Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
um, on NW 36th street there are warehouse before you hit miami springs. just sayin'

Interestingly, Miami Springs is in the process of annexing that entire warehousing district.

@MedleyCane - Are you hip to this?

annexation-proposal-1024x602.png

Advertisement
Scoring and 3rd efficiency are the two biggest benchmarks in my mind to judge an offense or Coordinator by

Over the past 5 years, if you wanna be top 25 in scoring you’ve gotta be at or above 34ppg

I agree with you, yardage stats aren’t super meaningful
All I’ll say is that 3rd down efficiency enables you to stay on the field to get more yardage and increase the likelihood of scoring. You need yds to get first downs so you can get more yds to get more first downs, so they’re connected unless you’re breaking huge plays for scores

Advertisement

People will get all worked up about this article because Barry Jackson wrote it, but it seems to make sense of the situation and doesn’t really provide any new info.

- Mario hasn’t fired Gattis because Gattis’ buyout is high and he’s giving Gattis time to find a new gig.

- What happens if Gattis can’t land a new job? This is where I sort of disagree with the article. I doubt Gattis is coming back in some demoted role. He hasn’t been on campus in weeks and isn’t recruiting. If there was a chance he’d come back in a demoted role (just WR coach), he’d still be on campus and recruiting. He’s probably gone.

- This article is good news. It confirms that Gattis will not be our OC next year. At best, he’s not on our 2023 staff. At worst, he’s a WR coach with no play calling duties. Both are much better outcomes than the status quo.

First of all, I don't believe any of this.

Although, the idea of Gattis being so stubborn that he'd take a demotion and destroy his career to prove his point is hilarious to me.

Advertisement
Fuq Barry for parroting Canesport

The only accurate statement is that UM told Gattis he was no longer needed at Miami
Barry is a huge tool but hard to be too surprised since the guy still references Rivals rankings in his articles

Advertisement
Advertisement
People will get all worked up about this article because Barry Jackson wrote it, but it seems to make sense of the situation and doesn’t really provide any new info.

- Mario hasn’t fired Gattis because Gattis’ buyout is high and he’s giving Gattis time to find a new gig.

- What happens if Gattis can’t land a new job? This is where I sort of disagree with the article. I doubt Gattis is coming back in some demoted role. He hasn’t been on campus in weeks and isn’t recruiting. If there was a chance he’d come back in a demoted role (just WR coach), he’d still be on campus and recruiting. He’s probably gone.

- This article is good news. It confirms that Gattis will not be our OC next year. At best, he’s not on our 2023 staff. At worst, he’s a WR coach with no play calling duties. Both are much better outcomes than the status quo.
let me guess. he had a source that named every possible scenario?

You don’t fire someone and then have buyout negotiations 😂 😂 😂
That's not what I said. An announcement could have been made a long, long time ago and whatever negotiations need to take place can take place. Besides, while I've never actually seen these types of provisions, I assume the contract provides some calculation or formula as to how to negotiate what may be owed, and how to reduce that amount with whatever the coach earns at the next gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back