Jeff Thomas

I'm still baffled at how any sports fan can say that things can't be any worse. Oh yes **** they can. I almost wonder if these comments are foreshadowing something on the recruiting front.

Fck a recruit who can't get on board with this. This is a magical season so far, and we got Canes fans in absolute despair because the QB isn't perfect. LOL.

I remember the battlecry in 2003 about how we needed to put Crudup in "because it couldn't get any worse." Well, we put him in, and it got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse.

Malik Rosier is undefeated as a Miami Hurricane and ***heads want to crucify him. Malik Rosier is our quarterback and jerk fans who can't get on board with that should root for another team.

It's truly awful to see UM fans more consumed with their preseason takes than getting on board with this amazing season.

I was the biggest Perry fan during the summer and wanted him to get the nod. Having said that, it sounded like Rosier won the job outright, and so far our team is 5-0. The QB play hasn't been anywhere perfect; but going into the season, I couldn't ask for anymore.

Perry didn't even make the final two. He got whipped by Rosier and Shirreffs. He'll have his chance in the future, but for all the reasons I kept laying out before the season, I'm glad we have a couple guys better situated to lead the team than a guy who arrived a month before the season started.

Advertisement
Malik plays best when the pressure is on, I think that's obvious. And that wins football games.

I fail to understand how anyone isn't happily surprised at how well Rosier has played. We got a qb.

The guy is 6-0 as starter, clutch as ****, and putting up numbers that rank him in the 20's to 30's nationally at the qb spot.

He's gotta be more consistent and not so streaky moving forward but **** ya'll lost ya mind.

Fck a recruit who can't get on board with this. This is a magical season so far, and we got Canes fans in absolute despair because the QB isn't perfect. LOL.

I remember the battlecry in 2003 about how we needed to put Crudup in "because it couldn't get any worse." Well, we put him in, and it got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse.

Malik Rosier is undefeated as a Miami Hurricane and ***heads want to crucify him. Malik Rosier is our quarterback and jerk fans who can't get on board with that should root for another team.

It's truly awful to see UM fans more consumed with their preseason takes than getting on board with this amazing season.

I was the biggest Perry fan during the summer and wanted him to get the nod. Having said that, it sounded like Rosier won the job outright, and so far our team is 5-0. The QB play hasn't been anywhere perfect; but going into the season, I couldn't ask for anymore.

Perry didn't even make the final two. He got whipped by Rosier and Shirreffs. He'll have his chance in the future, but for all the reasons I kept laying out before the season, I'm glad we have a couple guys better situated to lead the team than a guy who arrived a month before the season started.

Which as much as I like Dee, I don't know how you can say that we should go with Weldon and Perry. Weldon who wasn't even included in the QB competition and was an EE. Whereas Perry couldn't beat out Evan who apparently lacks arm strength that Rosier possesses.

I'm still baffled at how any sports fan can say that things can't be any worse. Oh yes **** they can. I almost wonder if these comments are foreshadowing something on the recruiting front.

This.

I agree with Dee about Rosier in terms of he can be a lot better. But at this present moment, Rosier's our best option right now. Rosier is inaccurate as ****, and then he hits the zone where you forget about his crap player earlier in the game. Rosier's not the best QB, but saying it couldn't get any worst is beyond laughable when you look at what's going on in Gainesville. Wanting to put Perry back there is asking for us to go through the growing pains that FSU's currently going through with Blackman. So yes, it can get worst.

I expected a 7/8 win season with Rosier starting. We're 5-0 so far. This is without our best receiver (Richards) and for two games our number 1 RB (Walton was clearly hampered for FSU).

Rosier's a gamer. I've seen the last three years Kaaya put up some really good numbers where when you read the stat line, you'd think that he did everything he could to win the game - but when you watch the games, you clearly saw that Kaaya could never make that play that changes the tide of the game like Rosier did.

I'm not foolish enough to think that Rosier's a great QB that will be playing Sundays. He probably wouldn't even come close to sniffing an NFL practice squad. But right now, he's our best option.

Couldn't give a fck if Rosier plays a down in the NFL. It's inconsequential when it comes to college QB'ing.

