Jeff Thomas

7-11 for 118 yards and two TDs on the last two drives

This is is some ish. I wonder if some would be ripping apart Toretta's '92 game. 20-48 for 252 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT.

"yeah, yeah. I know he hit Lamar Thomas for the game winner but all those incompletions though."

CIS has always been the home of the ego-driven agenda. Malik is a Canes hero, who will go down as a dragonslayer who put an end to that bullshyt streak. Dude's got 50 pound kettlebells for fruit. And these guys are talking about 1st half stats? LULZ

Welp sports fans. Personally I'm done arguing about this dudes qb play. I can't deal with the nonsense anymore. I can barely stand to watch my canes anymore. If you people are seriously stupid enough to think this dude is gonna cut it than I GIVE UP on this sight and communicating on here anymore too. This dude did his dumbest to blow a game for 3 and change quarters. Homer & langham saved us repeatedly. In case it wasn't realized langham got off in spite of numerous horrible throws from rosier. Dude is a liability period. Do we gotta deal with him sure we do. But that doesn't change what he is. Even richt finally showed you blind homers how lil confidence he has in him by calling an entire drive with game on the line as bubble screens. T he fourth down throw was a joke just like the numerous fades he threw all game. Langham is the dragon slayer here not the black ****kowski...

Canes are 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 for the first time in about 10 years and you can barely stand to watch them anymore all over the QB play............ dramatic much?

We are, but everything he says is spot on.

It is?

Advertisement
Why can we crap all over Knowles but god forbid we say anything about Rosier? He shows up late in games, but let's be real here the WRs seem to be bailing him out a fair bit as well down the stretch

Watching the game - the amount of times we looked at each other and said "that was a TERRIBLE throw".

But he gets it done - So we're rolling with him.

It is what it is.

Enjoy the ride.

Statistical breakdown of Rosier this season:

Not including Bethune Cookman and Toledo which are trash teams, Rosiers stats this season are: 57completions/107attempts=53% Completion%, which is ****ing terrible. One thing he definitely should get credit for is limiting turnovers. I will say I thought he was going to be throwing more interceptions than he has, but to his credit he only has 3 on the season. But that means he's thrown a INT in 3/5ths of the games this year. He has a 4.0 TD:INT ratio which is great if he can maintain it all year. But that completion percentage is complete garbage, especially when you consider how many of those have been from bubble screens. For example 8 of those completions vs GTech were the bubble screens at the end of the game. Take JUST those 8 bubble screens out of his completions and attempts, and his completion % drops to 49.5% on the season (not including BC/Toledo). And again not including The BC and Toledo game, he has 821 yards passing which is like 7 yards per attempt, which is just average. Ideally it'd be closer to 10, but at least its not like 5.

Now if we look at his Situational stats, a few things are evident:
First, he is just plain bad in the first half of games, and pretty solid in the second half of games. His QB rating goes up after every quarter. Also, in the 1st half of games he has 21 first downs and only 10 plays of 15+yards. But in the second half of games, he has 35 first downs and 23 plays of 15+ yards! Plus, all of his interceptions have come in the second half.....So clearly he takes a long time to get going in games, and once he gets going/comfortable, he plays much better and takes more and more risks which have been paying off late in games, which has been evident the last two weeks.
Secondly, he has been great on 1st downs, and absolutely atrocious on 3rd downs. On 1st down he has almost a 70% completion percentage, 556yards, and 6 TDs. However he is he is only converting 31% of his third downs which you'd like to be higher. Even worse is he only converts 26% of 3rd downs with less than 7 to go. Rosier has actually converted twice as many 3rd and 10+'s than he has 3rd and 3 or less. That is not good.

Now I know some of yall got the mentality of "who cares about stats he wins game" but what happens when we play a teams that taeks a big enough lead in the 1st half because he sucks, and isn't able to bring us back? Because the way he has been playing that is probably more likely than not to happen unless he improves. And the overall Point is anyone who thinks he's playing well or efficiently through the course of a full game is ****ing tripping. Dude has been exactly what we all thought he would be when we found out he was the starter - very inconsistent. Now, has he had absolutely amazing moments that lead you to believe he could win us the ACC and possibly take us to the playoffs? YES. The problem is he does that for only like 25% of the game. The rest of the time he is pretty garbage. So again, we need to just hope that he doesn't ***** us over in games to the point that he can't bring us back and win it. Either way he's playing with fire, and our season could go up in flames if he doesn't improve. GOOD NEWS is that we have Syracuse and UNC next, two games that should be very easy. So hopefully he can take the next step in these two games and we will be ready to dominate VTech and ND.

