Joe Z blew his load over the 2 qb's

Not blaming Kaaya. Just not getting overly excited about QBs in shells from Joe Z because well fool me once..
I'm with that, but Kaaya has nothing to do with TVD or Garcia and no comparisons should be made when neither of these guys have had significant snaps or none at all in actual games. If TVD and Garcia look good in the Spring game that's just a check box for me. When they get their turn in the heat of the battle of a real live games, then that's when we can feel excited or underwhelmed.

Advertisement
I'm with that, but Kaaya has nothing to do with TVD or Garcia and no comparisons should be made when neither of these guys have had significant snaps or none at all in actual games. If TVD and Garcia look good in the Spring game that's just a check box for me. When they get their turn in the heat of the battle of a real live games, then that's when we can feel excited or underwhelmed.
Agreed. We can get excited when they reach Sam Howell and Kenny Pickett level!

He cost us the FSU game with his horrific INT after the defense stopped FSU in the opening drive of the 2nd half

But yeah blame missing the XP when we should’ve never been in the situation in the first place
Why you running routes into the end zone on 2nd and 15 at the 18? Not to defend Brad because it was a horrible decision and play call, but was Brad responsible for FSU's next 3 drives which were all scored? How about the holding call that turned back a Walton run?

And I'll ask again, did Kaaya play defense? He wasn't the issue here the defensive scheme was most def the issue. But I'm not here to rehash this **** for the millionth time.
Exactly. That defense lost us those games. Kaaya set records.

And I don't buy the greentree hype. Playing against a fraudulent, gimmick Diaz defense with the worst linebacker corps in div-1 or 2 isn't going to prepare anyone for gameday. Especially against Bama.

Advertisement
Are you saying our qbs were all above avg. and the rest of the team is what made them look good? I can believe that.
Im saying it takes a team effort, particulalry at key position units, for everyone to excel.

It can both supercharge already excellent players while at the same time masking deficiencies of "excellent" players because there are more hands to pull the overall load.

This is obviously a matter of opinion, and I recognize the passionate repsonses it might (will) generate...

Take 2020's Miami Hurricanes.... ALL things remain the same... does team do "better" with

- T Lawrence QB1 and Miami's OL.... or
- D King QB1 and Clemson's (or Bama, or OSU, or UGA, etc.) OL blocking for him and the RBs?

I'll take D King and Clemson's OL blocking for $100 Alex....

What say you?

And I don't buy the greentree hype. Playing against a fraudulent, gimmick Diaz defense with the worst linebacker corps in div-1 or 2 isn't going to prepare anyone for gameday. Especially against Bama.

“Worst linebacker corp in div 1 OR 2”

Lmao

In 2016, FSU scored 35+ppg on the season and finished #8 in the country. You think a defense that gave up a grand total of 20 points to a 10 win FSU team featuring Dalvin Cook was a fraudulent gimmick defense?

If Miami holds Bama to 20 points but we lose 20-19, are you going to say the defense didn't do its job?

I swear some of the people here would pass on Patrick Mahomes because he went 13-19 in college.

I would as a college QB with that record.

Kaaya was so inconsistent it wasn't even funny. He could get hot, but when push came to shove, he fell short more often than not.

As another said, most overrrated QB here ever. I have never seen someone who was so awkward looking on two feet. He could not move in the pocket and often times sacked himself.

Advertisement
Bad on Greentree.

True freshman against #3 FSU. He throws for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Defense can't stop Dalvin Cook on game-winning TD drive.

Sophomore against #12 FSU. He throws for 405 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Dalvin Cook has 269 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs.

Last chance against FSU. He leads the game-tying drive and the Noles block the XP.
That’s tough smh

Bad on Greentree.

True freshman against #3 FSU. He throws for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Defense can't stop Dalvin Cook on game-winning TD drive.

Sophomore against #12 FSU. He throws for 405 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Dalvin Cook has 269 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs.