Plenty of QBs have won NCs over the last 20+ years without any success in the NFL. In fact, it's just a guess, but I'd say more NC winning QBs over the last 25 failed in the NFL than went on to have big NFL success.

I've said it forever, but give me a clutch guy at QB who rises to the occasion, and I'll win a lot of games at UM.

I mentioned the NFL tidbit more specifically in terms of Rosier not being talented, but giving us the best option to win right now.

Advertisement
I fail to understand how anyone isn't happily surprised at how well Rosier has played. We got a qb.

The guy is 6-0 as starter, clutch as ****, and putting up numbers that rank him in the 20's to 30's nationally at the qb spot.

He's gotta be more consistent and not so streaky moving forward but **** ya'll lost ya mind.

Yeah, but when Rosier loses a game, you can bet there will be the contingent that comes in here saying I told you so and that an average QB could win a natty with this roster. A roster that has one true Miami quality RB in Homer (Walton being gone for the year) and our all-american receiver in Richards being hampered by a hamstring injury, along with seriously lacking secondary depth given that we're trotting Knowels out there on a consistent basis.

Can’t do any better than 6-0...I don’t care if your throwing the ball behind your back and running on your hands.Your undefeated I got no problem with you.

As to the other QB’s in camp.Like I asked Dee,unless you know 1000% that the guy your replacing the undefeated guy with can keep you undefeated you don’t change ****.

I don’t understand wanting change when your 5-o.Not like we've been Bama lately and this is a yearly occurrence.we've been 5-o once in 15 years if I remember right.Doesnt matter how pretty he looks getting it done.HE’S GETTING IT DONE.GET OFF THE KIDS ***.

If things “can’t get any worse” then wouldn’t you be exulting the fact that we’re undefeated DESPITE the fact we have such a bad qb (apparently)? Instead, folks are moping to either mope or to validate some sort of pre season prediction.

Miami is learning how to win. They’re undermanned right now, still building depth. It would be nice if Rosier was more consistent, and a lot less stressful: but so far, they’ve been able to pull the games out-games they would have lost the last ten years. Now they need to start putting together complete games.

Advertisement
Malik Rosier is 6-0, the team has won ten straight, and ranked 7th-8th in antion. How can a CANE fan forget how badly we have sucked for the past 10 years?

We may not be back, but we are on our way, stop bashing players, they are all trying to get better and obviously it is working. Look at the "JAGS" who should have been disposed of, Langham, Rosier, Mahoney, Gauthier, Barrios, to name a few and how are they liked now?

Frustrating to get back home and jump into CIS only to read some of this shet written about Rosier.

As far as the reason this Thread was started, Jeff Thomas played great vs GTech. That kick return was awesome, he broke like 5 ******* tackles and got it to the 50. Great return.

Plus he blocked well all day long. I rewatched the game, and the guy he was blocking consistently got drove back and didn't make the tackle.

Then early in the game he had that diving catch when Rosier was scambling out, but Rosier threw it way to far out of bounds for him to stay in, but still great play by Thomas.

Then he had the like 50+yard reception after one of his kickreturns. I'm kinda surprised he got caught, but after rewatching the play, I think the db just had a good angle and was also fast. Still great play by Thomas.

This was Jeff Thomas' coming out game. No doubt he needs to get way more PT than Harley. And even though I don't know how, but Langham needs to get much more PT than Cager. Mullins played solid too. Either way Harley and Cager should get less PT (Harris should get least).
Richards and Langham on outside. Berrios in slot. Jeff Thomas first off the bench. Harley and Cager after that

Advertisement
As far as the reason this Thread was started, Jeff Thomas played great vs GTech. That kick return was awesome, he broke like 5 ****ing tackles and got it to the 50. Great return.

Plus he blocked well all day long. I rewatched the game, and the guy he was blocking consistently got drove back and didn't make the tackle.

Then early in the game he had that diving catch when Rosier was scambling out, but Rosier threw it way to far out of bounds for him to stay in, but still great play by Thomas.

Then he had the like 50+yard reception after one of his kickreturns. I'm kinda surprised he got caught, but after rewatching the play, I think the db just had a good angle and was also fast. Still great play by Thomas.

