Jhavonte Dean decommits from Bama

Advertisement
So stop the bama dropped him junk

A question remains if 'Bama will definitely take him in this class. Dean says he hasn't heard from Alabama coaches a lot

Cmon mane!!! You better than this!!! You know the game!! Coaches make decisions like this all the time we did the same thing to the Kevin Dingle... Lets hope this was sabans mistake!!

Who cares how we got him...we got him!!! At one time Saban really wanted him thats all that matters he has the potential to be a beast!! Boy ran a legit 4.3 at alabama camo twice and Saban offered him on the spot!!! WE need team speed like this !!!LEGGO!

Saban is like that. he doesnt like kids flirting with others schools.

Has been dropped for a while. Nothing to do with other schools. If bama wanted him he would be there.

Until today he was always described as "alabama commit", where does it say he was dropped a long time ago?

When teams do the silent treatment like we did dingle it means ur dropped. They'll never say ur dropped ur just dropped. People need to follow recruiting n learn about it.....he's a take cause we need him

Last edited:
Anyone know if he's visiting Utah, Arizona State or any other school before signing day?

Thanks, Brock. So wtf is he waiting for? Why not just commit to your hometown school and spend the next 2 years playing in front of friends, family and community? Just do it, JD!

Advertisement
Look, for the record, I like the kid, I want him in, and I want him to succeed at UM. At the same time, I understand a level of skepticism.

Let's just analyze what has happened with this kid over time, and think about how it can be true that Alabama stopped recruiting him AND he still might be worthwhile for us to take (even if we may not exactly be STEALING him from Alabama).

The kid was a 2 star HS recruit. Rivals listed him at 6'1" and 168 pounds in HS, which seems to be close to his current size. He signed an LoI with Cincinnati.

So he went to Blinn, and apparently he had a good freshman year. A 2016 pre-season (pre-sophomore year) article lists him second among returning defensive players (behind a DT who was a verbal to UF at the time). The article also says that Dean was a verbal to Alabama, which means that his leap in quality (2-star Cincy signee to 4-star Alabama verbal) was based on his freshman year. His stats for that year indicate 20 tackles and 10 passes defensed, but no interceptions.

Then you look at his stats in his sophomore year. While he is credited with 23 tackles, 15 are solo, 8 are assists. However his passes defensed number is only 5. Three players from the team were named JuCo All-Americans, but Dean was not one of them.

When you look at the team, they had 11 interceptions in 2015 (Dean's freshman year) and 12 in 2016 (his sophomore year), but he had none. The team went 4-4 his freshman year and 5-4 his sophomore year (it looks like JuCo plays through October, but not into November). Most of the games are high-scoring on both sides, so it seems like there is plenty of opportunity for guys to rack up the stats.

So, perhaps, Saban identified what he believed to be a diamond-in-the-rough as a JuCo freshman, but then cooled on him as a sophomore, as his stats did not improve (but slightly regressed) and didn't seem to grow (physically) between HS and sophomore year (at least according to the Blinn data, though Rivals says he is now 6'2" and 180 pounds).

Furthermore, we don't know if Saban got more comfortable with his DBs as 2016 progressed. Dean last played a game in October 2016, while Saban was watching his guys throughout November and December as they came within a few seconds of a national championship.

So it's understandable that maybe, just maybe, Saban cooled on Dean the way we cooled on Kevaughn Dingle. And I can see why Saban might not care about listing a 4-star as a (soft) verbal for a while, even as they slow-play him, while Alabama works to replace the kid.

Whatever Saban saw originally wasn't a mirage. But it may have been something that was less impressive to him over time. Big deal.

The whispers of "maybe Alabama is cooling on him" didn't start yesterday, I heard similar things 2 months ago. And even if this isn't as big of a coup as if we stole Jeudy or Leatherwood, it's still a good pickup for now, and it's time to coach this kid up.

Next year will be our year to sign a load of Rivals 100 and 5-stars, we are in great shape with some top 2018 talent.

A question remains if 'Bama will definitely take him in this class. Dean says he hasn't heard from Alabama coaches a lot

Cmon mane!!! You better than this!!! You know the game!! Coaches make decisions like this all the time we did the same thing to the Kevin Dingle... Lets hope this was sabans mistake!!

Who cares how we got him...we got him!!! At one time Saban really wanted him thats all that matters he has the potential to be a beast!! Boy ran a legit 4.3 at alabama camo twice and Saban offered him on the spot!!! WE need team speed like this !!!LEGGO!