Last chance against FSU. He leads the game-tying drive and the Noles block the XP.

Maybe you or one of other smart guys on here have some insight.... how close were the Canes to landing Cook? I think he went from Clemson to UF to FSU, but was Miami actually a legit contender for his signature?

On King yes.
TVD need a pocket.
Garcia who the **** knows. That’s all guessing.
Brad was a good quarterback and didn’t ever get the respect he deserved. The fact that he was pushed out, is proof enough. Always grateful he as a Cane.
There's no guessing on Garcia... Guessing is for casuals.

Advertisement
In 2016, FSU scored 35+ppg on the season and finished #8 in the country. You think a defense that gave up a grand total of 20 points to a 10 win FSU team featuring Dalvin Cook was a fraudulent gimmick defense?

If Miami holds Bama to 20 points but we lose 20-19, are you going to say the defense didn't do its job?

Stop it

The defense should’ve held FSU to 10 points so Brad Kaaya could’ve actually won a game

Fun fact:
Kaaya never won a game where he was down in the 2nd half

Fun fact:
Freshman Rosier did it in his first ever start on the road against Duke

Advertisement
Kaaya was a good quarterback. He could make some great throws and was tougher than ****. His biggest issue was pocket awareness. People think you need to be fast to avoid getting sacked but that’s not the case at all. You have to have a feel for pressure and make adjustments. That was the weakest part of Kaaya’s game. People say he left because of Richt’s RPO system but ironically he played his best ball the second half of 2016 when Richt dumped the pro style garbage and just decided to let Kaaya sling it from the shotgun since our running game wasn’t exactly carrying the load. People put way too much emphasis on a quarterback’s ability to win games. A great quarterback on a bad team isn’t going to win a ton of games. Just like a mediocre quarterback on a great team will win a lot of games.

Stop it

The defense should’ve held FSU to 10 points so Brad Kaaya could’ve actually won a game

Fun fact:
Kaaya never won a game where he was down in the 2nd half

Fun fact:
Freshman Rosier did it in his first ever start on the road against Duke

This is the ultimate hot take

"...People put way too much emphasis on a quarterback’s ability to win games. A great quarterback on a bad team isn’t going to win a ton of games. Just like a mediocre quarterback on a great team will win a lot of games..."
👆Very smart man.

Pin this to top of forum as required reading.

Kaaya was a good quarterback. He could make some great throws and was tougher than ****. His biggest issue was pocket awareness. People think you need to be fast to avoid getting sacked but that’s not the case at all. You have to have a feel for pressure and make adjustments. That was the weakest part of Kaaya’s game. People say he left because of Richt’s RPO system but ironically he played his best ball the second half of 2016 when Richt dumped the pro style garbage and just decided to let Kaaya sling it from the shotgun since our running game wasn’t exactly carrying the load. People put way too much emphasis on a quarterback’s ability to win games. A great quarterback on a bad team isn’t going to win a ton of games. Just like a mediocre quarterback on a great team will win a lot of games.
He wasn't great, but he was pretty **** good. A great QB can take over a game and find a way to win even when the D and ST's aren't doing the offense any favors. That wasn't Kaaya, but he wasn't THE reason we lost every game while he was here.

Kaaya was 1 dude out of 85. He throws an INT in the redzone and mother ****ers never forget. But for every bad pass there are dozens of missed blocks, dropped passes, bad routes, missed cuts/holes, blitzes that don't get picked up, missed FG's, muffed punts, missed tackles, blown coverages, penalties, coaching mistakes, the list goes on and they all have critical impacts on the outcome of a game. There are three phases to the game and the QB is only on the field for one of them.

Here's a hot take for you: we don't need last minute, miracle catches by Langham to beat GT and FSU, and we beat Pitt if Kaaya is QB in 2017 instead of Rosier. That's not a knock on Rosier, I appreciate everything he did for us, but Kaaya doesn't get benched for Evan Shirreffs in a game that probably gets us into the CFP.

Advertisement
Back