Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Howard and JJ won rings here and afaik didn't say they weren't leaving right before leaving, that's why they aren't vilified like Butch is

Advertisement
Of course. Just a tongue in cheek response

What he did in Cleveland is arguably more impressive than what he did here. Took that trash *** organization to the fkn playoffs
When he walked into Watsco Center last month....People (including our own coaches) ran up to him like a magnet. He speaks to Mario..they've been close for yrs.

When he walked into Watsco Center last month....People (including our own coaches) ran up to him like a magnet. He speaks to Mario..they've been close for yrs.
I would like to see him back here in some capacity, analyst/consultant something along those lines if he’s interested

Nothing too time demanding of course but no reason to not tap into that guys knowledge

Advertisement
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Howard and JJ won rings here and afaik didn't say they weren't leaving right before leaving, that's why they aren't vilified like Butch is
BS....Butch's people thought they had a deal done in the 11th hour...then Dee started with the 90% buyout BS....and not doing sh*t about upgrades...or Asst Coaches salaries. Butch don't owe UM a F-ing thing. Nobody in America wanted the job but him. He ended up building the Greatest team ever under insurmountable odds. The administration NEVER thought he'd accomplish that.

I would like to see him back here in some capacity, analyst/consultant something along those lines if he’s interested

Nothing too time demanding of course but no reason to not tap into that guys knowledge
I agree...I do know that he talks to Mario...how much, I'm really not sure. Butch likes him....hence, giving him his start in 98 as a GA....No animosity on Butch's part.

Leaving abruptly isn't the same as denying interest. Howard was always pretty up front about talking to other teams I thought.
There were things Howard wanted from the administration just like Butch. He left for the Miami franchise but that fell through and went to Orlando. Howard did not coach in 84.

Advertisement
Mario gonna find himself gone well before that 10 year contract ends if he ain’t careful.

If we suck again next year, and offense is bad then he will definitely make a change at that point.

If he f*cks over year 3 and 4 after staff changes then he gone.

BS....Butch's people thought they had a deal done in the 11th hour...then Dee started with the 90% buyout BS....and not doing sh*t about upgrades...or Asst Coaches salaries. Butch don't owe UM a F-ing thing. Nobody in America wanted the job but him. He ended up building the Greatest team ever under insurmountable odds. The administration NEVER thought he'd accomplish that.
Agree! And, although this will get me some heat on CIS, I will always believe that he should've been hired instead of Richt and then instead of Manny. But, especially Richt. I'll never forget it. I was in the ATL airport catching a connecting flight from a biz trip when I saw that we had hired Richt, and my immediate thought was, "This guy got fired at UGA where they have all of the money and HS talent in the world and are THE school in the state. How will he do better at a more difficult and competitive environment?". It should've been Butch and history has vindicated that feeling.

This time around for me it was #1 Kiffin and #2 Mario. In that order. I still haven't given up on Mario even if he brings Gatis back. However, that is not a permanent situation. If Mario doesn't win 9 games this coming year (and the 9th win could come with a bowl win), as a result of keeping Gatis, then more than likely, the death spiral will have begun, which will almost certainly end with us grabbing another coach after Mario's 3rd year (assuming he is under 9 wins).

And, not to put it all on Ruiz, but dude, this is what you wanted when many of us wanted Kiffin. You better talk to your boy before he blows the chance of a lifetime and basically Al Golden's his career.

Butch put more AAs, and 1st rounders into the NFL than Howard, JJ and Erickson combined...and more HOFers into Canton as well. Should have been given the Keys to Coral Gables after 2000...what's done is done.

Advertisement
Agree! And, although this will get me some heat on CIS, I will always believe that he should've been hired instead of Richt and then instead of Manny. But, especially Richt. I'll never forget it. I was in the ATL airport catching a connecting flight from a biz trip when I saw that we had hired Richt. It should've been Butch and history has vindicated that feeling.

This time around for me it was #1 Kiffin and #2 Mario. In that order. I still haven't given up on Mario even if he brings Gatis back. However, that is not a permanent situation. If Mario doesn't win 9 games this coming year (and the 9th win could with a bowl win), as a result of keeping Gatis, then more than likely, the death spiral would begin which will almost certainly end with us grabbing another coach after Mario's 3rd year (assuming he is under 9 wins).

And, not to put it all on Ruiz, but dude, this is what you wanted when many of us wanted Kiffin. You better talk to your boy before he blows the chance of a lifetime and basically Al Golden's his career.
It was over for Butch to UM after 2013....I even knew it.

Agree! And, although this will get me some heat on CIS, I will always believe that he should've been hired instead of Richt and then instead of Manny. But, especially Richt. I'll never forget it. I was in the ATL airport catching a connecting flight from a biz trip when I saw that we had hired Richt, and my immediate thought was, "This guy got fired at UGA where they have all of the money and HS talent in the world and are THE school in the state. How will he do better at a more difficult and competitive environment?". It should've been Butch and history has vindicated that feeling.

This time around for me it was #1 Kiffin and #2 Mario. In that order. I still haven't given up on Mario even if he brings Gatis back. However, that is not a permanent situation. If Mario doesn't win 9 games this coming year (and the 9th win could come with a bowl win), as a result of keeping Gatis, then more than likely, the death spiral would begin which will almost certainly end with us grabbing another coach after Mario's 3rd year (assuming he is under 9 wins).

Can you imagine if Butch had a Ruiz in 2000??...and an Administration that loved him??....Lol....it would've been illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back