Saban is like that. he doesnt like kids flirting with others schools.

Has been dropped for a while. Nothing to do with other schools. If bama wanted him he would be there.

Until today he was always described as "alabama commit", where does it say he was dropped a long time ago?

When teams do the silent treatment like we did dingle it means ur dropped. They'll never say ur dropped ur just dropped. People need to follow recruiting n learn about it.....he's a take cause we need him

Yes but. It also matters when he was "dropped". Saban has a rep for forcing a lot of recruits to hard commit and shut it down.

If they stopped talks my to him after he started looking at Miami, then the white or Bama dropped him first theory isn't entirely true.

Only way he would have went to Bama is if they lost out on their desired HS recruits. Saban is a boss at this. That way if u don't get who u want, you could possibly have a back uo plan. Might turn out good for us though, has a chance to get playing time here.

Advertisement
This is why we can't have nice things. One of our top targets decommits from their current school and we wanna argue about whether said school dropped him or not. I'm looking at you [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOnt be like that I been followin the crootin game long enough to know he was dropped (so have u).... and I also dont give a fugg we need able athletic bodies at CB..RUmph cant croot for **** he better coach this dude up cause Redwine aint the answer

Lol you definitely know Dean is coming when our own fans start to turn on him and begin claiming he isn't that good.

What a joke.

Some of you could talk Jeff Thomas down to 2* status

OCF -

There are examples every single year of some sort of low rated out of HS South Florida player going off to JUCO or former highly rated player that bounced after a year at a poor first collegiate choice...only to come back and be a top JUCO player...if not a top guy worthy of a Bama type offer, worthy of playing in the P5. This year, its Jhavonte Dean, Marquise Brown (OU) and Ravian Pierce (SU). Last year it was a different group of guys (Paul James, John Franklin III, for example), the year before it was Paul Magloire (was playing in an All-Star game today)...go all of the way back to Lavonte David...

...and lets be honest...we should disregard the rankings...none of these websites adequately cover JUCO football...****, P5 college football has a hard enough time tracking the JUCO talent...most of them play in the heart of the jungle and ****. There is no reason they move these guys up and down outside of who they are committed to.

Advertisement
This is why we can't have nice things. One of our top targets decommits from their current school and we wanna argue about whether said school dropped him or not. I'm looking at you [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]

DOnt be like that I been followin the crootin game long enough to know he was dropped (so have u).... and I also dont give a fugg we need able athletic bodies at CB..RUmph cant croot for **** he better coach this dude up cause Redwine aint the answer

That's my point my dude. We need this guy. Why can't we focus on that. We filled a need. Instead of the fact he was dropped or other negative stuff.

Lol you definitely know Dean is coming when our own fans start to turn on him and begin claiming he isn't that good.

What a joke.

stupid comparison. Jeff was making other high school all americans look silly and he has insane film and stats to go along with it. Dean has none of that. And he didn't even dominate vs JUCO comp... He has some height and speed, and we need DBs. Hopefully he chooses us over Arizona State... smh

if you have some film or stats to convince me otherwise, i welcome it....

What a joke.

stupid comparison. Jeff was making other high school all americans look silly and he has insane film and stats to go along with it. Dean has none of that. And he didn't even dominate vs JUCO comp... He has some height and speed, and we need DBs. Hopefully he chooses us over Arizona State... smh

Exactly,Miami is not signing Dean for depth like some here are mentioning.We need an instant starter to replace Corn and not only did Bama drop him but miami could have had Dean months ago and it also cooled on him and chased other dbs.

Advertisement

What a joke.

Welcome... we have a fanbase largely consistent of pessimists,atheists,trolls & morons. Gotta love em. It's like a ****ed up movie where national lampoon & Tyler Perry Co-directed it. With a tinge of broken lizard thrown in.

What a joke.

Bruh it's really not that silly. What we have to go off is is he's one of the top overall juco recruits in the country & as of several weeks ago was the #1 juco cb... that should mean something shouldn't it? Atleast to the star chasers.

What a joke.

Welcome... we have a fanbase largely consistent of pessimists,atheists,trolls & morons. Gotta love em. It's like a ****ed up movie where national lampoon & Tyler Perry Co-directed it. With a tinge of broken lizard thrown in.

I resent the atheist part!

Who give a **** if Saban cooled on him. I hope he cools on Henderson. I hope Horseteeth cools on Edwards and Slaton. We want these kids. And just because Dean wasn't Janoris Jenkins in his Sophomore year of Juco doesn't mean he can't help us win games next year.

Advertisement
Back