Jhavonte Dean decommits from Bama

Advertisement
Dean is a 6'1 corner that runs a legit 4.3 and can change directions. There aren't many of those guys out there.

I have faith in Rumph and Diaz to coach him up and get him playing more physical.

I'm hoping Dean can fill in depth right away the way Gunther did a few years ago. Forgetting that Gunter has obviously shown he had a lot more talent that could have been developed better by the previous regime, coming in he had a similar height/speed combo and even though he had very few big plays he was a solid player.

Is Dean visiting us right now

Top JUCO cornerback decommits from Alabama as signing day approaches | AL.com

Based on this article he visited Miami last week.

Veerrrry interesting. Lines up with this tweet from last week too. You may be on to something, friend.

[TWEET]820745847826771969[/TWEET]
What are you talking about...

Am I missing something?

My sarcasm. But it's in there if you look for it.

Advertisement
@brooklyn

I don't see posters arguing against taking Dean. Our DB depth is woeful, and adding an experienced corner w/ his speed is a no brainer.

I'm not sure you read through this then. Maybe they arent arguing against him but it's sad people are debating why we should and saying ohhhhh he was a two star in high school & there's a reason bama is dropping him.like we need to be talked into taking him. Sad reality is were definitely not bama right now. This back & forth shouldn't be going on. Be glad we're getting a kid with that size (height & length) & speed who has experience playing corner.

Is Dean visiting us right now

Top JUCO cornerback decommits from Alabama as signing day approaches | AL.com

Based on this article he visited Miami last week.

Veerrrry interesting. Lines up with this tweet from last week too. You may be on to something, friend.

[TWEET]820745847826771969[/TWEET]
What are you talking about...

Am I missing something?

My sarcasm. But it's in there if you look for it.

Yeah I'm taking an L on that one.

Anyone seriously doubting if he starts immediately is seriously not understanding how ****** all the other corners on this roster are. I dont care what you say about Dean, you will never convince me he isnt better than Michael Jackson, Henley, Redwine. Not like we're saying he will be better than Young, just that he will start. **** I immediately see Bandy and Deejay starting above all them also.

Yall seriously need to reevaluate what our talent at cb is if you think this dude wont essentially be a starter

Advertisement
My only thing with that is I really doubt if he plays much his freshman year as a cb.now that's not saying if he's really willing to work at it (like Malek was this year)that he can't get in at the back end of the rotation. But when my nephew had the future 50 event this year we watched alot of the under armour practices & he was getting murdered. What was most obvious is he has no core fundamentals or in a tough spot he forgets them. Redshirt ing him for a year is really what he needs but we all know that never happens. He needs to learn how to play the position from the ground up.just saw this didn't include the quote in it. This is about Chris henderson, not Dean

Advertisement
Dean is a 6'1 corner that runs a legit 4.3 and can change directions. There aren't many of those guys out there.

I have faith in Rumph and Diaz to coach him up and get him playing more physical.

according to Ivins, Saban worked him out and fell in love with him...

This is what I was told by our Bama guys this week: Alabama fell in love with Dean when he camped there over the summer and was offered by Saban in person. Some people inside Dean's camp thought he should secure his spot right away in Tuscaloosa and he did. Bama's recruiting needs started to become more evident elsewhere and they started to cool on Dean in late October. Dean didn't have the most productive season at Blinn College, but that's because teams really didn't throw it much at him

My only thing with that is I really doubt if he plays much his freshman year as a cb.now that's not saying if he's really willing to work at it (like Malek was this year)that he can't get in at the back end of the rotation. But when my nephew had the future 50 event this year we watched alot of the under armour practices & he was getting murdered. What was most obvious is he has no core fundamentals or in a tough spot he forgets them. Redshirt ing him for a year is really what he needs but we all know that never happens. He needs to learn how to play the position from the ground up.just saw this didn't include the quote in it. This is about Chris henderson, not Dean
If this is the case, Mike Rumph would be the perfect coach for him...Rumph has coached CB's on all levels of the game minus NFL, and being that he is solely the CB coach, he will have even more time to spend with each individual CB as opposed to a DB coach who also has to worry about Safeties

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Matt, just tell us your screen name

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 8.57.22 PM.png

Advertisement
Back