Regardless, Rosier is our starter the rest of the season. Switching qbs now would just be stupid. Rosier is more likely to improve and take us all the way than Schireffs or Perry is. I still think Rosier can straight up single-handedly lose us games, but we need to just hope he takes the next step before we play VTech.

Props for the breakdown.

What were his stats on those 2 game-winning drives in the 4th against FSU?

This is is some ish. I wonder if some would be ripping apart Toretta's '92 game. 20-48 for 252 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT.

"yeah, yeah. I know he hit Lamar Thomas for the game winner but all those incompletions though."

CIS has always been the home of the ego-driven agenda. Malik is a Canes hero, who will go down as a dragonslayer who put an end to that bullshyt streak. Dude's got 50 pound kettlebells for fruit. And these guys are talking about 1st half stats? LULZ

Welp sports fans. Personally I'm done arguing about this dudes qb play. I can't deal with the nonsense anymore. I can barely stand to watch my canes anymore. If you people are seriously stupid enough to think this dude is gonna cut it than I GIVE UP on this sight and communicating on here anymore too. This dude did his dumbest to blow a game for 3 and change quarters. Homer & langham saved us repeatedly. In case it wasn't realized langham got off in spite of numerous horrible throws from rosier. Dude is a liability period. Do we gotta deal with him sure we do. But that doesn't change what he is. Even richt finally showed you blind homers how lil confidence he has in him by calling an entire drive with game on the line as bubble screens. T he fourth down throw was a joke just like the numerous fades he threw all game. Langham is the dragon slayer here not the black ****kowski...

Canes are 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 for the first time in about 10 years and you can barely stand to watch them anymore all over the QB play............ dramatic much?

We were ranked in the top 10 when Al Golden was here after starting 7-0 before meeting FSU, then it went downhill from there.

Advertisement

I mean I get it, he isn't the next great Miami QB. But I think anyone who followed the team knew QB play was probably going to be one of our weaker spots this season. I think while defending his position he's just gone a tad bit overboard on ****ting all over the dude. His play hasn't killed us or lost us any games yet, and he's come up big in the 4th when we need him to make a couple of throws. His sacks are a loss of 2-3 yards instead of drive killing 8 yards like kayaa. He's made some plays with his feet, rushing which we haven't had in years. For someone who supposedly knows so much about the team I'd ask.....what did you honestly expect from the QB position to start the year? Best WR been out basically all year, only experienced RB had been hurt and is now out. Besides Berrios all the skills players hadn't played any meaningful snaps before this season. 5-0 team and we are complaining the QB makes some bad throws and the offense is up and down. Yall thought we had a Heisman QB on the roster and the offense would be unstoppable or what? I just don't get where the shocked outrage is coming from.

I mean I get it, he isn't the next great Miami QB. But I think anyone who followed the team knew QB play was probably going to be one of our weaker spots this season. I think while defending his position he's just gone a tad bit overboard on ****ting all over the dude. His play hasn't killed us or lost us any games yet, and he's come up big in the 4th when we need him to make a couple of throws. His sacks are a loss of 2-3 yards instead of drive killing 8 yards like kayaa. He's made some plays with his feet, rushing which we haven't had in years. For someone who supposedly knows so much about the team I'd ask.....what did you honestly expect from the QB position to start the year? Best WR been out basically all year, only experienced RB had been hurt and is now out. Besides Berrios all the skills players hadn't played any meaningful snaps before this season. 5-0 team and we are complaining the QB makes some bad throws and the offense is up and down. Yall thought we had a Heisman QB on the roster and the offense would be unstoppable or what? I just don't get where the shocked outrage is coming from.

If both passes to Langham in the FSU/GTech game were incomplete, what would everyone think of Rosier?
I'm pretty sure I know what the answer to that would be, and anyone objectively looking at his performance will tall you the same thing.
Now had those two huge plays been incomplete, how many would be screaming their lungs off for a qb change? EVERYONE.

But again EVERYONE in here knew that Rosier was going to be extremely inconsistent. Personally I did NOT want Rosier to start because of this and I thought that he would singlehandedly lose us a game or two. I hope he proves me wrong, and fortunately thus far he has. But Ima be honest, he almost has lost us both games by himself. FSU isn't so much directly on his shoulders, but GTech completely is. Basically Rosier has been a bad but clutch qb this season.

