Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't pay Butch $3 million, after the Miraculous job he did by the end of 2000 with virtually no help from the administration, no Booster financial help, & constant penny pinching, but give Mario $8 million for 10yrs with a Brinks truck at his disposal....Makes sense.
From what I can see Stoops and Spurrier were the highest paid coaches in 2000 making around $1.5MM-$2MM. Today Mario is around 10th making $8MM. Mario getting around $15MM would be comparable to Butch getting $3MM in 2000. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Advertisement
You left off:
TVD - Gone
Garcia - Gone

So what Portal QB are we going to target?

(this is if Gattis is returning).

Now if we somehow keep TVD and Gattis... idk man.
Lets all just hope if we keep Gattis that he majorly improves. I assume Mario is going to allow gattis to bring in a QB coach that he wants. I can't see any way you have a WR coach and OC who has a QB coach he doesn't allign with or who has more input than him. This is honestly why any OC we get needs to just be a QB coach. makes everything easier.

We’ll have to bust a transfer QB out of an insane asylum.

5CBD0A42-5F50-4792-8291-A87BE41F1A3A.gif

From what I can see Stoops and Spurrier were the highest paid coaches in 2000 making around $1.5MM-$2MM. Today Mario is around 10th making $8MM. Mario getting around $15MM would be comparable to Butch getting $3MM in 2000. You’re comparing apples to oranges.
BS....Butch should have been made the Highest paid coach in America after 2000..you have no idea how Dee tried to F him...after pretending to be his buddy. Butch tried to get his underpaid assistants more $$$ as well. Hence, him and Chuck leaving for alot more.

I’m still of the belief Gattis will be replaced. But I do absolutely think it’s possible he is retained and Mario thinks there aren’t better options + Talent was holding the offense back. And maybe another year in the offense will have the QBs understanding it better and improve majorly…

Advertisement
I’m still of the belief Gattis will be replaced. But I do absolutely think it’s possible he is retained and Mario thinks there aren’t better options + Talent was holding the offense back. And maybe another year in the offense will have the QBs understanding it better and improve majorly…
the biggest obstacle to fix is the OL. Doesn't matter how much the QB understands if the defense is in his face in a split second...

Talent holding the offense back was mostly in the coaches booth wearing a headset.

BS....Butch should have been made the Highest paid coach in America after 2000..you have no idea how Dee tried to F him...after pretending to be his buddy. Butch tried to get his underpaid assistants more $$$ as well. Hence, him and Chu k leaving for alot more.
I get that, but asking for almost double the next highest paid coach is a steep ask. That’s asking for double 2 championship winning coaches. Luckily UM are willing to pay top $ now and hopefully it pays off. My point is that Mario’s salary today would be equivalent to paying Butch $1MM back in 2000.

Advertisement
I get that, but asking for almost double the next highest paid coach is a steep ask. That’s asking for double 2 championship winning coaches. Luckily UM are willing to pay top $ now and hopefully it pays off. My point is that Mario’s salary today would be equivalent to paying Butch $1MM back in 2000.
Do not care to elaborate...I know what went down...I was as close to the situation as one can get. You've seen the repercussions since he left.

BS....Butch should have been made the Highest paid coach in America after 2000..you have no idea how Dee tried to F him...after pretending to be his buddy. Butch tried to get his underpaid assistants more $$$ as well. Hence, him and Chuck leaving for alot more.
Brownies made him an offer he could not refuse. Regardless if Paul would have given him every concession he wanted, would he have stayed? Interested in your opinion.

Advertisement
Brownies made him an offer he could not refuse. Regardless if Paul would have given him every concession he wanted, would he have stayed? Interested in your opinion.
The Miami job back then was a lot more attractive than the Browns job that’s for sure

Absolutely...Butch still Loves UM....He wears that 87 Ring over his 2 SB Rings...but the BS he put up with from 95-2000 would cause anyone to leave. It's funny how Howard and JJ left for more $$$$ but Butch gets vilified for doing the same thing. That entire administration never cared for, or liked Butch except 2-3 people. Stu Miller, Richard Fain and Paul Dimare...Stu's father was instrumental in Butch's hiring. If people knew how cancerous that administration was to him they'd understand. @Brooklyndee is the only person on this site who knows what I've stated is fact.

Advertisement
Absolutely...Butch still Loves UM....He wears that 87 Ring over his 2 SB Rings...but the BS he put up with from 95-2000 would cause anyone to leave. It's funny how Howard and JJ left for more $$$$ but Butch gets vilified for doing the same thing. That entire administration never cared for, or liked Butch except 2-3 people. Stu Miller, Richard Fain and Paul Dimare...Stu's father was instrumental in Butch's hiring. If people knew how cancerous that administration was to him they'd understand. @Brooklyndee is the only person on this site who knows what I've stated is fact.
Howard left for exactly the same reason Butch did and abruptly, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back