Jermaine Grace

Denzel isn't being moved back to the middle. He's the will. I could see Grace backing him up if needed. Cornelius would be his competition at that spot, maybe Blue but I'm not sure.

Figs, Armbrister, McCord, Bond are all sam.

Advertisement
He is almost the exact size Jon Beason was coming out of high school. Beason was 6'1 200-210 and was actually almost moved to defensive back. Beason bulked up to almost 240 by the time he was done at Miami. Grace and Beason are very similar players IMO

not the same type of body frames or actual size...believe me Beason was over 210 here...and doing everything possible to not be that big in high school he always though of himself as a db.....DP has Beason's frame....

Grace has the wiry frame of Cookie Buchanon...hes a guy that should play at or around 220-225 his whole um career...and im fine with it.

He is almost the exact size Jon Beason was coming out of high school. Beason was 6'1 200-210 and was actually almost moved to defensive back. Beason bulked up to almost 240 by the time he was done at Miami. Grace and Beason are very similar players IMO

not the same type of body frames or actual size...believe me Beason was over 210 here...and doing everything possible to not be that big in high school he always though of himself as a db.....DP has Beason's frame....

Grace has the wiry frame of Cookie Buchanon...hes a guy that should play at or around 220-225 his whole um career...and im fine with it.

Would be absolutely shocked if he played around 220 for his entire career. He's wirey, but there are plenty of guys who develop in college. R-Buch came in lighter than Grace will. I think he'll leave here around 235, but I agree it'll be a different body type than Beason.

Beason was right around 6'. Grace has been measured, as a HS kid, around 6' 1.5". It's a difference when you're talking about frames and room for weight gain.

Advertisement

Beason as senior in high school...

36.jpg

Not the same frame. (I think that's what he's saying and I agree)

Beason is a short stocky guy. Grace is tall and very long.

Even if their weights were the same at this point in their career they still don't have the same build/frame.

Even if their weights were the same at this point in their career they still don't have the same build/frame.

ALL im saying is that they are very similar players entering college.

Grace is around 6'1 210 as a true freshman.

Beason was around 6'1 210 as a true freshman.

They both are hard hitters, they both excel in coverage (Beason was a safety propect in highschool)http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=231336

I dont care if you agree with me or not, in my view Grace has the potential to be a Jon Beason type linebacker here. They play the same way.

Beason's playing weight in the NFL is 237. Grace's frame is perfect for putting on weight just like Beason did when he got here.

Advertisement

They both are hard hitters, they both excel in coverage (Beason was a safety propect in highschool)http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=231336

I dont care if you agree with me or not, in my view Grace has the potential to be a Jon Beason type linebacker here. They play the same way.

Beason's playing weight in the NFL is 237. Grace's frame is perfect for putting on weight just like Beason did when he got here.

Beason's not even 6'1" right now! LOL

Jon Beason is 6'0", and probably was a shade under that as a Senior in high school.
Grace is about 6'2".

They're built nothing alike.

Beason is a better hitter than Grace. Grace is not a huge hitter, he's a better cover guy. He's faster, longer and has more range. (I've coached against him the last 3 years)

Beason's not even 6'1" right now! LOL

Jon Beason is 6'0", and probably was a shade under that as a Senior in high school.
Grace is about 6'2".

They're built nothing alike.

Beason is a better hitter than Grace. Grace is not a huge hitter, he's a better cover guy. He's faster, longer and has more range. (I've coached against him the last 3 years)

So you tryin to say grace ain't a hitter like the best paid lber in the league.
But for real he is a hitter

I'm not sayin Grace won't hit ya...

But I wouldn't call him a big hitter. (he's more of a rangy cover guy)

Perryman is a hitter.

I'm trying to get Beason's senior highlight tape from someone to end this. Perryman is way more like Beason than Grace is.

Advertisement
Beason and Perryman are of the same mold. Perryman is actually bigger at this stage of his career I believe.

Beason is who I always compare Dp to. Both were in the 5'11 range when they arrived, short and stocky.

Advertisement
1.png
1.png

1.png

1.png
1.png

1.png
1.png

The person who knows Jermaine the best out of all of us, Mr.Cameron Underwood, compared him to Derrick Brooks (http://canesinsight.com/content/934-Recruit-Notebook-Jermaine-Grace), who played at 6'0 235 in the NFL. Almost the exact same size as Beason.

All that I'm trying to say is that COMING OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL Grace and Beason had very similar builds and both are fast for linebackers (in the 4.5 range). I will admit that Grace has maybe an inch in height on Beason though. Beason has obviously bulked up to the barrel-chested, ripped beast he is today, and I think when Grace gets to work here he can be very similar when all is said and done.

Perryman (currently 235 in 3rd year in college) is the same size as Beason right now.
IMO Perryman will be more like a Navarro Bowman.. short, heavy and physical.
Beason is not that heavy for a linebacker at only 235ish in his 7th year in the NFL.

I guess we'll see what happens in a couple years! Good discussion though guys.

Nobody agrees with you that Beason and Grace have similar body types at the same stage.

You see that Beason went from 6'1 at Miami to 6'0 in the NFL.

Grace is almost 2 inches taller than Beason RIGHT NOW. Grace is also built totally different.

New article on Grace from ITU today:

Will be on campus for Summer session 1 on 15 May, expects to wear #5, will,be battle buddies with DP, spent a lot of time with the team during Spring ball, looking forward to 7 SEPT vs UFag, and he enjoyed the recruiting process.

“It’s (Denzel) Perryman, he already wants to be my mentor,” Grace said. “He’s going to show me around with everything I need to see. I’ll always be behind him asking questions and learning techniques he uses. That’s one guy I can’t wait to play next to. I’m excited to play with Tracy (Howard) all the years we’ve known each other but we’ll be at different positions.”

“They said it’s hard work that’s going to decide if I get on the field early,” Grace said. “The biggest transition is going up against all these bigger and faster guys.”

“I’m out there running a lot, doing 7-on-7s, ladder drills, anything it takes to compete with the best,” Grace said. “I’m probably like 205 or 207 (pounds) so I’m getting there. You hear everyone talk about the freshman fifteen so I should hit 220 by time the season starts. I’m not worried about putting on the weight, it’s just about getting better.”

“I noticed all the respect they have for me and the excitement for me to get there officially,” Grace said. “I enjoy being part of the family, I get calls and text messages from the coaches all the time. I feel love anytime I’m around the guys and I can’t wait to get on campus.”

“Last year we were young, we still are but we have a little more experience now,” Grace said. “Things feel more like how they should be. Coach Golden has everything down pat and I think this year should be way better. We have the Florida Gators in our second game. That will be good to see where we’re at against a good team.”

“Basically I’m living a normal life now that I don’t have people calling my phone back to back,” Grace said. “I don’t want to make it sound like it was all bad. The phone calls turned into too much but I was talking with college coaches around the country. I’ll never get that part back and it was awesome.”

Advertisement
Back