Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is idiotic on so many levels

Why would Mario want a lame duck coach that he’s pushing out in Gattis, getting to build a relationship with a recruit
Because maybe he’s not getting fired? Is it such a stretch at this point to believe that?

You’ve come this far on your turn. It’s ok to entertain the idea that maybe he isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t mean you have to like or want it. But to to deny it’s a possibility is defies critical thinking.

Advertisement
idk.. the whole thing is super bizarre. I can see UM holding out just for a drop in buyout (if that even exist in this case). Even though they started spending, I could still see us doing something like that...

what doesn't make sense is Mario waiting until this week to do a b*tch out session about recruiting to his staff... that could of been done the day after ESD, and even notices of being retained or not, as well.. You don't need to fire them yet, if you are holding on for the buyout drop, but just say, hey, start looking for another job... kinda seems that happened with Gattis anyways with his MIA....

we hear and know Mario is a relentless worker, so I'm confused why he doesn't seem to handle multiple topics at the same time. idk.. we're on the outside, so it's all guessing

With the amount of money thrown around in NIL deals, who cares about a million + dollar buyout... another year of offensive blunders is what will set this program back 5 years

Because maybe he’s not getting fired? Is it such a stretch at this point to believe that?

You’ve come this far on your turn. It’s ok to entertain the idea that maybe he isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t mean you have to like or want it. But to to deny it’s a possibility is defies critical thinking.

Josh Gattis is not returning to Miami for the 2023 season….. there was been enough smoke from enough credible sources but believe what you want

Mario continues to make things hard on himself and his hiring practices a deterrent to top candidates

Josh Gattis is not returning to Miami for the 2023 season….. there was been enough smoke from enough credible sources but believe what you want

Mario continues to make things hard on himself and his hiring practices a deterrent to top candidates
the move would have to be made in the next day or so. otherwise it isn't happening. and I have very solid information he is making calls to recruits as of yesterday.

Advertisement
TFWIW but I know the father of a top 20 2024 HS QB recruit who is committed elsewhere and he said he just received a call from Gatis and Ponce. not a good sign in my opinion.
I just got off the phone with a 2024 guy and he told me that Gattis is gone. Mario told the recruit himself. But don't ask me to prove it.

the move would have to be made in the next day or so. otherwise it isn't happening. and I have very solid information he is making calls to recruits as of yesterday.
This is unfortunately where I’m leaning. There’s really no rational reason why he wouldn’t have been fired by now.

But when it comes to hiring coaches, Mario is highly irrational and illogical, so there’s still some hope.

It’s hilarious that I’m clinging to Mario’s lack of logic as a source of hope.

Advertisement
Don't mind me, just talking out loud here.

Cribby has alluded to the fact that a certain OC/WR Coach has essentially gone MIA on the recruiting trail. We've been told all along that if you work for Mario, you are going to recruit like your life depends on it. Time of the day is put aside specifically for coaches JUST to focus on recruiting. He emphasizes recruiting to all of his coaches and yet his OC isn't carrying his weight at all recruiting wise and he is just ok with it? Is he really that prideful and egotistical that he wouldn't make a change that is clearly desperately needed because he really thinks his scheme works?

Nothing about this makes sense. If he is being fired, there is no logical reason to have waited this long. Literally not a single reason that makes sense outside of maybe waiting for a buyout to drop. Even then, we are supposedly willing to pony up and spend the money needed like the big time guys so what's an extra couple million to make a change at an extremely important coaching spot in what is becoming an increasingly crucial time. Our in state rival just put together their best year in almost a decade, won their bowl game and are doing well enough on the trail to have some serious momentum going into next year. The top dogs of our conference just nabbed arguably the hottest OC commodity in CFB after a year in which they won 11 games again and put together another nice recruiting class. Meanwhile we had first year growing pains (obviously flipping the roster had to happen and will take some time) and fielded the worst offense I have ever seen at Miami, got humiliated at home to a C-USA team, went several games without scoring an offensive TD and looked like we were outcoached in just about every game.

