Jeremiah Payton

Wiggins had a drop last game too, people just overlook it, he only caught 2 passes for 15yds.
Bad throw from king because he was rushed. Did not hit his hands.

Attachments

• 68A5DFB1-1C05-46A9-87A6-BEF87923D9B4.jpeg
    68A5DFB1-1C05-46A9-87A6-BEF87923D9B4.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 153
Advertisement
Mike Harley has been shockingly bad in the first two games of the season. I thought he'd be our leading receiver this season. What Lashlee's offense does from the slot, I thought fit what Harley does best. But he's not been dynamic and crisp out of routes (not getting a ton of separation on the short stuff) and he's dropping passes. Hope he gets better. Maybe he just needs a slump buster. Wiggins and Pope have been pretty average. I thought Pope had a decent game against Louisville.

Maybe we just have a bunch of JAGs on the roster? I mean, a WR2 from Buffalo came to Miami and was immediately the best WR on the team, tested incredibly well, and became a 4th round pick. Our WR2 went undrafted last year and finished the year as our WR3 statistically. Bringing back the same group of returning players that were bit role players and we're getting expected results so far. No one is really breaking out yet.

Hopefully that changes. To beat Clemson, we need WRs to make big time plays. That is plural, btw.

Advertisement
Mike Harley has been shockingly bad in the first two games of the season. I thought he'd be our leading receiver this season. What Lashlee's offense does from the slot, I thought fit what Harley does best. But he's not been dynamic and crisp out of routes (not getting a ton of separation on the short stuff) and he's dropping passes. Hope he gets better. Maybe he just needs a slump buster. Wiggins and Pope have been pretty average. I thought Pope had a decent game against Louisville.

Maybe we just have a bunch of JAGs on the roster? I mean, a WR2 from Buffalo came to Miami and was immediately the best WR on the team, tested incredibly well, and became a 4th round pick. Our WR2 went undrafted last year and finished the year as our WR3 statistically. Bringing back the same group of returning players that were bit role players and we're getting expected results so far. No one is really breaking out yet.

Hopefully that changes. To beat Clemson, we need WRs to make big time plays. That is plural, btw.
Harley is too goofy and uncoordinated

Advertisement

Yep until proven otherwise they are JAGs. I don’t see any of our older receivers making it onto the practice squad. Forget about being drafted.

I watched Payton compete at Paradise Camp, and he never took a rep off. They called him “JP” and he gave attention and detail to every rep. Payton was very competitive, and he just laughed and smiled because he LOVED the competition with the DBs. JP was talking smack in a friendly way, and JP was also backing it up. JP would never get down and always seemed to be thinking about how to get better. JP’s attitude and approach was infectious, and IMHO, JP knows how to get open and give his QB a target to throw to. IMHO, JP should have played a lot more last season, but the coaches seemed to prefer others.

Hopefully, JP will start getting his chance to show what he can do, so he will become that WR1 that he is talented enough to become

Last edited:
I’d love to see Pope cut inside after catching the ball every now and then. He’s tried the whole, “juke to the sideline and stiff arm” move over and over again, but has ended up out of bounds every time.

One glaring example comes to mind: that long catch he had on the 3rd and long after the Mallory play was wiped out by the phantom false start.

I think he would be dynamic in the open field. He needs to give himself the opportunity to tap into his yards-after-catch potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back