Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Go on...
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Agree! And, although this will get me some heat on CIS, I will always believe that he should've been hired instead of Richt and then instead of Manny. But, especially Richt. I'll never forget it. I was in the ATL airport catching a connecting flight from a biz trip when I saw that we had hired Richt, and my immediate thought was, "This guy got fired at UGA where they have all of the money and HS talent in the world and are THE school in the state. How will he do better at a more difficult and competitive environment?". It should've been Butch and history has vindicated that feeling.

This time around for me it was #1 Kiffin and #2 Mario. In that order. I still haven't given up on Mario even if he brings Gatis back. However, that is not a permanent situation. If Mario doesn't win 9 games this coming year (and the 9th win could come with a bowl win), as a result of keeping Gatis, then more than likely, the death spiral will have begun, which will almost certainly end with us grabbing another coach after Mario's 3rd year (assuming he is under 9 wins).

And, not to put it all on Ruiz, but dude, this is what you wanted when many of us wanted Kiffin. You better talk to your boy before he blows the chance of a lifetime and basically Al Golden's his career.
I like Mario, I know he Loves UM...but he wasn't my 1st choice...more like 3rd. But some of his decision making, and some of his Non- decision making is truly head scratching. I'm more than Happy to give him some time. But there's things he needs to change Pronto. It's okay to swallow your pride, and change the course. We all do at points in our lives.

Enos was fired the day after the last game.

Gattis...it has been over 2 weeks.

It matters. You're in denial.
Meh, different circumstances.

Mario is way more preoccupied with finishing strong with what is the most important recruiting class we’ve had in years. You know how he rolls. Staff changes will probably wait til after ESD at this point. Wish it was sooner obviously, but here we are.

We played after ESD back in 2019, and there were plenty of reports suggesting Manny might retain Enos shortly before word leaked about 90 min prior to kickoff.

Advertisement
With superior talent any decent OC coach can call plays but very few can call the correct plays with average talent. We need a OC that can calls plays we the talent he has available at game time. Gattis is not the guy.

Meh, different circumstances.

Mario is way more preoccupied with finishing strong with what is the most important recruiting class we’ve had in years. You know how he rolls. Staff changes will probably wait til after ESD at this point. Wish it was sooner obviously, but here we are.

We played after ESD back in 2019, and there were plenty of reports suggesting Manny might retain Enos shortly before word leaked about 90 min prior to kickoff.

💯 Not sure when people around here are going to accept that Mario's third leg swings to a different beat.

I like Mario, I know he Loves UM...but he wasn't my 1st choice...more like 3rd. But some of his decision making, and some of his Non- decision making is truly head scratching. I'm more than Happy to give him some time. But there's things he needs to change Pronto. It's okay to swallow your pride, and change the course. We all do at points in our lives.
Agreed. I’m just gonna not even comment about the Kiffin stuff again. People have their agendas with him and can’t be pushed off no matter the red flags.

Mario is limited and needs to make great hires at the coordinator spots. Misses happen and it was a whirlwind when he got here so I’m not necessarily villifiying him for missing on his first two big hires

But you gotta fix it fast. The worst thing you can do when you make a bad decision is double down on it

Advertisement
Agreed. I’m just gonna not even comment about the Kiffin stuff again. People have their agendas with him and can’t be pushed off no matter the red flags.

Mario is limited and needs to make great hires at the coordinator spots. Misses happen and it was a whirlwind when he got here so I’m not necessarily villifiying him for missing on his first two big hires

But you gotta fix it fast. The worst thing you can do when you make a bad decision is double down on it
100% spot on.

The only person that I can think of in recent memory that doubled down on their approach and it worked: Kirby Smart.

People forget UGA fans wanted him fired early on.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back