Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping that Mario revamps the offensive room.

And brings in more CFB QBs as grad assistants. If Miami is gonna get back to the top they gotta build depth within the coaching staff too. That’s when we know we’re back, when guys on staff advance and get poached by other schools

Ryan Williams is making a name for himself at Georgia

who said what about Ryan Williams. Guess who is back home in Miami?

Advertisement
Hilarious. I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I asked what he was referring to because it made the comparison difficult to analyze and discuss. I mistakenly thought Herbert had a redshirt year and I went back and fixed it as soon as I realized it.

As for the rest of your nonsense, it doesn't even matter. You are whining about a percentage of passing plays being screens, when "short-passing" has become a big trend in both college and the NFL. Great DLs, QB injuries, and shifty WRs have shifted the passing game more in the direction of short passes rather than downfield throws.

View attachment 226290

Herbert got injured while playing under Taggart's system. And let's not act as if Herbert had great WRs, from the 2014 season until now, Oregon has had exactly ONE wide receiver drafted, a 7th rounder (Dillon Mitchell in 2019).

Arroyo's offense may have involved shorter routes, but Herbert didn't miss any games and was the #6 overall pick with immediate "rookie of the year" success in the NFL. So maybe Arroyo's approach prepared Herbert for the NFL, while at the SAME TIME winning more games. What's the problem?

Points were scored.
Games were won.
Guys got drafted high.

Win win win.
Does big time wrs want to play in that style of offense?

Advertisement
Does big time wrs want to play in that style of offense?

I mean...that's a very fair question. Might be hard to be certain with Mario, as his FIU/Oregon tenure never involved an OC going past 2 years with him as the head coach.

Blue-chip WRs signed (no 5-stars):

2018 - 4-star Jalen Hall
2018 - 4-star Isaah Crocker
2019 - 4-star Mycah Pittman (transferred to F$U)
2019 - 4-star Lance Wilhoite
2019 - 4-star Josh Delgado
2020 - 4-star Kris Hutson (#2 Oregon WR in 2022, #2 Oregon WR in 2021)
2021 - 4-star Troy Franklin (#1 Oregon WR in 2022, #4 Oregon WR in 2021)
2021 - 4-star Dont'e Thornton (transferred to Tennessee)
2021 - 4-star Isaiah Brevard

So, except for 2020, it looks like they got multiple blue-chippers every year. Now, whether they DEVELOPED those guys is a separate issue, but they appeared to be able to sign talented guys each year.

The question that has to be asked.

Why did Mario hire him?
Because Mario was like a kid in a candy store... looking for one with the hype
That's the thing about the UM football program. It seems to be the purest filter for the marketplace. Look at the list of coaching hires/fires since Donna came in to destroy the program. Each one ended up with the same fate as Gattis is likely to face; A true outing of their limitations.

Coker - Won a title on autopilot. Ultimately the marketplace determined that his best role is a caretaker role in a lower level program. He had success in starting the UT San Antonio program from ground up.

Randy - Never again did he get a head coaching offer. D Coordinator was his ceiling, his time at UM proved that out.

Golden - Had no bidnizz being a head football coach. He was a fraud and the marketplace forced him all the back down to a minor position coaching role with the hapless Detroit Lions. It was his affiliation with pedophiles that finally got him a Coordinator gig at Notre Dame.

Dorito - Had to sit out and coach youth football before temporarily fooling the marketplace for a brief stint at University of Houston. Now back to being a position coach.

Gattis - I fully expect him to have to go back to position coaching for a few years before he'll be considered for a coordinator role again. And as a side note, he may need to find Jesus before the marketplace accepts him at all. We really arent seeing his name associated with any openings (aside from a couple tweets regarding the Ped State WR coach role).
We could fill up a trophy room with all the frauds that UM administration has hired in the 3 major sports over the last 3 decades...

Last edited:
I said it because I 100% know he’s done. He’s been done. It’s dragging out for a reason and you‘ll know why eventually.
samuel l jackson shit negro thats all you had to say GIF

Advertisement
So has there been ANY buzz about a Ponce staff replacement (other than Cooney/DVD for recruiting) or is this all on hold til the Gattis situation is settled?

Advertisement
Barry Jackson FWIW a bunch of nothing

Resolving offensive coordinator Josh Gattis’ status and who will be calling plays. Two officials in the athletic department at UM said there’s such mystery about Gattis’ situation that even they don’t know if he will remain on staff.

According to Canesport, Gattis is actively searching for another job. Two people conveyed that it’s their understanding that Gattis has been encouraged to do so but hasn’t been fired. A bunch of players visited UM last weekend, and a coach of one of those players said he saw all the assistants except Gattis.

If UM fires Gattis, there would be a big buyout that the Canes seemingly would like to avoid. If he’s demoted - a possibility raised by Canesport - UM could use the position vacated by quarterback Frank Ponce’s move to Appalachian State to hire a play-caller.

Who Cristobal would turn to in such a scenario is unclear. Scott Frost, the former Nebraska coach, would be appealing, but he recently bought a home in the Phoenix area and there’s no indication he’s looking to take an assistant’s job.

If Cristobal cannot find an available outside play-caller he likes - and if Gattis doesn’t find another job to his liking - he could be back in the same role. But this needs to be figured out before spring practice begins in March.

Advertisement
View attachment 226289
I find it hilarious how you say something unequivocally without any room for interpretation, then i merely mention that yds are highly correlated with pts, and you spend 4 paragraphs trying to explain that you didn’t actually say that, even after you supposedly said it a “million” times…
Dude moves goalposts every post but claims others are the one doing it.

Its spectacular to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back