Jeremiah Payton

Yup in the 2nd quarter on a 3rd down & 8 play, hit him in the hands on a crosser & he dropped it.

I think he's a good player too, I just think fans are playing favorites when it comes to all the bellyaching about the WR's.

None of the top 3 have performed that great, Harley has been the worst overall, but all 3 have had focus drops & need to improve.

I still think people just need to be patient before overreacting about the WR's, we've only thrown the ball 54 times thus far & most of the targets has been to TE's, the lack of Spring has slowed down the continuity between the QB's & WR's but if people just give it time it will get better.
Never been a big fan of Harley, just don't think he gives you enough after the catch, absolutely no wiggle. His drop TD last week was unforgiveable.

Advertisement
A few thoughts:

- Payton will quickly surpass the other WRs
- I love who Harley is as a person, but he needs to be on the field less
- Jeff Thomas is an idiot for leaving early

Yeah pretty sure Diaz didn’t try too hard to keep Thomas. Or even try for that matter.

no don’t say that. @brock told me Harley is elite and just wasn’t playing in the right offenses before. Said Harley was going to dominate in Lashlees offense and has NFL talent haha
Never said Harley was elite or than he would dominate in the offense. Find those exact quoted from me. I said He should do well, he theoretically could. We’ve only played 2 games in a new system and due to COVID restrictions of course the passing game chemistry wouldn’t be exactly crisp week 1/2

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Gotta make this play

MIAMI_HEADER.jpg

It hit him in the face.. gotta come down with that

Need to get Payton and Redding on the field at the same time. They look like grown men, Pope can be much better from the slot but it makes me cringe how much he avoids contact, he’s never looked fluid to me or maybe he’s just always going 3/4 speed/effort.

Advertisement
Never been a big fan of Harley, just don't think he gives you enough after the catch, absolutely no wiggle. His drop TD last week was unforgiveable.
He’s average. At best. Sounds like a great kid, hard worker, etc. but just not what I thought he’d be

Need to get Payton and Redding on the field at the same time. They look like grown men, Pope can be much better from the slot but it makes me cringe how much he avoids contact, he’s never looked fluid to me or maybe he’s just always going 3/4 speed/effort.
Payton is going to eventually be one of the three starting WR’s. Redding certainly looks the part

I'd like to have him, but people forget that we took 4 WRs that year (and the lowest rated was Dee Wiggins). It's like when people complain about "missing" on Santonio Holmes, when we took 4 WRs that year (and the lowest rated was Sinorice Moss).

PuPu is a dynamic player though.

In that class, we went to Central Florida (by way of California) for Hightower and Georgia for Ezzard.

I won't second guess Pope and Wiggins, because they were South Florida kids (both of which were takes in any year), but this blends into the discussion with D$'s thread on the recruiting board about going to "small towns" for players...Hightower and Ezzard aren't small town kids by any means, but why are we going to Atlanta and California for wide receivers? Sure, you can find players anywhere, but why? We basically took an Atwell type of WR a year prior in Mike Harley (I mention this for those that will eventually say Atwell was too small, etc).

And its not like Atwell was some diamond in the rough, either. Dude was a staple at one of the biggest schools in the county...we took a similar player in Roscoe Parrish, who had a similar makeup (QB in HS, etc)...so how do we miss so badly on Tutu Atwell...we shouldn't miss on these players, IMO, and I don't think its always revisionist to say so.

Even as fans...would anyone have criticized Miami taking local QB to WR convert Tutu Atwell over Marquez Ezzard?

Advertisement
Back