Jeremiah Payton

Advertisement
Did he? I don’t recall. He def could step up too. 100%. Just think at this point he’s the better player
Yup in the 2nd quarter on a 3rd down & 8 play, hit him in the hands on a crosser & he dropped it.

I think he's a good player too, I just think fans are playing favorites when it comes to all the bellyaching about the WR's.

None of the top 3 have performed that great, Harley has been the worst overall, but all 3 have had focus drops & need to improve.

I still think people just need to be patient before overreacting about the WR's, we've only thrown the ball 54 times thus far & most of the targets has been to TE's, the lack of Spring has slowed down the continuity between the QB's & WR's but if people just give it time it will get better.

I can't figure out how Restrepo hasn't earned some PT - especially against Louisville. If for nothing else, maybe it lights a fire under Pope/Harley's asses. They are supposed to be leaders on this team. Time to play like it.
Pretty sure it has everything to do with being a true freshman and nothing to do with talent or ability. I'd imagine he will surpass some of the older guys sooner rather than later. But you also know this staff likes playing the upperclassmen a lot. Lashlee was asked about it when the reporters were asking about why Marshall Few was getting snaps over some of the younger guys and he said something to the effect just that he knew what to do and was reliable. So if anything just be hoping and praying that Restrepo and the young guys pick it up asap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He started out slow but was balling at the end of camp. He’s been my break out guy at wr.

I’ve been hard on Pope but I could see a big week coming for him. I called Brevin and Mallory last week.

To be fair, we were all calling Brevin and Mallory after UAB

Advertisement
Did he? I don’t recall. He def could step up too. 100%. Just think at this point he’s the better player
He hasn’t shown he’s a better player this year or been open nearly as much as pope. Look I know A bunch of y’all don’t like the kid but he’s been easily the most productive out of the 3 starting receivers. All of them have had drops but they haven’t been getting open like pope imo

even Brevin who is very sure handed has had like 2 drops the last 2 games, it happens... The qb and receivers still got to build that chemistry

Last edited:
Didn't read the thread so apologies in order but godamit all we need is 1 Ponce, how the **** is that not even on the roster at this point. If this kid balls and fills that role we become really dangerous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Big opportunity for him. I'm told he was going to play big snaps against Louisville before he got contact traced. He is playing against FSU.

He was coming on late in camp and has some of the best upside in the WR corps.

L. F. G.

Advertisement
Back