definitely enough to make improvements and major statistical progress over '22.

I hate it but if you're Mario and you can't get a significant obvious upgrade at OC over Gattis/Ponce, then he has to go with this plan. Unfortunately for us, it just makes too much sense.

I can’t agree with the premise that this be a “win” for all parties except the fans. The only ones who would win in this scenario are Gattis and Ponce for the sole reason that they’d get a chance to improve even slightly from last year’s abomination as opposed to being s***canned right here and now.

It would be a loss for the program, our current players, our chances in the portal, QB and WR recruits, and especially Mario who would lose the fan base in record time.

After every premier QB and WR recruit laughs in Mario’s face, we’d soon see a YouTube video of Gattis breaking down film of a 5’9” slot wideout from Delaware who runs a 5.3 40, saying, “The only thing he’s elite at is playing wide receiver.”

Yea, he needs to ****, or get off the pot! Times a wasting. Anybody who's worth a **** is gonna be snapped up.

Ken Dorsey Buffalo Bills GIF - Ken Dorsey Buffalo Bills ...

Advertisement
TV gif. Joe Minoso as Joe Cruz in Chicago Fire, seated, turns around with a WTF? look on his face.

Man, **** naw! The fans would turn on him faster than Tyreke Hill can sprint 40yds.
Agreed... But I don't think Mario is worried about what the fans think.

And if he brought in a mediocre OC like Arroyo, wouldn't the same thing happen anyways?

Obviously he's having a hard time with whatever is going on. If he had a slam dunk OC ready to be hired, it would be done already. Unless that guy is still coaching. But even then Gattis would be gone.

But obviously that hasn't happened.. So whatever ends up happening is not going to be a perfect fit.

I hate it. But just trying to be objective.

OC positions filled since the end of the season.

Alabama Birmingham Alex Mortensen
Auburn Philip Montgomery
Arizona State Beau Baldwin
Army Drew Thatcher
Boise State Bush Hadman
Cal Jake Spavital
Central Florida Darin Hanshaw
Cincy Tom Manning
Clemson Garret Riley
Coastal Carolina Travis Trickett
Colorado Sean Lewis
FAU Tom Herman HC/OC
GT Brent Key HC/OC
Kentucky Liam Cohen
Kent State Matt Johnson
Liberty Jeremy Chadwell HC/OC
Louisvile Jeff Brohm HC/OC
Miss St Kevin Barbay
Missouri Kirby Moore
Navy Grant Chestnut
Nebraska Marcus Satterfield
New Mexico Bryan Vincent
NC State Robert Anae
North Carolina Chip Lindsey
North Texas Eric Morris
Old Dominion Kevin Decker
Oregon Will Stein
Purdue Graham Harrell
Rutgers Kirk Ciarrocca
South Carolina Dowell Loggains
South Florida Alex Golesh HC/OC
Syracuse Jason Beck
Tennessee Joey Hazle
Texas A&M Bobby Petrino
Texas State Mack Leftwich
Tulsa Steve Spurrier Jr.
UNLV Brennan Marion
Western Michigan Billy Cosh
Wisconsin Phil Longo

I can’t agree with the premise that this be a “win” for all parties except the fans. The only ones who would win in this scenario are Gattis and Ponce for the sole reason that they’d get a chance to improve even slightly from last year’s abomination as opposed to being s***canned right here and now.

It would be a loss for the program, our current players, our chances in the portal, QB and WR recruits, and especially Mario who would lose the fan base in record time.

After every premier QB and WR recruit laughs in Mario’s face, we’d soon see a YouTube video of Gattis breaking down film of a 5’9” slot wideout from Delaware who runs a 5.3 40, saying, “The only thing he’s elite at is playing wide receiver.”

You're right.. Would be a loss for the players and Mario for sure. Unless the alternative options are worse.

My whole premise is based on Mario not being able to get a significant and obvious upgrade at OC over Ponce/Gattis.

Advertisement
OC positions filled since the end of the season.

Alabama Birmingham Alex Mortensen
Auburn Philip Montgomery
Arizona State Beau Baldwin
Army Drew Thatcher
Boise State Bush Hadman
Cal Jake Spavital
Central Florida Darin Hanshaw
Cincy Tom Manning
Clemson Garret Riley
Coastal Carolina Travis Trickett
Colorado Sean Lewis
FAU Tom Herman HC/OC
GT Brent Key HC/OC
Kentucky Liam Cohen
Kent State Matt Johnson
Liberty Jeremy Chadwell HC/OC
Louisvile Jeff Brohm HC/OC
Miss St Kevin Barbay
Missouri Kirby Moore
Navy Grant Chestnut
Nebraska Marcus Satterfield
New Mexico Bryan Vincent
NC State Robert Anae
North Carolina Chip Lindsey
North Texas Eric Morris
Old Dominion Kevin Decker
Oregon Will Stein
Purdue Graham Harrell
Rutgers Kirk Ciarrocca
South Carolina Dowell Loggains
South Florida Alex Golesh HC/OC
Syracuse Jason Beck
Tennessee Joey Hazle
Texas A&M Bobby Petrino
Texas State Mack Leftwich
Tulsa Steve Spurrier Jr.
UNLV Brennan Marion
Western Michigan Billy Cosh
Wisconsin Phil Longo

image.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just trying to find something positive within all this OC chaos. Zo was in the NFL for many years. If Mario is looking for a new OC, would Zo be involved? With Zo’s NFL connections, are there any NFL offensive minds that are still in the playoffs that Mario and Zo would/could target? For that matter, any that aren’t in the playoffs.
Dammit i forgot to put this one in my timeline post of target dates the board will create.

Does this one go before or after valentines day? I forget when is the sulerbowl (even if the playoff coach is eliminated before, doesn't matter. Gotta wait until the sulerbowl is done). Its the only way.

You're right.. Would be a loss for the players and Mario for sure. Unless the alternative options are worse.

My whole premise is based on Mario not being able to get a significant and obvious upgrade at OC over Ponce/Gattis.
Almost anyone would be an upgreade over Gattis/Ponce, but i am curious to know who would you consider to be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, i.e. a "slam dunk" hire at OC from names still available? I can think maybe Kingsbury(not assuming/insinuating he'd actually come out here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back