Jermaine Grace

Martycane

Sophomore
Any chance he redshirts?
He's on the small side. And I recall that a too-light Spence got worn out his frosh year.
We've got:
DP, Figs, Kirby, Bond, Gaines, Cornelius, Armbruster, Blue.

Advertisement
Its gonna be interesting to see this play out. Im almost always in the camp that favors redshirting true freshmenz. However, in this case I suspect that Grace will be good enough to add value on the field as a true freshman. Couple that with the losses at LB this off-season (Gabe Terry & Eddie Johnson) and it makes the coaching staff's decision a little different.

Thurston Armbrister
JaWand Blue
Tyrone Cornileus
Akil Craig
Alex Figueroa
Jimmy Gaines
Raphael Kirby
Tyriq McCord
Denzel Perryman
Devonte Bond
AQM??

I think JGrace is the perfect WLB for DNofrio's defense. He plays, imo.

Advertisement
If he's good at coverage, maybe he's needed. But I'm not sure how much better he'd be than DP, Bond, Figs qnd McCord at olb...

I don't think we'll have the luxury of RSing him although it would be nice if we could start doing it with these smaller kids at some point soon. What's Grace at? 210? Tops?

Advertisement
Could use more meat on the bones, but he's already a heat-seaking missile.

With our depth, he'll play.

Ain't no blood-shirting for Grace.

With Bond, McCord, and Fig at Sam the weakest depth of the linebackers is at Will. I wouldn't bet against Grace being the best of Cornileus and Armbrister by the end of his freshman year.

But If he's not second string will and/or in nickel packages by fall I'd look to redshirt if no significant injuries go down. Last thing I want is to have the kid play special teams exclusively and burn a shirt. That's Randy ****.

Grace played at 195 as a Jr., and 208 as a Sr. Kid has also been timed in the mid 4.4s in the 40 amd will be the best coverage LB on the roster the day he steps on campus.

Advertisement
Grace played at 195 as a Jr., and 208 as a Sr. Kid has also been timed in the mid 4.4s in the 40 amd will be the best coverage LB on the roster the day he steps on campus.

I thought he played closer to 210 as a senior. If all he has been doing is lifting and eating, he will be PLENTY big enough when he gets here.

I would say he looked 180 when we first were recruiting him so the young man has been busting his ***.

If he's good at coverage, maybe he's needed. But I'm not sure how much better he'd be than DP, Bond, Figs qnd McCord at olb...

If he is good? Where have you been, he might be our best LB in coverage the day he steps on the field. He has borderline SS range. Quoting LuCane if the kid can be at around 220 by August he will play a lot in every game.

He's definitely stellar in coverage and would be an upgrade over some of the kids listed in this thread. After Eddie Johnson and Gabe Terry decided to reenact Grand Theft Auto, we're gonna need Grace to give us some snaps.

Advertisement
His coverage ability and brains will get him on the field early. Miramar kids know how to play.

Its gonna be interesting to see this play out. Im almost always in the camp that favors redshirting true freshmenz. However, in this case I suspect that Grace will be good enough to add value on the field as a true freshman. Couple that with the losses at LB this off-season (Gabe Terry & Eddie Johnson) and it makes the coaching staff's decision a little different.
dont forget gionni paul left too

Advertisement
Back