Assuming the defense gets 40 scholarships, we should aim to have:

7 DE
7 DT
3 WLB
3 ILB
3 SLB
2 Strikers
6 Safeties
9 CB (with at least 3 having the ability to play NB)

Nice breakdown, and I'd say with Diaz scheme preferences, there is some flexibility at the striker/S/LB spots...I personally would go more like this

16 DL (you are prob redshirting 1-2, i wouldn't even argue with a 17th)
10 LB/STrikers (2-3 pure mikes, or maybe one of those mikes has ability to play elsewhere, i.e. a better Mike Smith)
8 CB ( including nickles)
6 safeties (again a Corner or Striker maybe can help here)

Advertisement
Idk man. If we take him and then Dent wants to jump in thats like what? 10 cornerbacks?

We were stacked at WR this year and Injuries, suspensions and the possible cager transfer has us looking thinner. You stack talent, especially when this position last year was near critical levels. Luckily Bandy, Ivey and Blades have shown signs of future star potential here. Yet you take Dent, Brownlee and Dixon.

Advertisement
Wait so signing 3 4 star cbs at the position last cycle is getting left at the altar? My oh my
Im talking about how the staff didnt have backup plans for josh jobe. Didnt recruit asante samuel as much as we should've. Plus the staff didnt see how TS was a pipe dream. Frieson is more of a safety, so we really only got 2 CBs committed plus a project.

Im talking about how the staff didnt have backup plans for josh jobe. Didnt recruit asante samuel as much as we should've. Plus the staff didnt see how TS was a pipe dream. Frieson is more of a safety, so we really only got 2 CBs committed plus a project.
Saying frierson was a project doesn’t really mean that much. He was one of the best dbs in south Florida last year. And **** in recent examples corn elder was a project at corner considering what he was able to do with the ball yet he balled out right? That not really a negative connotation. He will play quite a bit next year

Saying frierson was a project doesn’t really mean that much. He was one of the best dbs in south Florida last year. And **** in recent examples corn elder was a project at corner considering what he was able to do with the ball yet he balled out right? That not really a negative connotation. He will play quite a bit next year
I like Frieson, but I was talking about nigel bethel as the project.

Advertisement
Wait so signing 3 4 star cbs at the position last cycle is getting left at the altar? My oh my

Brock you need to stop worrying about this. You'll argue this point to death and for good reason. But, The board is split and that's ok.

Some feel as though it was a swing and a miss not to get one of the "ELITE" South Florida db's. Others like yourself (and I) are satisfied with the DB class and think Frierson, Ivey, Blades is a strong class.

Personally, I wouldn't have taken Bethel and would have prioritized Samuel earlier but we'll see how that plays out.

Regardless, you don't need to defend this constantly. Rumph has proven to be a capable coach and is clearly becoming a more seasoned recruiter.

does anyone know where i can find this kids senior tape?
Didn't he blow his knee out during the summer - and isn't that why we cooled on him? I'm not sure, but that is what I thought somebody said on this thread or on TOS.

Advertisement
So sign them both. We keep putting all our eggs in 1 basket of guys that are by no means guarantees. The 2 OL we just lost are prime examples. They have been on decommitment watch signs they committed.

IMO

They are fine with taking two corners and will only take 3 if it’s Dent. We would take Elam’s commitment as well but he is favoring UGA/UF

Last edited by a moderator:
Think of Dixon as a DB...not just a cb...he really can do it all. He can play Safety, nickel, cb...you name it....if this makes sense: He has elite versatility imho but has the necessary skills to play cb and safety at really high levels. His best spot is where he can do a little bit of everything...

Advertisement
He should be brought in. Frierson will likely switch to safety. So if we bring in couch and brownlee we will have blades and couch at nickel and then bandy Ivey as your likely starters and then Bethel and brownlee as the back ups and brownlee needs weight and Bethel you don't know how he has developed

Think of Dixon as a DB...not just a cb...he really can do it all. He can play Safety, nickel, cb...you name it....if this makes sense: He has elite versatility imho but has the necessary skills to play cb and safety at really high levels. His best spot is where he can do a little bit of everything...

Tee I have been a fan of Dixon from the get go.. extremely underrated player and a guy who would ball out at Miami.. hoping he commits🙌🏽

Advertisement
Back