John Ruiz, please rebuild this....

Advertisement
Modern stadium with a nod to the OB, something like they did with Yankee stadium which is a freakin cathedral, with the old stadium facing on it and monument park in centerfield. Incorporate the Ring of Honor, Smoke entrance, etc. but the stadium should stand on its own, not a duplicate of the OB.

Also I hate to say it, but incorporate some room between the seats and aisles......I think COVID is here to stay for awhile, and if your gonna build a stadium, might as well take this fact of life into account, It will jack up construction costs and lower capacity, but given the limitations on live entertainment, fans would be inclined to pay more for a live event than before COVID where you can stuff fans into a stadium like sardines....plus they'd get more seat and leg room. Lower capacity by 25% and raise ticket prices by 25%. Sucks but I fear this is the new normal and we might as well get ahead of it.

I agree that there needs to be some kind of homage to the old OB. Aside from having the facade of the west side of the Orange Bowl, I'd like to see an area outside the stadium where old skool vendors can set up and sell street meat after the game. :rugby:

View attachment 177217

I am fan of Boone Pickens stadium (Okie St). One level with all the luxury boxes on top. one difference though I would have some seats in the open end zone with a giant video screen on top like Arizona Cardinals have Below is Okie ASR’s open end zone

View attachment 177218
i love how close the stands are to the field its awesome. maybe extend it more all sides of the end zones that all

Advertisement
I think a modernized version of the OB would be cool. I’m getting spoiled so I want a roof on the ***** though. And they would definitely need to add luxury boxes. One of the biggest issues UM had with the old stadium was lack of $$$seating areas. A couple of paid luxury suites is worth more than a whole section of $30 tickets.

Advertisement
something similar to what Baylor did in terms of size (maybe ours a bit bigger) and modernized, but of course with the OB look and feel. Retractable roof for rain and super intense sun would be great too!

mclanestadium.jpg

That's a really nice stadium, problem with us is always going to be land, so much more out there in Waco.

Hard Rock roof really has me spoiled though from the days of the OB, I'd take the OB back and get sunburned to a crisp any day ,but the roof during those hot days is pretty **** nice.

I think a modernized version of the OB would be cool. I’m getting spoiled so I want a roof on the ***** though. And they would definitely need to add luxury boxes. One of the biggest issues UM had with the old stadium was lack of $$$seating areas. A couple of paid luxury suites is worth more than a whole section of $30 tickets.
get the luxury seats out of the 50 yard line with fat man chairs that are empty 90% of the game. sold out or not empty seats there look horrible. put more luxury boxes and let them sit in the ac where they want to be anyway. yes keep the roof for the fans... position the field where the visiting bench is in the sun regardless of the time of day. i dont care about what it looks like. if we are winning that is all that matters. driving back to tampa after every game is a long quiet drive after a loss.

Would you mind expanding on this to someone who isn’t a baseball fan at all
Well I’m a diehard yankees fan & grew up going to the old stadium (wildest sports atmosphere I’ve ever been to during the playoffs) & the new stadium is for rich people & is like a concrete slab knockoff. Absolutely hate it. No feel to it at all.

get the luxury seats out of the 50 yard line with fat man chairs that are empty 90% of the game. sold out or not empty seats there look horrible. put more luxury boxes and let them sit in the ac where they want to be anyway. yes keep the roof for the fans... position the field where the visiting bench is in the sun regardless of the time of day. i dont care about what it looks like. if we are winning that is all that matters. driving back to tampa after every game is a long quiet drive after a loss.
Yeah, I’m talking about luxury boxes. Not regular seats. It’s tough to maximize profit at a stadium without real luxury seating these days. Especially if you’re only talking about a 50,000 seat stadium

Advertisement
I agree that there needs to be some kind of homage to the old OB. Aside from having the facade of the west side of the Orange Bowl, I'd like to see an area outside the stadium where old skool vendors can set up and sell street meat after the game. :rugby:

Nothing shaking on Shakedown Street
Used to be the heart of town
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart
You just gotta poke around

something similar to what Baylor did in terms of size (maybe ours a bit bigger) and modernized, but of course with the OB look and feel. Retractable roof for rain and super intense sun would be great too!

mclanestadium.jpg
The thing I like about this one, and this is absolutely key to any new stadium - the stands are tiered. In this arrangement, similar to HRS, the seats on the upper deck are steep and are right on top of the field, so you don't feel like you're a mile away from the action. Absolutely critical.

A roof that covers everything but the field is also the way to go. Don't want/need a retractable dome, but the covering for the seats does need to block both the sun and rain for fans in the stands.

I'm starting to believe this could actually happen and it could be spectacular.
iu

When do the PSL's go on sale? I want in early (at a discounted rate for first adopters of course).

Advertisement
The thing I like about this one, and this is absolutely key to any new stadium - the stands are tiered. In this arrangement, similar to HRS, the seats on the upper deck are steep and are right on top of the field, so you don't feel like you're a mile away from the action. Absolutely critical.

A roof that covers everything but the field is also the way to go. Don't want/need a retractable dome, but the covering for the seats does need to block both the sun and rain for fans in the stands.

I'm starting to believe this could actually happen and it could be spectacular.
iu

When do the PSL's go on sale? I want in early (at a discounted rate for first adopters of course).
The man gets it.

Well I’m a diehard yankees fan & grew up going to the old stadium (wildest sports atmosphere I’ve ever been to during the playoffs) & the new stadium is for rich people & is like a concrete slab knockoff. Absolutely hate it. No feel to it at all.
This is not an attack, but a genuine question: how many sports venues have you been to outside this country?

In addition to permanently building in Covid spacing, since Covid is going to be here forever, I would like the premium seats to have a trap door right at your feet, and during commercial breaks or between quarters, and at halftime, at the push of a button, the trap door would open up, and from beneath would rise a nice thick beautiful woman, who would then proceed to pleasure you during the breaks, mostly blow jobs, but also groin grinding would be on the menu.

This would be in addition to the luxury seating, the retractable roof, the numerous lounges and luxury boxes, and the space age SoFi stadium design. I’m thinking really about 6 billion ought to cover it. About what SoFi cost to build.

Chump change.

Advertisement
Back