Joe Z blew his load over the 2 qb's

Kaaya was a good, not great QB, but we've done less with more who had a better supporting cast. If he's the QB in 2003 we might win it all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all dudes try hard to make kaaya seem like this soft scary qb. The dude got hit a lot here and he kept playing. His first ever game vs Louisville dude was hit almost 20 times that game. That shît is crazy. A lot of qbs would of been done after that.
Dude had his **** tooth literally handed to him by one of his Olinemen and kept playing.

Advertisement
I agree Fresh and Soph he did all he could... we all had high hopes for him and he did somewhat fizzle towards the end of his career, he was still a godsend for those awful cloud years.

However, last chance FSU he is also part to blame.... 3rd quarter we are up 13-3 right after half D gets a 3 and out, Kaaya takes us down to inside the FSU 20 and threw a pic in the endzone. At worst it should have been 16-3, but after the pic FSU goes for 80 yds a td, (13-10) we then go 3 and out then FSU goes down and scores again (17-13). I give him credit for the 4th down throw to Coley, but also when you say game-tying drive, Berrios had a 40 something yard punt return, we started at like the 15 yardline and I dont think we even got a first down, it was 3 mark walton runs and he threw one pass, the TD.... Just 4 plays and the 4th was the TD to coley so to say he "lead the game tying drive" is a little of a misnomer.

From your description, it sounds like you are basically dogging Kaaya for not playing a flawless game against our biggest rival. He made a bad pass in the end zone. If I'm not mistaken, that lone INT was on the same drive where he got his molar knocked out on an illegal hit and almost certainly had a concussion at the time (I believe that was confirmed post game) . He was on fire before the hit and missed six straight passes after including the INT. Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. And is it fair to blame a QB when the reason he got his brain scrambled is that the LB was unblocked by design and yet the QB kept his poise in the pocket and delivered a pass knowing he was about to get lit up?

He had a 10 point lead in the third quarter. The defense gave up back to back TDs, including an 80 yard drive after that aforementioned INT. To me, the defensive collapse was much larger problem than Kaaya single INT (who likely gets pulled from the game and doesn't return if we are using today's concussion protocols)

From your description, it sounds like you are basically dogging Kaaya for not playing a flawless game against our biggest rival. He made a bad pass in the end zone. If I'm not mistaken, that lone INT was on the same drive where he got his molar knocked out on an illegal hit and almost certainly had a concussion at the time (I believe that was confirmed post game) . He was on fire before the hit and missed six straight passes after including the INT. Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. And is it fair to blame a QB when the reason he got his brain scrambled is that the LB was unblocked by design and yet the QB kept his poise in the pocket and delivered a pass knowing he was about to get lit up?

He had a 10 point lead in the third quarter. The defense gave up back to back TDs, including an 80 yard drive after that aforementioned INT. To me, the defensive collapse was much larger problem than Kaaya single INT (who likely gets pulled from the game and doesn't return if we are using today's concussion protocols)

Not dogging at all and I dont think anywhere I said flawless was the bar, I was saying dont throw an INT when you are up ten and in your opponents redzone in the second half, that is basic football 101, cant have those mistakes.

In fact I started the post with giving him praise for all that he did. The hit very well may have attributed to it. I dont know and neither do you. I was only responding to D$ who said he led the game tying drive and the blocked XP is what did us in. Blame the coaches or medical staff for not recognizing a concussion, and pulling him out, fine. Generally there are numeroussss plays that can be pinpointed as a turning point in a game. My point was saying he led the game tying drive and leaving it like that was misleading. His career stands on its own, he was good. But that game, while toughness and grit was through the roof, overall wasn't great. He finished with like 200 yds 2tds and a INT. Technically, yes he did lead a game tying drive but he only threw one pass on that drive and no doubt that INT hurt us, killed momentum and was a bad throw.

To address your point, yes the D gave up two td's, still we held them to 20 points total which I think was there second lowest offense output for FSU of the season they averaged like 36 points a game, we only scored 6 points in the second half. That is simply not good enough on either side of the ball.

Kaaya draws ire around here for two reasons:

1: He never beat FSU.

2014: 316 yards, 2 TD, 1 Int
2015: 405 yards, 3 TD, 0 Int
2016: 215 yards, 2TD, 1 Int

Those stats don't scream "It was the QB's fault". 2016 wasn't his best game but he gave us a chance at the end. I can't recall if it was the '14 or '15 game we had them on the ropes in the first half before Golden went into a shell on both sides of the ball and Jimbo took his lunch money in the 2nd half.

Kaaya wasn't the reason Kaaya never beat FSU, there's plenty of blame to go around for that.

2: Some fans think we make a run in the 2017 CFP if he doesn't leave early.

If we're being real 2017 was fools gold in hindsight, but God **** if it wasn't a fun ride. And God Bless Malik Rosier for everything he did that season, particularly the sodomising of the Domers on national TV, but his lack of arm talent was a limfac in that offense and it finally caught up to us at Pitt.

