Joe Z blew his load over the 2 qb's

*2016Miami (FL)ACCJRQB1326142162.035328.48.9277150.3
CareerMiami (FL)

He’s our all-time leading passer.

It doesn’t show in the win column because he had the worst defensive coordinator in Miami history.
And a missed PAT from going to OT vs FSU. These are his numbers a Jr. Granted he would've been killed behind this OL, but don't sit here and **** all over this kids career.

Advertisement
Hyping Kaaya up because of his stats LOL. That dude would have folded so **** hard in that Nc state game this year. You saw what a real winner/gamer like King did to win the game. Matter of fact, I’m willing to bet we lose to v tech too. Kaaya is not driving down the field to win the game like King did.

was kaaya a gifted passer? Yes absolutely. Was Kaaya ready to shine when it mattered the most? No absolutely not.

Been saying the same thing on the podcast and @RedSquare and @Cribby mentioned it as well.

This is the most important development of spring by a mile. We have two premium passing talents that the players and coaches believe in.

Greentree success doesn’t always translate for QBs because you can’t hit them. This is a bright-red disclaimer. But the good ones usually show up on Greentree right away. Dorsey was like that. So were King and Kaaya. On the flip side, KW and Kosi looked overhyped and overwhelmed early. Rosier was always shaky. Jarren started off great but flopped in practice once his habits nosedived.

TVD and Garcia are tall, strong and accurate passers who are consistently making plays in this offense. They have Sunday physical tools. If one of them can translate that to Saturday execution, we are going to be happy Hurricane fans.
Where did Kevin Olsen fall in?

Where did Kevin Olsen fall in?
Bad on Greentree.

was kaaya a gifted passer? Yes absolutely. Was Kaaya ready to shine when it mattered the most? No absolutely not.
True freshman against #3 FSU. He throws for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Defense can't stop Dalvin Cook on game-winning TD drive.

Sophomore against #12 FSU. He throws for 405 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Dalvin Cook has 269 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs.

Last chance against FSU. He leads the game-tying drive and the Noles block the XP.

Advertisement
Bad on Greentree.

True freshman against #3 FSU. He throws for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Defense can't stop Dalvin Cook on game-winning TD drive.

Sophomore against #12 FSU. He throws for 405 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Dalvin Cook has 269 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs.

Last chance against FSU. He leads the game-tying drive and the Noles block the XP.
Not taking anything away from the kid as a passer. Extremely talented. But He didn’t have that it factor to win games on game winning drives. Yes he finally did it one time against FSU only for us to blow it on xp. Kind of represents his career in a nutshell for me. Almost did it, but didn’t.

Bad on Greentree.

BK should get a lot of credit for stepping in and performing the way he did as a true freshman, especially compared to KD, Gino, et al and how they did as freshmen.

Hyping Kaaya up because of his stats LOL. That dude would have folded so **** hard in that Nc state game this year. You saw what a real winner/gamer like King did to win the game. Matter of fact, I’m willing to bet we lose to v tech too. Kaaya is not driving down the field to win the game like King did.

Dude.

this.

none of those games were lost because of Brad Kayaa.

Advertisement
Been saying the same thing on the podcast and @RedSquare and @Cribby mentioned it as well.

This is the most important development of spring by a mile. We have two premium passing talents that the players and coaches believe in.

Greentree success doesn’t always translate for QBs because you can’t hit them. That is a bright-red disclaimer. But the good ones usually show up on Greentree right away. Dorsey was like that. So were King and Kaaya. On the flip side, KW and Kosi looked overhyped and overwhelmed early. Rosier was always shaky. Jarren started off great but flopped in practice once his habits nosedived.

TVD and Garcia are tall, strong and accurate passers who are consistently making plays in this offense. They have Sunday physical tools. If one of them can translate that to Saturday execution, we are going to be happy Hurricane fans.

facts.

I think both TvD and Garcia are better versions of Kayaa given his lack of mobility. I thought Kayaa was a very good college QB. We had horrid defensive schemes until Manny's first year but we were learning the system. Should've beat FSU and UNC at home that year, though, and even ND on the road.

Whatever he thinks think the opposite. He's a homer slurper and that mentality can never keep it a buck.

Advertisement
Kaaya draws ire around here for two reasons:

1: He never beat FSU.

2014: 316 yards, 2 TD, 1 Int
2015: 405 yards, 3 TD, 0 Int
2016: 215 yards, 2TD, 1 Int

Those stats don't scream "It was the QB's fault". 2016 wasn't his best game but he gave us a chance at the end. I can't recall if it was the '14 or '15 game we had them on the ropes in the first half before Golden went into a shell on both sides of the ball and Jimbo took his lunch money in the 2nd half.

Kaaya wasn't the reason Kaaya never beat FSU, there's plenty of blame to go around for that.

2: Some fans think we make a run in the 2017 CFP if he doesn't leave early.

If we're being real 2017 was fools gold in hindsight, but God **** if it wasn't a fun ride. And God Bless Malik Rosier for everything he did that season, particularly the sodomising of the Domers on national TV, but his lack of arm talent was a limfac in that offense and it finally caught up to us at Pitt.

As I recall, Richts RPO wasn't really tailored to a woefully immobile, pocket QB like Kaaya who needed a clean pocket for a good 2-3 seconds, so I've wondered how successful he would have been coming back in 2017. I think we probably beat Pitt and put up a better fight against Clemson in the ACCCG, maybe backdoor our way into the CFP with 1-loss, but I don't think we would have fared well at all against whoever we would have played be it UGA, OU or Clemson again. I like to think Miami and Kaaya would both in better spots now had he stayed for his Sr. year, but we'll never know.

D'Eriq King on that 2017 team would have been something to see.

Y’all dudes try hard to make kaaya seem like this soft scary qb. The dude got hit a lot here and he kept playing. His first ever game vs Louisville dude was hit almost 20 times that game. That shît is crazy. A lot of qbs would of been done after that.
Does anyone else see a theme?

The "saviour" of our Canes isn't found at QB1.

It's collectively found at LT1, LG1, C1, RG1, and RT1.

👆Fix this (as in top 5 national performance) and we byke b¡tches.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Greentree success doesn’t always translate for QBs because you can’t hit them. That is a bright-red disclaimer. But the good ones usually show up on Greentree right away. Dorsey was like that. So were King and Kaaya. On the flip side, KW and Kosi looked overhyped and overwhelmed early. Rosier was always shaky. Jarren started off great but flopped in practice once his habits nosedived.

DMoney:
This reminds me of the old Carly Simon song "Anticipation"...........we have been waitin' so **** long!!!!!..for an Elite QB.

I’m not saying he was soft. I think he got his teeth knocked out against FSU, no penalty head hunt hit if I recall.

It doesn’t change that what we were hearing from greentree and what ended up in the win columns on Saturdays were different. There was a ton of hype. It doesn’t all fall on the QB.
Was that all on Kaaya? The all time leading passer at UM. He was a really good player. He needed an offensive line that could block consistently and they got him killed.

Kaaya never quit and didn't complain. Richt ruined his career when he implemented RPO's. He's more Tom Brady not DeSean Watson.

Advertisement
Back