Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind me, just talking out loud here.

Cribby has alluded to the fact that a certain OC/WR Coach has essentially gone MIA on the recruiting trail. We've been told all along that if you work for Mario, you are going to recruit like your life depends on it. Time of the day is put aside specifically for coaches JUST to focus on recruiting. He emphasizes recruiting to all of his coaches and yet his OC isn't carrying his weight at all recruiting wise and he is just ok with it? Is he really that prideful and egotistical that he wouldn't make a change that is clearly desperately needed because he really thinks his scheme works?

Nothing about this makes sense. If he is being fired, there is no logical reason to have waited this long. Literally not a single reason that makes sense outside of maybe waiting for a buyout to drop. Even then, we are supposedly willing to pony up and spend the money needed like the big time guys so what's an extra couple million to make a change at an extremely important coaching spot in what is becoming an increasingly crucial time. Our in state rival just put together their best year in almost a decade, won their bowl game and are doing well enough on the trail to have some serious momentum going into next year. The top dogs of our conference just nabbed arguably the hottest OC commodity in CFB after a year in which they won 11 games again and put together another nice recruiting class. Meanwhile we had first year growing pains (obviously flipping the roster had to happen and will take some time) and fielded the worst offense I have ever seen at Miami, got humiliated at home to a C-USA team, went several games without scoring an offensive TD and looked like we were outcoached in just about every game.

Obviously Mario doesn't care what we as fans think (nor should he regarding his hiring and firing process) but how is it that he thinks that this is a good practice? He doesn't seem like a dumb human being, so I refuse to believe that he just doesn't know that keeping Gattis is effecting the teams recruiting and talent acquisition in a negative way. So what could possibly be the holdup?
Mario doesn't really need to announce a firing. I mean, yes, we're all craving blood, and want the news for our satisfaction, but it is entirely plausible that Mario has spent the last several weeks or months quietly looking for a replacement while also having conveyed to Gattis that he ought to be looking for another gig.

Advertisement
Because maybe he’s not getting fired? Is it such a stretch at this point to believe that?

You’ve come this far on your turn. It’s ok to entertain the idea that maybe he isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t mean you have to like or want it. But to to deny it’s a possibility is defies critical thinking.
Yes IT IS a stretch at this point to believe that Gattis is returning to UM as OC. Makes NO sense that UM would be investing literally hundreds of millions of dollars in the football program in new facilities, dorms, budget for elite staff, and would retain the worst OC that UM has had in it's history. The man has been described as "toxic" in personal relations with staffers, recruits and players, in addition to being inept in the fundamental duties required of a competent OC. So yes ... it is a stretch to even consider that he is being retained.

Mario doesn't really need to announce a firing. I mean, yes, we're all craving blood, and want the news for our satisfaction, but it is entirely plausible that Mario has spent the last several weeks or months quietly looking for a replacement while also having conveyed to Gattis that he ought to be looking for another gig.
I'm certain Gattis was told to find another job. He hasn't.
I'm also certain Mario has looked at other OCs. He hasn't hired one yet.

Is is plausible that things have just not worked out the way Mario wanted and not some "Mario is just playing things really slow and super secretly" scenario?

Advertisement
Yes IT IS a stretch at this point to believe that Gattis is returning to UM as OC. Makes NO sense that UM would be investing literally hundreds of millions of dollars in the football program in new facilities, dorms, budget for elite staff, and would retain the worst OC that UM has had in it's history. The man has been described as "toxic" in personal relations with staffers, recruits and players, in addition to being inept in the fundamental duties required of a competent OC. So yes ... it is a stretch to even consider that he is being retained.

It is Miami u are talking about... have you followed our staffing blunders over the past 2 decades ..

Advertisement
I think we all agree it’s annoying and frustrating that Mario moves at this pace. Just because one guy signed with another school who we probably wouldn’t hire anyway because he doesn’t run a system that Mario wants causes everyone to panic.

We have known from day 1 Mario is methodical in his approach - even people at Oregon said this and they were frustrated by it. He didn’t finish his staff until right before spring ball last year. Obviously it didn’t work out but it’s worked out with other hires of his so he’s not just gonna all of a sudden change his approach.

Several people who we all follow closely and have been spot on with everything say Gattis is gone. So whether Mario fires him, whether he leaves to the NFL or another college job, etc - at the end of the day if he’s gone by the time spring ball rolls around who cares. Sure we missed on a few portal WR, but where any of them truly game changers?

All I’m saying is every credible insider has said he’s gone. TVD came back and there’s no way he does for the same **** offense. Gattis hasn’t been out recruiting really. Rumors around players and other coaches not liking or meshing with him. Mario and Mirabal having to take an active role in game planning…. I mean the tea leaves are all there - so we just gotta take a Xanax and chill. If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I mean everyone throwing a **** fit is not gonna change anything. Dude just locked up the number 3 class. Have a ****tail and let the guy work.

Gattis

1C998CE1-A344-4AF4-9283-B6D85F7D501A.gif

I'm hoping that is the case. But even still, what benefit to not having it publicly out there does it provide? There are kids who likely aren't even thinking about us because the name Josh Gattis is still associated with us. You fire him and who knows, maybe a couple of kids might become interested. Even more so once we actually hired the replacement. IDK, I'm not a coach so it's not my choice, but it seems the benefits to letting him go SIGNIFICANTLY outweigh the benefits of having him on staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm certain Gattis was told to find another job. He hasn't.
I'm also certain Mario has looked at other OCs. He hasn't hired one yet.

Is is plausible that things have just not worked out the way Mario wanted and not some "Mario is just playing things really slow and super secretly" scenario?
Out of all the conspiracy theories, I could be convinced of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back