As I recall, Richts RPO wasn't really tailored to a woefully immobile, pocket QB like Kaaya who needed a clean pocket for a good 2-3 seconds, so I've wondered how successful he would have been coming back in 2017. I think we probably beat Pitt and put up a better fight against Clemson in the ACCCG, maybe backdoor our way into the CFP with 1-loss, but I don't think we would have fared well at all against whoever we would have played be it UGA, OU or Clemson again. I like to think Miami and Kaaya would both in better spots now had he stayed for his Sr. year, but we'll never know.

D'Eriq King on that 2017 team would have been something to see.
I like to think we could’ve made some noise in 2017. Very least, we win the orange bowl. Towards the end of the 2016 when richt tailored the play calling to kayaa, we started to look good on offense.

Advertisement
Not dogging at all and I dont think anywhere I said flawless was the bar, I was saying dont throw an INT when you are up ten and in your opponents redzone in the second half, that is basic football 101, cant have those mistakes.

In fact I started the post with giving him praise for all that he did. The hit very well may have attributed to it. I dont know and neither do you. I was only responding to D$ who said he led the game tying drive and the blocked XP is what did us in. Blame the coaches or medical staff for not recognizing a concussion, and pulling him out, fine. Generally there are numeroussss plays that can be pinpointed as a turning point in a game. My point was saying he led the game tying drive and leaving it like that was misleading. His career stands on its own, he was good. But that game, while toughness and grit was through the roof, overall wasn't great. He finished with like 200 yds 2tds and a INT. Technically, yes he did lead a game tying drive but he only threw one pass on that drive and no doubt that INT hurt us, killed momentum and was a bad throw.

To address your point, yes the D gave up two td's, still we held them to 20 points total which I think was there second lowest offense output for FSU of the season they averaged like 36 points a game, we only scored 6 points in the second half. That is simply not good enough on either side of the ball.

Yeah after I posted I was going to modify what I wrote and say that I was a bit unfair and the defense actually did a decent job in retrospect. It's unreasonable to think that the defense was going to keep a FSU team that wasn't too many years removed from a national championship and playoff team in 2014 totally off the scoreboard. Holding them to 20 points is **** fine work. Maybe Richt went into a shell but it's entirely possible that Richt saw that Kaaya was out of sorts after the illegal hit and had to modify the gameplan accordingly and go far more run-based than he wanted. Maybe that one play changed a lot more than we realize. If Kaaya doesn't get head trauma at that point in the season when he's playing at an elite level, Miami wins that game and almost certainly wins 10 on the season. With back to back 10 wins seasons, we would have really had something going.

The dude once got his molar knocked out and kept playing. That's about as tough as you'll see.
Agreed. I cited that. That doesn’t change that there is a difference between practice with no hits and a clean pocket and live action... wisdom teeth or otherwise.... and my reluctance to crown a QB until game action.

He’s our all-time leading passer.

It doesn’t show in the win column because he had the worst defensive coordinator in Miami history.
when people talk about what King bring us.... it often starts with: King is the best QB we’ve had since ....

Goes all the way back to maybe Dorsey, and some even discount Ken going back even further...

The discussion isn’t... King is the best because of Manny’s defense - that’s for **** sure...and Kaaya isn’t mentioned.

Advertisement
Was that all on Kaaya? The all time leading passer at UM. He was a really good player. He needed an offensive line that could block consistently and they got him killed.

Kaaya never quit and didn't complain. Richt ruined his career when he implemented RPO's. He's more Tom Brady not DeSean Watson.
Not blaming Kaaya. Just not getting overly excited about QBs in shells from Joe Z because well fool me once..

Brad had a very good junior season. Brad's issue was always pocket presence. Given a half way decent or clean pocket and Brad was deadly.

It was the offense too.

Richt had him holding the ball way too long.

Brad was a first round talent on quick release, west coast type plays.

He was undraftable if he wasn’t able to release at the top of his drop or have a pocket to climb.

We shell shocked him though. Played him too early and got him hit too much. He lost some poise but still made MANY plays for us. Most quarterbacks would have folded if they were put in his situation. If he was handled better he would have had a much better career.

Bad on Greentree.

True freshman against #3 FSU. He throws for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Defense can't stop Dalvin Cook on game-winning TD drive.

Sophomore against #12 FSU. He throws for 405 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Dalvin Cook has 269 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs.

Last chance against FSU. He leads the game-tying drive and the Noles block the XP.

Don’t forget that bullshyt *** targeting call on Jamal Carter.

He caught buddy slipping over the middle and busted him right in the chest. It was legal but looked so nasty it gave them an excuse to steal the game.

Does anyone else see a theme?

The "saviour" of our Canes isn't found at QB1.

It's collectively found at LT1, LG1, C1, RG1, and RT1.

👆Fix this (as in top 5 national performance) and we byke b¡tches.
Are you saying our qbs were all above avg. and the rest of the team is what made them look good? I can believe that.

Advertisement
Back