John Ruiz, please rebuild this....

You clowns listening to Glory Days demanding a retread version of the OB.

THIS is what Ruiz should aim for. Think outside of the box. Shake college football and the architecture world to their core!

Screenshot_20220208-211242_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Modern stadium with a nod to the OB, something like they did with Yankee stadium which is a freakin cathedral, with the old stadium facing on it and monument park in centerfield. Incorporate the Ring of Honor, Smoke entrance, etc. but the stadium should stand on its own, not a duplicate of the OB.

Also I hate to say it, but incorporate some room between the seats and aisles......I think COVID is here to stay for awhile, and if your gonna build a stadium, might as well take this fact of life into account, It will jack up construction costs and lower capacity, but given the limitations on live entertainment, fans would be inclined to pay more for a live event than before COVID where you can stuff fans into a stadium like sardines....plus they'd get more seat and leg room. Lower capacity by 25% and raise ticket prices by 25%. Sucks but I fear this is the new normal and we might as well get ahead of it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unpopular opinion I’m guessing but mystique and aura did not move across the street from old yankee stadium to new one despite similarities in design elements. You can’t rebuild the past that way it’s not transferable.

id take the best aspects of the ob experience and then incorporate them into something new and modern. It’s very different but the islanders in hockey just did this. The room close on the ice seats and angles with low ceiling designed for emulating the Nassau coliseums best things and put that into a a new state of the art arena.

Unpopular opinion I’m guessing but mystique and aura did not move across the street from old yankee stadium to new one despite similarities in design elements. You can’t rebuild the past that way it’s not transferable.

id take the best aspects of the ob experience and then incorporate them into something new and modern. It’s very different but the islanders in hockey just did this. The room close on the ice seats and angles with low ceiling designed for emulating the Nassau coliseums best things and put that into a a new state of the art arena.

Advertisement
Modern stadium with a nod to the OB, something like they did with Yankee stadium which is a freakin cathedral, with the old stadium facing on it and monument park in centerfield. Incorporate the Ring of Honor, Smoke entrance, etc. but the stadium should stand on its own, not a duplicate of the OB.

Also I hate to say it, but incorporate some room between the seats and aisles......I think COVID is here to stay for awhile, and if your gonna build a stadium, might as well take this fact of life into account, It will jack up construction costs and lower capacity, but given the limitations on live entertainment, fans would be inclined to pay more for a live event than before COVID where you can stuff fans into a stadium like sardines....plus they'd get more seat and leg room. Lower capacity by 25% and raise ticket prices by 25%. Sucks but I fear this is the new normal and we might as well get ahead of it.

Good Lord. So you want to build a Covid stadium. The insanity from some on this board is at all time highs.

Advertisement

New yankees stadium is horrendous.

Advertisement
Back