Jhavonte Dean decommits from Bama

Advertisement
Cornerback Jhavonte Dean (Brenham, Tex./Blinn College) verbally committed to Alabama, as first-reported by 247Sports.com.

"It was pretty nice," Dean said of Alabama. "It was basically what I expected. The campus was what I expected. I felt like they really wanted me. Coach (Nick) Saban said I'm a priority. He told me everything they do there and how Alabama puts guys in the league."

Dean chose Alabama over eight other offers including Miami, Florida, TCU, Utah, Oregon State, Cincinnati, Kentucky and UCF.

Advertisement
If he indeed was dropped to 3 star just because of move away from Bama that's a **** joke. Regardless, if he can ball and be a playmaker I'll take him

Advertisement
pretty clear he was dropped, coaches will say anything to get a commit, but wont blink twice to drop the same guy

Is he still the #1 juco corner? So freaking obvious.....decommit from Alabaga, heavy smoke as a Miami flip=drop in star/rating. LOL

Advertisement
So stop the bama dropped him junk

A question remains if 'Bama will definitely take him in this class. Dean says he hasn't heard from Alabama coaches a lot

Cmon mane!!! You better than this!!! You know the game!! Coaches make decisions like this all the time we did the same thing to the Kevin Dingle... Lets hope this was sabans mistake!!

Who cares how we got him...we got him!!! At one time Saban really wanted him thats all that matters he has the potential to be a beast!! Boy ran a legit 4.3 at alabama camo twice and Saban offered him on the spot!!! WE need team speed like this !!!LEGGO!

Last edited:
Is he still the #1 juco corner? So freaking obvious.....decommit from Alabaga, heavy smoke as a Miami flip=drop in star/rating. LOL
JUCO is always tricky. There's usually no highlights worth noting and even if there are, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

He definitely needs some weight room work but he looks like he can ball. Kids shoulders are barely as wide as his neck.

If he indeed was dropped to 3 star just because of move away from Bama that's a **** joke. Regardless, if he can ball and be a playmaker I'll take him

The star system is a joke. HS been since espn pushed espn 150 to 300

Tell that to Jean Luc Picard.

picard.jpg

Advertisement
He ran a 4.3 at Bama's camp twice in a row. He better hurry up and commit if he ever wants to hold the fastest Cane title.
Once Thomas commits he's it.

Advertisement
Back