Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Dude, I trust you. Because I have to. And really want to.
Season 2 Carly GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
You're kidding.. smh..

I'm finally at the point where I'm concerned. It’s not about the timeline. That doesn't even surprise me at all. I'm concerned that Mario is going to get stuck with someone outside his top 3 again.
Last year I thought it was taking so long because he was being selective and over-thinking things. I have long-since realized that he probably doesn’t have a lot of OC options with top guys because they don’t or didn’t want his forced staff and they want the independence to run a system they feel they can succeed with which he doesn’t want. If he wants ground and pound, why would Kendall Briles or anyone like that agree? Saban changed. If Mario won’t change similarly then he’ll go the unsuccessful way of the other failed corches we’ve had here.

I’ll let you in on a secret, no legit OC wants to work with Mario
I don’t disagree with the sentiment. At least not an OC who is established and will run a reasonable spread type system. That’s why the thing with Gattis is so much on him. Mario wants to run ground n pound. His philosophical mindset is driving this. Unfortunately, Gattis doesn’t seem to even be good at that. My fear is that he’ll simply replace Gattis with someone like Dan Enos.

Agree!

Also know it won’t be Mullen because he’s been unemployed and available and he would be my choice as OC

Like you said, Mario had 1.5 month head start on Dabo and look how that’s turned out.

It’s flat out crazy. I sure hope it’s not some NFL guy in the playoffs. We will be waiting a long time especially if it would be the Eagles QB coach (which I don’t ever see that happening).

The frustrating wait continues.
I can assure you that no coach in the nfl ,that’s in the playoffs is coming to be Miami OC

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have to say that if Harbaugh leaves Michigan then there is going to be a huge amount of movement by multiple teams. They’re not going for some G5 coach. It’s going to be like a Lincoln Riley move. That would open up OC and DC not going with their head coach and also not staying because of a new one.

Advertisement
If Mario wants to run a more pro style offense, that’s fine with me. But at least build the roster for 4-5 seasons before shoving it down the throat of the players and fans. I’m tired of coaches trying to force systems that clearly don’t work here at Miami, it’s ******* ridiculous.

I have to say that if Harbaugh leaves Michigan then there is going to be a huge amount of movement by multiple teams. They’re not going for some G5 coach. It’s going to be like a Lincoln Riley move. That would open up OC and DC not going with their head coach and also not staying because of a new one.
Michigan will surely have the money and appeal to bring in an elite coach but I do feel like they've got a ton of recruiting hurdles to overcome. They finished 17th this year, 12th last year, and 13th in 2021. You'd expect a premier program that's been in the playoffs the last 2 years to finish with better classes. They lack NIL opportunities and seem pretty set in their ways.

Kinda reminds me of Notre Dame under BK. I could see them promoting Matt Weiss or Sherrone Moore to HC and seeing if they can keep the formula going while maybe bringing more personality to recruiting a la Marcus Freeman.

Last year I thought it was taking so long because he was being selective and over-thinking things. I have long-since realized that he probably doesn’t have a lot of OC options with top guys because they don’t or didn’t want his forced staff and they want the independence to run a system they feel they can succeed with which he doesn’t want. If he wants ground and pound, why would Kendall Briles or anyone like that agree? Saban changed. If Mario won’t change similarly then he’ll go the unsuccessful way of the other failed corches we’ve had here.

Only guy I would force a OC to keep is Mirabel. Other than that, I would hand the keys over to the OC and let them do what you hired them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back