Jeff Thomas

Thomas needs to run hard on every play with or without the football...eventually the game will slow down...Richt can do alot with him at sb, sr etc...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would be nice to get him some shovel passes and fly sweeps this week. Also, why don't we use our screen game like we did last year?

You guys are right. Thomas has been great!

Let's just keep doing what we're doing with him.

U would have been massively disappointed in Sanatana, Andre, Sean Taylor... and 99% of the stars we've had since almost no one did anything significant in their first 4 games as true freshman

He's been a huge disappointment thus far.

We need to find ways to get him the ball in space. If it's out of the backfield, so be it.

He's been backing up Berrios.

And calling someone a huge dissappointment 4 games into their freshman year? Drink ******* bleach

He was our most hyped recruit and he's done absolutely nothing.

You don't call that disappointing?
What can he do without many opportunities? We're not exactly a juggernaut of an offense so far.

Exactly.

Give my left nut for an aggressive, young Offensive Coordinator

You mean like Lincoln Riley? How'd that look yesterday? Here are the guys calling plays for the top teams in America:

Brian Daboll (Alabama) - Journeyman. Failed as an OC in the NFL. Belichek coaching tree gave him a shot at Bama.

Clemson has two OC's

Penn State has a 43 year old former HC at Fordham calling plays

Jim Chaney is 55 and was the former OC at the offensive "juggernaut" known as Pitt

Peterson calls his own plays at UW

TCU also has two guys calling plays and one of them is Sonny Dykes, a fired HC

Joe Rudolph bounced around a bunch before winding up at Wisconsin

Leach calls his own plays at Wazzu

Kevin Wilson was fired at IU before Meyer hired him at OSU

The only "rising star" play caller in the top 10 is Chip Lindsay at Auburn. The rest consist of journeyman, HC's calling their own plays or fired, former HC. Stop with the notion that we have to have the next big thing in play calling to be successful.

Advertisement
Would be nice to get him some shovel passes and fly sweeps this week. Also, why don't we use our screen game like we did last year?

I'm not sure how you can see jet sweeps and not want to implement them, especially with Thomas. The defense reacts a little bit slower by just simply faking a jet sweep. Clemson and Auburn's offense uses it a lot. Just another thing for the defense to look out for. He saw Florida use it against him effectively during the Tebow era... I wonder if Richt doesn't believe in the concept or just doesn't feel comfortable installing it. I would love for Right to hire an offensive guy when numbers expand that can open Richt up to some new concepts. He uses RPO so he's not completely old school and is at least open to these not-so-new-anymore concepts.

We need to find ways to get him the ball in space. If it's out of the backfield, so be it.

And calling someone a huge dissappointment 4 games into their freshman year? Drink ******* bleach

Andre Johnson had 3 catches his entire freshman year. Still disappointed about him.

Berrios played a lot his Freshman year because he came in and learned the plays and we did not have a lot in front on him. Stacy Coley should not have had to start his Freshman year. This is a good thing to have upperclassmen playing well and have the youngsters learning. They are there to reload so to speak. The Thomas kid is in culture shock, college classes, learning a college playbook, lifting for the first time in his life, learning to be disciplined and trying to get open vs 21 year old men. These 18 year old kids from Missouri need time. It will come.

why are guys arguing w one poster who calls freshman disappointing and have had less than targets.

Advertisement

What can he do without many opportunities? We're not exactly a juggernaut of an offense so far.

Exactly.

Give my left nut for an aggressive, young Offensive Coordinator

You mean like Lincoln Riley? How'd that look yesterday? Here are the guys calling plays for the top teams in America:

Brian Daboll (Alabama) - Journeyman. Failed as an OC in the NFL. Belichek coaching tree gave him a shot at Bama.

Clemson has two OC's

Penn State has a 43 year old former HC at Fordham calling plays

Jim Chaney is 55 and was the former OC at the offensive "juggernaut" known as Pitt

Peterson calls his own plays at UW

TCU also has two guys calling plays and one of them is Sonny Dykes, a fired HC

Joe Rudolph bounced around a bunch before winding up at Wisconsin

Leach calls his own plays at Wazzu

Kevin Wilson was fired at IU before Meyer hired him at OSU

The only "rising star" play caller in the top 10 is Chip Lindsay at Auburn. The rest consist of journeyman, HC's calling their own plays or fired, former HC. Stop with the notion that we have to have the next big thing in play calling to be successful.

Don'y forget everyone's OC du jour...Matt Canada tearing up teams at LSU. That is an offense I envy. Whoops.

Go Canes!

Mark Richt is the reason he has been a disappointment...

Both of yall are some clowns.... Jeff Thomas and Malik Rosier just need to find a rhythm. The idea of using him out the back field and in the slot is a very good idea bc he's a playmaker.

Last edited:
People are ridiculous. Not every player is Richards. He didn't even enroll early. These mids need time, we don't need to lean on them. If you do, you're not a good team.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Honestly I think mike Harley has gotten more PT than he probably deserves.
I'm not worried about Thomas, he'll be a beast here, but I've been kinda disappointed.

Langham might have earned himself some more PT. At least for deep throws he's been making plays unlike Cager. But I don't want to see Langham getting too much Pt either. I want to see more designed plays for Richards. They couldn't flicking guard him.

People say huge disappointment. Get the f out of here. Kid is a true freshman. Remember how people threw berrios under the bus. Berrios was a huge factor in our win this weekend. Let’s give the kid a chance before considering him as disappointment.

I'm not sure people thought he sucked as much as he wasn't being used properly. Berrios is finally lining up in the slot which is where he belongs. He's a Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Ryan Switzer type of WR.

Have we not learned anything from Berrios? People thought he sucked for 3 years. Give him time.

Advertisement
Loved the formation, hated the play call. Should have fake screened to Walton and then screened to Thomas. You can do so much more with him in that formation than a pass out to the flat. Smh

This.

If the play call out of that formation was gonna be a swing pass to JT, then Richt should've at least used that formation against the weaker part of our schedule and ran something else.

So predictable and basic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God you have a brain. Thomas is in position to be our starting slot receiver next year. He’s behind a senior who is playing out of his mind since Spring (I remember hearing or reading our own DBs couldn’t hold his jock. The narrative he’s a failure because he didn’t walk in and take Brax position and doesn’t have 1K receiving now is rediculous. He will most likely be our starting slot guy next year. Is Garvin and DJ Johnson a dissappointment also because they are behind seniors in a stacked Dline? Our fans are so dumb. Thomas will be fine.

Harley too. Although I will recognize that they have blocked well and springed some plays in the running game. None of the receivers outside of berrios and richards and langham have done much tbh

I'm about to give up on you bruh... What's a receiver without a qb? Such a prolific gunslinger we have distributing the ball back here. Recievers get so many opportunities to show out when 8 out of 10 balls aren't catchable.......

Advertisement
Back