Obviously Mario doesn't care what we as fans think (nor should he regarding his hiring and firing process) but how is it that he thinks that this is a good practice? He doesn't seem like a dumb human being, so I refuse to believe that he just doesn't know that keeping Gattis is effecting the teams recruiting and talent acquisition in a negative way. So what could possibly be the holdup?

I just got off the phone with a 2024 guy and he told me that Gattis is gone. Mario told the recruit himself. But don't ask me to prove it.
I am not playing games. If what you are saying is true fine I don’t die on the hill of stuff I’m told. But I am on this board for 10 years and grassy for another 10 and I don’t bring fake information to the board.

I am not playing games. If what you are saying is true fine I don’t die on the hill of stuff I’m told. But I am on this board for 10 years and grassy for another 10 and I don’t bring fake information to the board.
me neither. But don't ask me to prove it.

Not sure i believe the target but very optimistic.

Attachments

• 5AAABA0A-00F2-415B-846F-A29172887DAC.jpeg
    5AAABA0A-00F2-415B-846F-A29172887DAC.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 266
Advertisement
Ruiz tweeted about Gattis being gone in December. It was cryptic but pretty clear at the sametime. Lines up with CIS insiders been saying. Just stinks it hasnt happened yet.
Facts... which leads me to this statement. He (Mario) HAS to have somebody lined up to take the gig! I can't honestly believe that doesn't know who his next OC is gonna be. He can't be dumb enough to let this go this far without having a couple of names, NOT named Ponce, already lined up. **** near all of the top names out there have been snapped up, or they're talking to other schools right now. I don't believe that a coach with his experience, could be this negligent. Not having any names, or a backroom handshake at this point.... waiting on GattASS to find employment, is bordering on career suicide.

Advertisement
At this point.. any recruit is going to have to believe that Gattis is the OC because… Gattis still the OC. Just wishing for something doesn’t make it happen. He is at Miami until he isn’t. Not to difficult to piece together

I knew nothing of Arroyo until recently. So, I don’t know much about him other than the old offensive rankings.

I don't either, but you know how this board goes a lot of times. Someone says something and it becomes CIS fact. Rather than look up or research something on their own, they'll go with the gaggle of sheep bleeting out whatever fallacy exists in their minds. Group think is strong here and dissenting opinions are often frowned upon at best.

Don't mind me, just talking out loud here.

Cribby has alluded to the fact that a certain OC/WR Coach has essentially gone MIA on the recruiting trail. We've been told all along that if you work for Mario, you are going to recruit like your life depends on it. Time of the day is put aside specifically for coaches JUST to focus on recruiting. He emphasizes recruiting to all of his coaches and yet his OC isn't carrying his weight at all recruiting wise and he is just ok with it? Is he really that prideful and egotistical that he wouldn't make a change that is clearly desperately needed because he really thinks his scheme works?

Nothing about this makes sense. If he is being fired, there is no logical reason to have waited this long. Literally not a single reason that makes sense outside of maybe waiting for a buyout to drop. Even then, we are supposedly willing to pony up and spend the money needed like the big time guys so what's an extra couple million to make a change at an extremely important coaching spot in what is becoming an increasingly crucial time. Our in state rival just put together their best year in almost a decade, won their bowl game and are doing well enough on the trail to have some serious momentum going into next year. The top dogs of our conference just nabbed arguably the hottest OC commodity in CFB after a year in which they won 11 games again and put together another nice recruiting class. Meanwhile we had first year growing pains (obviously flipping the roster had to happen and will take some time) and fielded the worst offense I have ever seen at Miami, got humiliated at home to a C-USA team, went several games without scoring an offensive TD and looked like we were outcoached in just about every game.

Obviously Mario doesn't care what we as fans think (nor should he regarding his hiring and firing process) but how is it that he thinks that this is a good practice? He doesn't seem like a dumb human being, so I refuse to believe that he just doesn't know that keeping Gattis is effecting the teams recruiting and talent acquisition in a negative way. So what could possibly be the holdup?
The holdup could be that nobody he wants to hire wants to work for him.

Speculation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back