We all are proud that we are 5-0. But the problem is what happens when those two passes fall incomplete in the future? At this point in the season I believe it is too late to switch away from Rosier. And unless Richt has seen Shireffs/Perry completely step the **** up in practice, there is no way in **** he can step in and make a qb change. But, had we started this season with Shireffs as the starting QB which is what I prefered over Rosier, I think we would be in a better situation for the rest of the season. And If Perry had started, Idk if we would be undefeated, but I also am sure that would have been the best for our future. We really need Rosier to take the next step if we want to challenge for the ACC Championship.

I think the biggest thing we should get from our most recent coaching upgrade is the ability to not have to sit around and wring our hands waiting on one of out imperfect players to let us down, and instead be able to trust our coaching staff to do their jobs and make these guys better.

As far as the reason this Thread was started, Jeff Thomas played great vs GTech. That kick return was awesome, he broke like 5 ****ing tackles and got it to the 50. Great return.

Plus he blocked well all day long. I rewatched the game, and the guy he was blocking consistently got drove back and didn't make the tackle.

Then early in the game he had that diving catch when Rosier was scambling out, but Rosier threw it way to far out of bounds for him to stay in, but still great play by Thomas.

Then he had the like 50+yard reception after one of his kickreturns. I'm kinda surprised he got caught, but after rewatching the play, I think the db just had a good angle and was also fast. Still great play by Thomas.

This was Jeff Thomas' coming out game. No doubt he needs to get way more PT than Harley. And even though I don't know how, but Langham needs to get much more PT than Cager. Mullins played solid too. Either way Harley and Cager should get less PT (Harris should get least).
Richards and Langham on outside. Berrios in slot. Jeff Thomas first off the bench. Harley and Cager after that

Mullins and Langham blocked like demons, kudos to Donk Dugans

Advertisement
If both passes to Langham in the FSU/GTech game were incomplete, what would everyone think of Rosier?

And if Barry Sanders didn't break an 80 yard run every game interspersed with the majority of his runs, which were for losses or 3 yards, then he'd be Byron Sanders.

Stop with the goofy hypotheticals. Rosier is who he is and has accomplished what he's accomplished. Be thankful, and quit trying to pick everything apart like a vulture in an attempt to justify some previous thoughts on Rosier that he's already debunked.

And if Barry Sanders didn't break an 80 yard run every game interspersed with the majority of his runs, which were for losses or 3 yards, then he'd be Byron Sanders.

Stop with the goofy hypotheticals. Rosier is who he is and has accomplished what he's accomplished. Be thankful, and quit trying to pick everything apart like a vulture in an attempt to justify some previous thoughts on Rosier that he's already debunked.

Didn't mean to down vote

Great point, I'm glad it was brought up. These goofy hypotheticals are always full of holes - they are always one directional. What about the hypo the other way? And yeah, you can't just take away plays, just doesn't make sense.

Great point, I'm glad it was brought up. These goofy hypotheticals are always full of holes - they are always one directional. What about the hypo the other way? And yeah, you can't just take away plays, just doesn't make sense.

Yeah. While you're taking away plays, take away 7 point gift Rick gave GT and the fake bullshyt penalty that made the Langham catch necessary. Langham doesn't have to be a hero if the official doesn't botch that call.

Advertisement
Why can we crap all over Knowles but god forbid we say anything about Rosier? He shows up late in games, but let's be real here the WRs seem to be bailing him out a fair bit as well down the stretch

We've given up what 4 TD's since Duke. Knowles is directly responsible for 3

Playing Knowles is like sitting in a waiting room pre-surgery. You know something f*cked up is about to happen to you.

Playing Knowles is like sitting in a waiting room pre-surgery. You know something f*cked up is about to happen to you.

Certainly do not disagree with any of that. Seems like whoever we all trash on here is balling out lately so... fingers crossed? LMAO

Advertisement
You know **** done gone off the rails when a thread about Jeff Thomas got more pages than Jeff Thomas got catches...

Yeah. While you're taking away plays, take away 7 point gift Rick gave GT and the fake bullshyt penalty that made the Langham catch necessary. Langham doesn't have to be a hero if the official doesn't botch that call.

McIntosh strip and score that puts us up 23-14. Horrible chop block call on Mullins. Phantom offensive facemask call on Berrios. Phantom OPI on Berrios. No-call on targeting on Matt Thomas.

All calls that have gone against us that dramatically swung outcomes.

This comparison is so bad it gave me cancer.
You can do better than that Chise.

This comparison is so bad it gave me cancer.
You can do better than that Chise.

Typical response when you have nothing.

Advertisement
Back