John Ruiz, please rebuild this....

2C24177E-FD69-40E3-BCA5-551153AFAE60.jpeg
61B60DA5-1F7B-4E32-9DE6-FA3A560009FE.jpeg

Advertisement
Would be a big fan of building it in Hialeah, a lot of space out there and the atmosphere would be unmatched.

What do you guys think? Rebuild The OB (only a bit smaller) or go for a place like more high tech like So-Fi stadium?

View attachment 177211
Yes please, the rafters, the lovely bathrooms and all!! :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Seriously though, it would be a cool (impossibly expensive undertaking likely in SFLA) project to do the exterior like that with modern amenities inside.

The thing I like about this one, and this is absolutely key to any new stadium - the stands are tiered. In this arrangement, similar to HRS, the seats on the upper deck are steep and are right on top of the field, so you don't feel like you're a mile away from the action. Absolutely critical.

A roof that covers everything but the field is also the way to go. Don't want/need a retractable dome, but the covering for the seats does need to block both the sun and rain for fans in the stands.

I'm starting to believe this could actually happen and it could be spectacular.
iu

When do the PSL's go on sale? I want in early (at a discounted rate for first adopters of course).

+100. Roof is a must. Also increases tje decible level = home field advantage. I also think a site to the north would be preferable, for practical building-related reasons and for easier access for the fanbase

Advertisement
+100. Roof is a must. Also increases tje decible level = home field advantage. I also think a site to the north would be preferable, for practical building-related reasons and for easier access for the fanbase

Soooo, a site to the north, with great fan access, with a roof, that has a great acoustics so that the decibel levels increase significantly to give us a home-field advantage.

Hmmmmm, I can’t think of anywhere like that…

53D7F0CA-4543-4EA9-A004-7328D05E2805.gif

0BA427CF-7341-4646-90BD-543F471EA007.jpeg

A2F87E78-D623-46FF-8F8C-26920A8064F5.jpeg

Soooo, a site to the north, with great fan access, with a roof, that has a great acoustics so that the decibel levels increase significantly to give us a home-field advantage.

Hmmmmm, I can’t think of anywhere like that…

View attachment 177269

View attachment 177272

View attachment 177273
Yeah, as soon as you talk about being north and access to the fan base, that has gradually moved northward over the years, talk of a new stadium should stop. For me, HRS is also far easier to get to than anything near campus could ever be.

That said, I'm still listening to the Ruiz family to see how this trends. It's about what's best for the program, not just what's best for me.

Advertisement
Yeah, as soon as you talk about being north and access to the fan base, that has gradually moved northward over the years, talk of a new stadium should stop. For me, HRS is also far easier to get to than anything near campus could ever be.

That said, I'm still listening to the Ruiz family to see how this trends. It's about what's best for the program, not just what's best for me.

Any new stadium is being put in Miami-Dade, or it's not happening. The Canes aren't building "their" stadium north of HRS.

What do the Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Bears, Marty Mcfly and the University of Miami fanbase have in common? They all refuse to move on from 1985. The OB was a unique building, it housed a lot of memories, but stadium design has evolved far beyond that facility. If you are going to build a stadium, take advantage of those quantum leaps, don't be hamstrung by inefficient historical buildings.

I don’t have anything against them exploring all options, and I think it’s actually a smart move because when it comes time to renegotiate with the Michigan idiot, we can at least have leverage, at least some leverage, whereas if we say were are all in on hard rock than what leverage do we have?

So from that perspective I think it’s a smart move. But do I think it will actually happen? No. I think the logistics are against it. And anywhere where it is logistically feasible, it’s just as far if not further from campus as where we are right now. A little leverage, even if it’s mostly bravado and your competitor doesn’t know it, is always a good thing

Advertisement
I'm just saying, if it's not very close to campus, there's not point in talking about a new stadium. Just below the Dade/Broward line doesn't cut it.
Only for the reason that says "FVCK YOU, we have our own stadium and we have the money to build it now!" That is all we want it for.
Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Advertisement
This is the new stadium in Saskatchewan designed by HKS......partially covered, partially open end. Change the outside a bit to look more OB and call it a day
View attachment 177275
Although I'm partial to stands all the way around, this is a design I can get behind. Steep upper tiers, partial roof. This would be loud as **** and a lot of fun.

Advertisement
Back