Joe Rose - Decision coming today

duh. they are told though no? they might not have been told about the OC hire until just before Manny announced to media.

No.

What do you think the coaches get all hundred players put them in a room and tell them who they’re going to start at quarterback. Not how that works. LOL.

Advertisement
I'm sorry but how exactly is a QB being named is going to help 'the fans' focus on stomping the Gators?

LOL. Have you been reading this board lately? All these dumb a$$ threads are talking about is the QB battle with fake sources and a bunch of empty updates because nobody knows ****. Biggest game of the year is in 12 days. We need to turn our attention elsewhere at this point. There is a "Jarren Williams Instagram" thread that is about to hit 20 pages and its been up for less than 12 hours and is full of a bunch of BS. That is exhibit A-Z.

Based on the limited public info, it's going to be Tate or Jarren. While I did think Tate would win this job outright a few weeks ago, I do think Jarren has shown a level of consistency that no one has been able to meet. Tate has shown flashes but has issues with his mechanics and consistency. N'Kosi is a turnover machine and has issues with his deep ball. Manny and Enos' said their #1 criteria for a starting QB is to not turn the ball over. N'Kosi, unfortunately, has consistency issues in that area.

All-in-all, based on the speculation and limited practice reports, it would seem that Jarren is going to get the nod. Would not be surprised though if Tate was the starter (with a very short leash, as would anyone else).

Let's all be thankful our QB room has moved on from being Malik Rosier, N'Kosi Perry, and Evan Sheriffs. We're miles ahead in the QB room compared to where we've typically been over the past decade.

I'm personally not even trusting an announcement from Manny's mouth itself until Brian Monroe confirms it.

Screenshot_20190812-110202_Gallery.jpg

Advertisement
Well I think everyone with a brain realizes it is Martell or Williams . I am on the Williams bandwagon but Martell is going to be real good too. Just can't be Perry but the coaches aren't that dumb.

Advertisement
Was that the one that was wrestled away from KJ? Because whoever threw that pass was not horrible, it was in the WR hands.
It was, but it was so underthrown that it gave the defender the opportunity to catch up to the ball. It should've gone for 6 but Jarren made KJ stop dead in his tracks.

I think we will see at least 2 QBs play this year, untill one settles down, but If JW is the starter for 8/24 I have some deleting to do

Well I think everyone with a brain realizes it is Martell or Williams . I am on the Williams bandwagon but Martell is going to be real good too. Just can't be Perry but the coaches aren't that dumb.
Remember when a lot of people were absolutely convinced Perry was going to start from day 1? He was going to come in an be the savior of this program. He did have some good HS tape though.

Advertisement
Why TF would I tell anyone anything 12 days out.
If it was me I would make it a game time decision despite likely knowing now who would it would be. The lizards have to prepare for an unknown offense based on bama and Arkansas tape and that may be or may not be accurate.
Enos if smart will adjust an offense to what he has and not to what he’s done.
Most of the players we have on offense have no real tape except dj and jt. (Thanks cmr).
Why give the gates any little thing to plan for if you don’t have to?
If name one today I wouldn’t be surprised if they say it’s tentative and subject to change.

It was, but it was so underthrown that it gave the defender the opportunity to catch up to the ball. It should've gone for 6 but Jarren made KJ stop dead in his tracks.

Yeah it wasn’t a great throw, he did have time in the pocket and room to step into it but I don’t blame that INT on Jarren when kJ got muscled by a walk on

Advertisement
If its Perry, what does the board do? Blow up? All the speculation is turned to JW and 'maybe' Tate. If Perry is it, this place is going to go off the rails for absolutely no reason other than what they think they know which is nothing.

I still think Tate gets packages if he isn't QB1.

If its Perry, what does the board do? Blow up? All the speculation is turned to JW and 'maybe' Tate. If Perry is it, this place is going to go off the rails for absolutely no reason other than what they think they know which is nothing.

I still think Tate gets packages if he isn't QB1.
Maybe it would have meant Perry improved throughout the summer and fall and earned it. Anyone who goes off the rails for something we have barely received info under a new regime is stupid.

Advertisement
Back