Joe Z blew his load over the 2 qb's

Advertisement
WTF????? You making this statement and only TVD has even played a down at UM. You haven't even seen them practice.

After each has actually played meaningful snaps for a couple of years, then you can make some type of comparison. Kaaya started every year he was at UM. You're comparing apples to an empty fruit bowl.

Advertisement
Not taking anything away from the kid as a passer. Extremely talented. But He didn’t have that it factor to win games on game winning drives. Yes he finally did it one time against FSU only for us to blow it on xp. Kind of represents his career in a nutshell for me. Almost did it, but didn’t.
Yea he should have kicked that XP and run on the field and tackled Cook.. That's real leadership.

Hyping Kaaya up because of his stats LOL. That dude would have folded so **** hard in that Nc state game this year. You saw what a real winner/gamer like King did to win the game. Matter of fact, I’m willing to bet we lose to v tech too. Kaaya is not driving down the field to win the game like King did.

was kaaya a gifted passer? Yes absolutely. Was Kaaya ready to shine when it mattered the most? No absolutely not.

I like the potential of the QB room for the next few years, King back leading the way, getting TVD more valuable reps, and a late RS for Garcia after getting a few reps here and there...I'll take it.

Advertisement
Was that all on Kaaya? The all time leading passer at UM. He was a really good player. He needed an offensive line that could block consistently and they got him killed.

Kaaya never quit and didn't complain. Richt ruined his career when he implemented RPO's. He's more Tom Brady not DeSean Watson.
He had his best statistical season under Richt how did he exactly ruin his career?

Bad on Greentree.

True freshman against #3 FSU. He throws for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Defense can't stop Dalvin Cook on game-winning TD drive.

Sophomore against #12 FSU. He throws for 405 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Dalvin Cook has 269 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs.

Last chance against FSU. He leads the game-tying drive and the Noles block the XP.
I agree Fresh and Soph he did all he could... we all had high hopes for him and he did somewhat fizzle towards the end of his career, he was still a godsend for those awful cloud years.

However, last chance FSU he is also part to blame.... 3rd quarter we are up 13-3 right after half D gets a 3 and out, Kaaya takes us down to inside the FSU 20 and threw a pic in the endzone. At worst it should have been 16-3, but after the pic FSU goes for 80 yds a td, (13-10) we then go 3 and out then FSU goes down and scores again (17-13). I give him credit for the 4th down throw to Coley, but also when you say game-tying drive, Berrios had a 40 something yard punt return, we started at like the 15 yardline and I dont think we even got a first down, it was 3 mark walton runs and he threw one pass, the TD.... Just 4 plays and the 4th was the TD to coley so to say he "lead the game tying drive" is a little of a misnomer.

We drinking the kool aid?
On King yes.
TVD need a pocket.
Garcia who the **** knows. That’s all guessing.
Brad was a good quarterback and didn’t ever get the respect he deserved. The fact that he was pushed out, is proof enough. Always grateful he as a Cane.

Last edited:
I’m not saying he was soft. I think he got his teeth knocked out against FSU, no penalty head hunt hit if I recall.

It doesn’t change that what we were hearing from greentree and what ended up in the win columns on Saturdays were different. There was a ton of hype. It doesn’t all fall on the QB.

Kaaya is the most overrated QB in our history

Advertisement
Brad had a very good junior season. Brad's issue was always pocket presence. Given a half way decent or clean pocket and Brad was deadly.

He cost us the FSU game with his horrific INT after the defense stopped FSU in the opening drive of the 2nd half

But yeah blame missing the XP when we should’ve never been in the situation in the first place

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back