This was Jeff Thomas' coming out game. No doubt he needs to get way more PT than Harley. And even though I don't know how, but Langham needs to get much more PT than Cager. Mullins played solid too. Either way Harley and Cager should get less PT (Harris should get least).
Richards and Langham on outside. Berrios in slot. Jeff Thomas first off the bench. Harley and Cager after that

Agree with almost everything you said minus the stuff about Harley....I think he is being used wrong. You saw a glimpse of his route running when Malik missed him, dude is a great route runner. It is a mistake throwing a 5'9" guy jump balls.

As far as the reason this Thread was started, Jeff Thomas played great vs GTech. That kick return was awesome, he broke like 5 ****ing tackles and got it to the 50. Great return.

Agree with almost everything you said minus the stuff about Harley....I think he is being used wrong. You saw a glimpse of his route running when Malik missed him, dude is a great route runner. It is a mistake throwing a 5'9" guy jump balls.

Harley ran an great out-route where he made the GT corner fall on his backside and Rosier missed him. That would've been about a 15-20 yard gain. I think like with Thomas we just have to patient. The plays will eventually come to him

Statistical breakdown of Rosier this season:

Not including Bethune Cookman and Toledo which are trash teams, Rosiers stats this season are: 57completions/107attempts=53% Completion%, which is ******* terrible. One thing he definitely should get credit for is limiting turnovers. I will say I thought he was going to be throwing more interceptions than he has, but to his credit he only has 3 on the season. But that means he's thrown a INT in 3/5ths of the games this year. He has a 4.0 TD:INT ratio which is great if he can maintain it all year. But that completion percentage is complete garbage, especially when you consider how many of those have been from bubble screens. For example 8 of those completions vs GTech were the bubble screens at the end of the game. Take JUST those 8 bubble screens out of his completions and attempts, and his completion % drops to 49.5% on the season (not including BC/Toledo). And again not including The BC and Toledo game, he has 821 yards passing which is like 7 yards per attempt, which is just average. Ideally it'd be closer to 10, but at least its not like 5.

Now if we look at his Situational stats, a few things are evident:
First, he is just plain bad in the first half of games, and pretty solid in the second half of games. His QB rating goes up after every quarter. Also, in the 1st half of games he has 21 first downs and only 10 plays of 15+yards. But in the second half of games, he has 35 first downs and 23 plays of 15+ yards! Plus, all of his interceptions have come in the second half.....So clearly he takes a long time to get going in games, and once he gets going/comfortable, he plays much better and takes more and more risks which have been paying off late in games, which has been evident the last two weeks.
Secondly, he has been great on 1st downs, and absolutely atrocious on 3rd downs. On 1st down he has almost a 70% completion percentage, 556yards, and 6 TDs. However he is he is only converting 31% of his third downs which you'd like to be higher. Even worse is he only converts 26% of 3rd downs with less than 7 to go. Rosier has actually converted twice as many 3rd and 10+'s than he has 3rd and 3 or less. That is not good.

Now I know some of yall got the mentality of "who cares about stats he wins game" but what happens when we play a teams that taeks a big enough lead in the 1st half because he sucks, and isn't able to bring us back? Because the way he has been playing that is probably more likely than not to happen unless he improves. And the overall Point is anyone who thinks he's playing well or efficiently through the course of a full game is ******* tripping. Dude has been exactly what we all thought he would be when we found out he was the starter - very inconsistent. Now, has he had absolutely amazing moments that lead you to believe he could win us the ACC and possibly take us to the playoffs? YES. The problem is he does that for only like 25% of the game. The rest of the time he is pretty garbage. So again, we need to just hope that he doesn't ***** us over in games to the point that he can't bring us back and win it. Either way he's playing with fire, and our season could go up in flames if he doesn't improve. GOOD NEWS is that we have Syracuse and UNC next, two games that should be very easy. So hopefully he can take the next step in these two games and we will be ready to dominate VTech and ND.

Regardless, Rosier is our starter the rest of the season. Switching qbs now would just be stupid. Rosier is more likely to improve and take us all the way than Schireffs or Perry is. I still think Rosier can straight up single-handedly lose us games, but we need to just hope he takes the next step before we play VTech.

