Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If Cristobal cannot find an available outside play-caller he likes - and if Gattis doesn’t find another job to his liking - he could be back in the same role

back down whatever GIF

Advertisement
Scoring and 3rd efficiency are the two biggest benchmarks in my mind to judge an offense or Coordinator by

Over the past 5 years, if you wanna be top 25 in scoring you’ve gotta be at or above 34ppg

I agree with you, yardage stats aren’t super meaningful
Yardage stats are meaningful when looking at redzone efficiency. Good indicator if your offense ***** the bed when it has less space to operate in.

Points per minute of time of possession. Heard this stat on an NFL broadcast. I think it was a Bucs game with Brady. The team goal was a point per minute. Assume TOS of 30m+, the team is hitting 30+ ppg. This wins a lot of games.

A higher PPM shows the offense is generating explosive chunk plays and/or benefiting from good-great field position.

I’m sure there’s more to it, and thought it interesting.

Advertisement
Interesting to see that you're completely backwards on directions as well as your football takes.... :happy:

Miami Springs, Fooo!
um, on NW 36th street there are warehouse before you hit miami springs. just sayin'

Advertisement
Those rankings still give you a great idea how good or bad you are. Sample size is too big. If you’re averaging 40+ a game, I think it’s safe to say you’re pretty good on Offense. Stop.

It can to a degree.
Turnover luck probably evens out over the course of three seasons.

I don’t think field position necessarily does.

And strength of schedule for sure wouldn’t necessarily balance out.

Right, NOW you want to do a deep-dive...you didn't give a **** when you were posting the "less favorable" rankings.

You know, if our secondary had a few more conversations, we wouldn't have lost to MTSU.

Over a 14 game schedule, "turnover" and "field position" don't matter. If your "points scored" ranking is higher than your "yardage" ranking, good for you. And bad for the teams that racked up all that yardage and couldn't score as much.

Last season, I would have liked Miami to score more points. "Hey, guess what kids, Miami had 392 total yards to Texas A&M's 264 total yards!"

I always post F+ rankings ever since S&P+ went paywall.

And everything you’re positing is wrong. Turnover luck matters over 14 games. As does field position.

There’s a reason why every year Phil Steele’s preview magazine has an entire page dedicated to +/- turnovers for the previous season. Because people that gamble use it to fade the public all the time. Including win totals for the next season.

Someone from S Florida is back in S Flrorida and your first thought is Mario f’d up?
I was responding to the take someone on the board brought up about bringing Ryan Williams from Georgia to be our Qb coach. We still dont have an OC, and by a rabbit foots chance, R Will got the QB job without having an OC in place. Well, MC did not learn 💩 from how he assembled this staff to begin with.

Sometimes you gotta read between the lines buddy. Wash the spinach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just FYI. I've seen a couple posts contemplating/speculating about Ryan Williams as a QB coach. He is the assistant WR coach at UGA. If you want to speculate he might be on the staff--which sounds very iffy--he could be a WR coach and the OC both playcaller and QB coach.

So first you quoted it, now you sreenshotted it?

You're special.

And I didn't deny I said it, I had a problem with your characterization. Like I said, the yardage stat exists. And there IS a rough correlation. But points is the only stat that matters.

Unless we are going to get a retroactive win against Texas A&M for out-yardaging them.

Hey, we actually went 7-5 last year "by total offense". And the Duke game was MUCH closer...
sure, it’s so easy to mischaracterize what you said…its not which Is why I used a screenshot instead of just quoting a word or phrase like I did previously. And no one but you is conflating offense and wins, most likely because they realize defense, turnovers and ST also play a huge role in wins vs losses

Last edited:
Just FYI. I've seen a couple posts contemplating/speculating about Ryan Williams as a QB coach. He is the assistant WR coach at UGA. If you want to speculate he might be on the staff--which sounds very iffy--he could be a WR coach and the OC both playcaller and QB coach.
i'm the one who posted that he was back in town, but did not suggest that he was taking any position on the team, nor did you suggest that i suggested anything of the sort, in case anyone is suggesting anything

azucar

Barry Jackson FWIW a bunch of nothing

Resolving offensive coordinator Josh Gattis’ status and who will be calling plays. Two officials in the athletic department at UM said there’s such mystery about Gattis’ situation that even they don’t know if he will remain on staff.

According to Canesport, Gattis is actively searching for another job. Two people conveyed that it’s their understanding that Gattis has been encouraged to do so but hasn’t been fired. A bunch of players visited UM last weekend, and a coach of one of those players said he saw all the assistants except Gattis.

If UM fires Gattis, there would be a big buyout that the Canes seemingly would like to avoid. If he’s demoted - a possibility raised by Canesport - UM could use the position vacated by quarterback Frank Ponce’s move to Appalachian State to hire a play-caller.

Who Cristobal would turn to in such a scenario is unclear. Scott Frost, the former Nebraska coach, would be appealing, but he recently bought a home in the Phoenix area and there’s no indication he’s looking to take an assistant’s job.

If Cristobal cannot find an available outside play-caller he likes - and if Gattis doesn’t find another job to his liking - he could be back in the same role. But this needs to be figured out before spring practice begins in March.
lol at the “big buyout”. Don’t know what is true but it confirms that this is a complete cluster****. we Always were good at stepping over hundreds to pick up nickels…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back