John Ruiz, please rebuild this....

Advertisement
I’m actually looking at this from a different angle. Everyone keeps proposing this super-advanced 80k+ seat stadium, but what if we went in the opposite direction? What about a 50-60k stadium who’s sole purpose is to get fans as close to the field as possible, with a huge emphasis on acoustics and making the stadium as LOUD as possible? Cameron Indoor is extremely small but gets crazy loud and is full of charm. Our stadium would be unique that’s for sure...

First thing - no roof. No no no. Home field advantage when it’s hot

Second thing - we need a nostalgia bathroom in every section. Trough urinals and an overflow by mid way through the second
Ruiz is deadset on a retractable roof.

I’m actually looking at this from a different angle. Everyone keeps proposing this super-advanced 80k+ seat stadium, but what if we went in the opposite direction? What about a 50-60k stadium who’s sole purpose is to get fans as close to the field as possible, with a huge emphasis on acoustics and making the stadium as LOUD as possible? Cameron Indoor is extremely small but gets crazy loud and is full of charm. Our stadium would be unique that’s for sure...
Cameron isn't charming, it's a dump. The only reason it's tolerated is because of name recognition and its Duke basketball. This isn't Durham, you need a facility worth a ****, especially for football.

Advertisement
Too bad the Mayor nixed the Tropical Park site

Never trust a politicians’ word, & she didn’t say it was nixed vs. the process of handling it & it’s not for sale. She’s correct, it’s not up for sale. Hence, the vetting of areas to see what’s feasible.

Again, I’ll use SoFi as an example; that area was vetted throughly from a construction standpoint. That land was not for sale & it was in the middle of a residential/commercial zoning. After various parts of LA County was vetted for construction, that area felt the most feasible due to adjacent properties, and a horse track that was no longer used. Once a proposal was made & chit changed by not only the city, but the owners of that land. Now, granted we’re talking about a park vs. a privately owned land. My point is, just b/c something is not for sale today doesn’t mean it won’t be for sale tomorrow.

Baylor stadium looks perfect but I'm thinking Miami needs the retractable roof because of the weather issues. They'll have to give the stadium the ability to add seating for major events. Also, add the"fast track" turf they have at the Arizona Cardinals stadium.

Advertisement
Would be a big fan of building it in Hialeah, a lot of space out there and the atmosphere would be unmatched.
should be next to Marlins Park. Part of the aura of the OB was where it was located. The metro ride in for students was an awesome part of the game-day experience. It will be great but it won't be the same.

Modern stadium with a nod to the OB, something like they did with Yankee stadium which is a freakin cathedral, with the old stadium facing on it and monument park in centerfield. Incorporate the Ring of Honor, Smoke entrance, etc. but the stadium should stand on its own, not a duplicate of the OB.

Also I hate to say it, but incorporate some room between the seats and aisles......I think COVID is here to stay for awhile, and if your gonna build a stadium, might as well take this fact of life into account, It will jack up construction costs and lower capacity, but given the limitations on live entertainment, fans would be inclined to pay more for a live event than before COVID where you can stuff fans into a stadium like sardines....plus they'd get more seat and leg room. Lower capacity by 25% and raise ticket prices by 25%. Sucks but I fear this is the new normal and we might as well get ahead of it.
This is the pussiest post I’ve ever read. Ask the 120,000 fans at Michigan when they beat OSU how much their minds were on COVID?? I literally can’t believe someone posted something so stupid. I actually now believe the idea that Miami will build a stadium comparable to SoFi is a more well thought out plan!! Oh my holy **** wow

should be next to Marlins Park. Part of the aura of the OB was where it was located. The metro ride in for students was an awesome part of the game-day experience. It will be great but it won't be the same.
Not sure if your from Miami but where exactly are they going to put a football stadium next to marlins park. 😂😂😂

Multiple. Anytime I went to europe I tried to attend a different soccer stadium. Nothing touches Yankees Red Sox mid 90’s or even close to it imo. Old yankees stadium untouchable imo.
When I was traveling to Argentina more often, I regularly attended River Plate games. I went to two Superclasicos as an away fan (2003 and 2004), which are easily the most insane experiences of my life, sporting or otherwise. Away fans are not allowed since 2013. But, to each his own.

Advertisement
When I was traveling to Argentina more often, I regularly attended River Plate games. I went to two Superclasicos as an away fan (2003 and 2004), which are easily the most insane experiences of my life, sporting or otherwise. Away fans are not allowed since 2013. But, to each his own.

Being an away fan at a BA soccer match is nuts. I did it once. Getting in and out was probably close to what a N. Korea/ S. Korea hostage exchange must be like.

Advertisement
Well I’m a diehard yankees fan & grew up going to the old stadium (wildest sports atmosphere I’ve ever been to during the playoffs) & the new stadium is for rich people & is like a concrete slab knockoff. Absolutely hate it. No feel to it at all.
I lived in Manhattan during their run. That joint was loud. I am from Boston, no Yankee bias. The old Stadium had a way. It was alive and when it got loud it was like a crescendo and then the place would go into circus mode until the roof blew off.

The OB had the same feel.

Not sure if your from Miami but where exactly are they going to put a football stadium next to marlins park. 😂😂😂
knock down garages and buy some people out; specifically the First Base & Center Field Garages to the South, and then locally relocate ~50 homes from NW 3rd to NW 2nd ST using the 6 surrounding East/West parking lots 1,2&3, privately-owned vacant lots & homes for sale within the vicinity.

One could then build a LDP replica to the south of the existing stadium with 60k capacity for football and put the OB back where it belongs.. :)

Last edited:
Very Very Important is to make sure the stadium is going the right direction so the Sun does not bother our players/WRs etc. Need to ensure proper placement. Do a solid sound study to give us the best acoustics when it comes to the noise for homefield advantage! Just my 02
Go Canes!!
According to Alex, the stadium will be built to be “one of the loudest” stadiums in the country. The sunlight issue is an interesting point. Doesn’t the Dallas stadium do that?

Advertisement
Back