Jon Richt reveals regarding position battle

The Rosier duke highlights just got me thinking what 82, 3, and 4 would look like catching some of those balls in that amount of space.

Advertisement
If you watched the Duke game then you know he can sling it a little. He dropped a couple of absolute dimes in that game. I'd hope he's even better now than he was two years ago playing for a horrific staff. Two years under Rick should have improved him significantly.

Against that loaded Duke secondary..........................................
Against that ranked Duke secondary on the road. Not bad for a guy that wasn't watching film until then

It's embarrassing to hear canes fans touting duke wins as accomplishments. I guess i'm too old school for this board.

It's far more embarrassing to see Canes fans refuse to acknowledge an excellent performance as a last second emergency starter by a freshmans on the road against a team favored to beat us just because the fan has an agenda for another QB.

It takes at least 3 gold stars to earn a personal pan pizza from the hut. He got one gold star 18 months ago and you're still slurping.

Are you guys still glad Brad left? I think it will be Sheriff (Brains) Comparison? Steve Walsh. We can win with QB who doesn' turn the ball over.

Don't care about Kaaya. He was proven. Proven to be a guy who needed everything to be perfect to do well and proven to be a guy who couldn't win big games. I'll take my chances with the unproven.

For such a smart guy, this is such a dumb position.

You'll take your chances on two guys who couldn't beat out Kaaya and two true freshman who haven't shown they are even remotely close to being ready? Kaaya wasn't perfect but with him at the helm we would've been a near lock for 10+ wins. Who knows what will happen with this group.

How open was the QB competition last year? You say Malik and Evan couldn't beat him out. Tell me how open the competition was. I remember Rick coming in and declaring Kaaya the only guy with a job.

Dorsey "couldn't beat out" Kenny Kelly either. Team was better with Dorsey.

Jamies couldn't beat out Manuel. Team was significantly better with Jameis.

Tee Martin couldn't beat out Manning. Team was better and won a NC with Martin.

I could go on and on to debunk this goofy "couldn't beat out" theory.

Often, the backup from the previous season leads the team to better results than the guy who started over him. Your theory doesn't account for improvement of the player, openness of the competition, or fit for the team/offense.

Funny you mention Kenny Kelly ...the baseball player...lmfao.

rosier3.jpg

Last edited:
He dropped a couple of absolute dimes in that game.

Exactly...that dime He dropped rolling to His left from His own endzone was a thing of beauty. Shame how people marginalize His performance in that game.

100% . I remember being in complete awe at Rosier's performance during that Duke game. He looked great, and threw things of beauty. Not only was he tossing lasers, he had about 2-3 drops in that game, and a couple of completions overturned due to horrendous calls from the officials. He should've had about 60-70 more yards to his passing totals.

But here is what was even more impressive. Artie's mom had just died, Golden was fired 4 days before, and with 3 days to prepare all Rosier did was go out (after admiting her didn't watch film prior to that game) and let his nuts hang to produce a stellar passing performance. And you guys are shatting on this dude??? GTFOH; that performance right there shows you that dude has "it" in him. He produced on the road, under pressure. Give me Malik Rosier all day long.

I am EXTREMELY confident Rosier can get it done, especially since he's been tutored by Richt and a real coaching staff for almost a year and a half now. I saw with my own two eyes what that guy could do under a crazy set of circumstances

Last edited:
Against that loaded Duke secondary..........................................
Against that ranked Duke secondary on the road. Not bad for a guy that wasn't watching film until then

It's embarrassing to hear canes fans touting duke wins as accomplishments. I guess i'm too old school for this board.

It's far more embarrassing to see Canes fans refuse to acknowledge an excellent performance as a last second emergency starter by a freshmans on the road against a team favored to beat us just because the fan has an agenda for another QB.

It takes at least 3 gold stars to earn a personal pan pizza from the hut. He got one gold star 18 months ago and you're still slurping.
If a UM fan acknowledging an excellent performance by a UM player in an emergency start is slurping or some other negative thing to you, then you need to reevaluate your life.

Advertisement
But seriously at least two of those completions from that tape that ended up as big plays you know 82 takes to the house.

