John Dixon ?

Advertisement

And he’s not signing with FSU this December and is taking his official visit there next weekend. Prime flip candidate. In January as there are people saying he won’t end up at FSU

I hate to be that guy, but...he could be tryna make the bag bigger from SEC. Would love to be wrong and hope he is that fond of Miami.

I hate to be that guy, but...he could be tryna make the bag bigger from SEC. Would love to be wrong and hope he is that fond of Miami.
Who’s he going to? Uf? I dont Think they have more traction there than us. Richt and rumph is in good with dents mom, bama about to be full one of these days... can see uga making a late push and of course FSU trying to sign him but I dont Think he ends up there

Who’s he going to? Uf? I dont Think they have more traction there than us. Richt and rumph is in good with dents mom, bama about to be full one of these days... can see uga making a late push and of course FSU trying to sign him but I dont Think he ends up there
I could see UGA making a move especially if we get Stevenson. Also I never count out Bama with a DB or WR from South Florida. Like I said, I would love to be wrong.

**** Ivins, sign as many good players as possible

Lol @ not needing him, depth is **** at CB right now

Mark Richt must think we are still on probation and can only sign 5 more kids.
We need those valuable scholarships for the projects/reaches to fill out the class on O, most of course will do NOTHING meaningful here except take up space.

Advertisement
Where are you seeing that? We have a poster on this board that coached/coaches him. I was under the impression that we slowed up on him over the summer but I would love to sign the kid personally.

@Tee3000

it's true..he'll be there this weekend...we are in the drivers seat IF we are not with the BS like we were at paradise. Could've had his commitment back then....but nooooooooooo....they were full and Damari Good was the answer= FOH

Last edited:
it's true..he'll be there this weekend...we are in the drives seat IF we are not with the BS like we were at paradise. Could've had his commitment back then....but nooooooooooo....they were full and Damari Good was the answer= FOH
Good to hear Tee.. hopefully we don’t drop the ball, again. Kid is good, would love to have him.

it's true..he'll be there this weekend...we are in the drives seat IF we are not with the BS like we were at paradise. Could've had his commitment back then....but nooooooooooo....they were full and Damari Good was the answer= FOH

Sounds good to me, **** we need any positive news we can get about now

I never was high on good at all, knew how that would play out

Advertisement

And he’s not signing with FSU this December and is taking his official visit there next weekend. Prime flip candidate. In January as there are people saying he won’t end up at FSU at his his school from what I saw Yesterday

The thing that worries me about that is that Saban will make a big push in January if he feels he needs him.

Idk man. If we take him and then Dent wants to jump in thats like what? 10 cornerbacks?
Well
Right now we have what?
Bandy
Blades
Frierson
Ivey
Bethel
For corner right now, it’s not out the question that frierson eventually moves to safety.
We need 2-3 corners in. Couch is locked in, brownlee appears to be solid but at the end of the day you just never know. I liked the film I’ve seen of John Dixon previously when we were recruiting him earlier in the year year

Idk man. If we take him and then Dent wants to jump in thats like what? 10 cornerbacks?

Who cares? Stack chips and we still won't be anywhere near 85 anyway.

Let's say both commit (I personally think we will get 0-1), but let's just say both, and let's say for your argument Frierson stays at CB, which imo is iffy, but let's say it happens...It's 9. And again that's at the most extreme.

Bandy- Ivey- Frierson- Blades- Bethel- Couch- Brownlee- Dixon- Dent...So it's only 9, not 10. But yeah we prob don't get both anyway, and there's a chance someone flips to safety or a non-player transfers out at some point, just stack chips

Advertisement

What's up with the knee? Refresh my memory, was it recent or last season? Did he play this season?

Advertisement
Who cares? Stack chips and we still won't be anywhere near 85 anyway.

Let's say both commit (I personally think we will get 0-1), but let's just say both, and let's say for your argument Frierson stays at CB, which imo is iffy, but let's say it happens...It's 9. And again that's at the most extreme.

Bandy- Ivey- Frierson- Blades- Bethel- Couch- Brownlee- Dixon- Dent...So it's only 9, not 10. But yeah we prob don't get both anyway, and there's a chance someone flips to safety or a non-player transfers out at some point, just stack chips

Assuming the defense gets 40 scholarships, we should aim to have:

7 DE
7 DT
3 WLB
3 ILB
3 SLB
2 Strikers
6 Safeties
9 CB (with at least 3 having the ability to play NB)

To be fair wasn't this kid coming off an injury? I can't remember his story exactly.

If so, You can't blame the staff for waiting to see how/if he was able to bounce back.

I swear if I hear the "2020 is loaded so we good" garbage I'm gonna freak. Francois and Gray will be getting bags thrown at them heavy. We need to make hay when the sun shines so to speak. If we think dixon is quality and can play here we take him. if he's not then we don't simple. Dent will sign with bama in february if bama doesn't land their higher-ups on their board. Sabag is just waiting this one out. Playing the long game.

Yea I see what you guys mean. It’s a little outdated to think 9 corners is a lot. In today’s game basically 3 corners start so you go 3 deep there and should be good. Good point

Advertisement
Back