Advertisement

I understand its a mistake throwing him jump balls. But I'd say thats on Rosier.
Secondly, Harley simply isn't making the plays and he's dropping to many passes. Meanwhile Thomas is stepping up, and so is Langham.
I'm not saying Harley can't/won't be good. But simply put Berrios, Langham, and Thomas have earned the most PT. and Obviously Richards should never leave the field unless he's tired/hurt. Harley should be getting the 5th most PT of our WRs from this point forward. Mullins and Cager following, and Harris should get almost none.

I understand its a mistake throwing him jump balls. But I'd say thats on Rosier.
Secondly, Harley simply isn't making the plays and he's dropping to many passes. Meanwhile Thomas is stepping up, and so is Langham.
I'm not saying Harley can't/won't be good. But simply put Berrios, Langham, and Thomas have earned the most PT. and Obviously Richards should never leave the field unless he's tired/hurt. Harley should be getting the 5th most PT of our WRs from this point forward. Mullins and Cager following, and Harris should get almost none.

I think we can agree here. CIS Miracle.

Who care about stats? LOL I only care about winning.
If Rosier completed 80% of his throws and faltered in the last minute and a half of the game, would you like him better? LOL
Yes ideally you want a QB that can do both, but it is hard to do that in a game when you don't have a running game to help and I don't care if you're Peyton Manning.
If you have all the stats in the world but don't have that it factor and the attributes to help you lead the team and come from behind to win, I don't want you on my team.

What were his stats on those 2 game-winning drives in the 4th against FSU?

7-11 for 118 yards and two TDs on the last two drives

This is is some ish. I wonder if some would be ripping apart Toretta's '92 game. 20-48 for 252 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT.

"yeah, yeah. I know he hit Lamar Thomas for the game winner but all those incompletions though."

CIS has always been the home of the ego-driven agenda. Malik is a Canes hero, who will go down as a dragonslayer who put an end to that bullshyt streak. Dude's got 50 pound kettlebells for fruit. And these guys are talking about 1st half stats? LULZ

Welp sports fans. Personally I'm done arguing about this dudes qb play. I can't deal with the nonsense anymore. I can barely stand to watch my canes anymore. If you people are seriously stupid enough to think this dude is gonna cut it than I GIVE UP on this sight and communicating on here anymore too. This dude did his dumbest to blow a game for 3 and change quarters. Homer & langham saved us repeatedly. In case it wasn't realized langham got off in spite of numerous horrible throws from rosier. Dude is a liability period. Do we gotta deal with him sure we do. But that doesn't change what he is. Even richt finally showed you blind homers how lil confidence he has in him by calling an entire drive with game on the line as bubble screens. T he fourth down throw was a joke just like the numerous fades he threw all game. Langham is the dragon slayer here not the black ****kowski...

Canes are 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 for the first time in about 10 years and you can barely stand to watch them anymore all over the QB play............ dramatic much?

What were his stats on those 2 game-winning drives in the 4th against FSU?

7-11 for 118 yards and two TDs on the last two drives

This is is some ish. I wonder if some would be ripping apart Toretta's '92 game. 20-48 for 252 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT.

"yeah, yeah. I know he hit Lamar Thomas for the game winner but all those incompletions though."

CIS has always been the home of the ego-driven agenda. Malik is a Canes hero, who will go down as a dragonslayer who put an end to that bullshyt streak. Dude's got 50 pound kettlebells for fruit. And these guys are talking about 1st half stats? LULZ

Welp sports fans. Personally I'm done arguing about this dudes qb play. I can't deal with the nonsense anymore. I can barely stand to watch my canes anymore. If you people are seriously stupid enough to think this dude is gonna cut it than I GIVE UP on this sight and communicating on here anymore too. This dude did his dumbest to blow a game for 3 and change quarters. Homer & langham saved us repeatedly. In case it wasn't realized langham got off in spite of numerous horrible throws from rosier. Dude is a liability period. Do we gotta deal with him sure we do. But that doesn't change what he is. Even richt finally showed you blind homers how lil confidence he has in him by calling an entire drive with game on the line as bubble screens. T he fourth down throw was a joke just like the numerous fades he threw all game. Langham is the dragon slayer here not the black ****kowski...

Canes are 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 for the first time in about 10 years and you can barely stand to watch them anymore all over the QB play............ dramatic much?

We are, but everything he says is spot on.

Advertisement
Back