If a UM fan acknowledging an excellent performance by a UM player in an emergency start is slurping or some other negative thing to you, then you need to reevaluate your life.

You sound like sweaty Al Golden right now with his rosacea cheeks and drenched XXL white button up.

So basically Evan Shirreffs won't be the starter at all. Sounds like he's actually running 3rd behind Malik and N'Kosi bc of the fact everything has to be perfect for him to have success as a passer.

Malik Rosier is good enough to win any given Saturday but the coaches don't have complete trust that he'll perform up to that on any given Saturday.

N'Kosi Perry they just want to see enough progress to ride with him as the qb. Sounds like they still want him to win the job going into the 1st game.

Last edited:
So, [MENTION=15754]CFLCane[/MENTION], how long has Rosier been shtooping your wife, because you're starting to sound irrational now.

Acknowledging a good performance by a Cane is slurping?

Yep, that's got to be it. He's jackhammering your lady when you're not there.

Advertisement
He dropped a couple of absolute dimes in that game.

Exactly...that dime He dropped rolling to His left from His own endzone was a thing of beauty. Shame how people marginalize His performance in that game.

100% . I remember being in complete awe at Rosier's performance during that Duke game. He looked great, and threw things of beauty. Not only was he tossing lasers, he had about 2-3 drops in that game, and a couple of completions overturned due to horrendous calls from the officials. He should've had about 60-70 more yards to his passing totals.

But here is what was even more impressive. Artie's mom had just died, Golden was fired 4 days before, and with 3 days to prepare all Rosier did was go out (after admiting her didn't watch film prior to that game) and let his nuts hang to produce a stellar passing performance. And you guys are shatting on this dude??? GTFOH; that shows you right there that dude has it in him. He produced on the road and under pressure. Give me Malik Rosier all day long.

I am EXTREMELY confident Rosier can get it done, especially since he's been tutored by Richt and a real coaching staff for almost a year and a half now. I saw with my own two eyes what that guy could do under a crazy set of circumstances

Not to mention his throwing mechanics are better and faster since that game and is getting reps against the best defense he'll see all season (people seem to forget this) which should speed up his thought process.

When Richt said "We want him to do things we ask him to do".. idk how much stock I should put into that because Richt system in the way he wants things done are very, very strict. He wants proper everything from holding the ball, drop backs, hand-offs, play action, reads, ball placement, etc so that might not necessarily mean Rosier is throwing picks maybe it more so he just isn't doing things 99% perfect to them considering how strict they are about how they want things done. I think it could be more on the line taking deep shots that aren't intercepted instead of throwing the check down. Rosier is a very aggressive QB so I can see this being the case.

Also, when Jon Richt said "Struggle to throw off balance or on the run" I eliminated him from the QB competition right then and there. When he described Sherriffs it sounded like a poor man's Brad Kaaya w/ a noodle arm and no game experience. 6'5 can't throw deep and when he throws short his passes get batted at the LOS. HARD PASS.. 8-4 if he is the starter. FAXS.

Last edited:
Does Rosier still throw like a third baseman? That windup was Teblow like

Advertisement
So, [MENTION=15754]CFLCane[/MENTION], how long has Rosier been shtooping your wife, because you're starting to sound irrational now.

CFL likes dyck.

Still don't know how I feel about Richt still running 4 QBS with the ones this far into camp. Need to start building that chemistry and roll with one guys getting majority of the 1 snaps

Advertisement

Super original.....funny as soon as mentioned *** Franchise popped his head out of a hole and starting chirping about ****s again. Bunch of parrots here.

Can we all take a brief break from the QB debate to wish Nature Boy Rick Flair a speedy recovery? Thx.

Still don't know how I feel about Richt still running 4 QBS with the ones this far into camp. Need to start building that chemistry and roll with one guys getting majority of the 1 snaps

Pretty sure it's two right now. Hopefully Saturday will determine the starter

Pretty sure it's two right now. Hopefully Saturday will determine the starter

Richt said he will keep giving all of them reps with the 1s. Said he wants to be fair to the younger guys because of their learning curve.

Advertisement
Back