Jeff Thomas

SO Rozier throws to a blanketed Wr last week who bailed him out and this week hits the DB in the helmet and the Wr snatches it and Rozier is the guy who is clutch? Ok. Winning solves everything.

Guessing you forgot the key 3rd down pass to Berrios and he threw it perfectly to Langham last week. Rosier has his issues but he has come through when needed.

Advertisement
Who care about stats? LOL I only care about winning.
If Rosier completed 80% of his throws and faltered in the last minute and a half of the game, would you like him better? LOL
Yes ideally you want a QB that can do both, but it is hard to do that in a game when you don't have a running game to help and I don't care if you're Peyton Manning.
If you have all the stats in the world but don't have that it factor and the attributes to help you lead the team and come from behind to win, I don't want you on my team.

What were his stats on those 2 game-winning drives in the 4th against FSU?

7-11 for 118 yards and two TDs on the last two drives

This is is some ish. I wonder if some would be ripping apart Toretta's '92 game. 20-48 for 252 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT.

"yeah, yeah. I know he hit Lamar Thomas for the game winner but all those incompletions though."

CIS has always been the home of the ego-driven agenda. Malik is a Canes hero, who will go down as a dragonslayer who put an end to that bullshyt streak. Dude's got 50 pound kettlebells for fruit. And these guys are talking about 1st half stats? LULZ

Welp sports fans. Personally I'm done arguing about this dudes qb play. I can't deal with the nonsense anymore. I can barely stand to watch my canes anymore. If you people are seriously stupid enough to think this dude is gonna cut it than I GIVE UP on this sight and communicating on here anymore too. This dude did his dumbest to blow a game for 3 and change quarters. Homer & langham saved us repeatedly. In case it wasn't realized langham got off in spite of numerous horrible throws from rosier. Dude is a liability period. Do we gotta deal with him sure we do. But that doesn't change what he is. Even richt finally showed you blind homers how lil confidence he has in him by calling an entire drive with game on the line as bubble screens. T he fourth down throw was a joke just like the numerous fades he threw all game. Langham is the dragon slayer here not the black ****kowski...

LOL

Who would you put in ????

Can’t say Perry unless your 100% sure he’s the answer,knows the playbook and can make all the plays.Cant say Evan for the same reasons..

As bad as Rosier is,and I admit he leaves ALOT to be desired he has us undefeated and come tomorrow in the top 10.

Soooooooo...

Yeah. Let's switch QBs while we're 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 coming off 2 monster clutch wins. This "see I was right all along about Rosier" ego stuff on here would be unbearable if it wasn't so funny.

Rick gave them 7 points on that onside kick. And the refs gave them another 7 on the TD that was a fumble and touchback. Let's also not forget that GT is a pretty good football team and that we're not exactly the 2001 Canes, who also struggled badly against 2 horribly overmatched teams that year.

This **** is gold. Keep it flowing.

How can any UM fan be THIS miserable at 5-0 coming off a couple awesome conference wins, especially given where this program's been?

SO Rozier throws to a blanketed Wr last week who bailed him out and this week hits the DB in the helmet and the Wr snatches it and Rozier is the guy who is clutch? Ok. Winning solves everything.

So now that perfect throw he made to Langham against FSU (6 inches in either direction and it's incomplete) is now being viewed as a bad throw by the idiots on here? This board is full of buffoons.

Advertisement
How can any UM fan be THIS miserable at 5-0 coming off a couple awesome conference wins, especially given where this program's been?

In years past I would have thought we would fold up and lose when we were down. Last week and yesterday I really believed we would pull it out. Luckily, it happened. We would have lost those games last year and definitely the recent years before that. This is a team, a team that fights to the last play. We have some obvious problems to address but the Canes are fun to watch again, at least for me they are.

I'm still baffled at how any sports fan can say that things can't be any worse. Oh yes **** they can. I almost wonder if these comments are foreshadowing something on the recruiting front.

I'm still baffled at how any sports fan can say that things can't be any worse. Oh yes **** they can. I almost wonder if these comments are foreshadowing something on the recruiting front.

Fck a recruit who can't get on board with this. This is a magical season so far, and we got Canes fans in absolute despair because the QB isn't perfect. LOL.

I remember the battlecry in 2003 about how we needed to put Crudup in "because it couldn't get any worse." Well, we put him in, and it got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse.

Dee's ego showing. He dogged Rosier ultra hard before the season and guaranteed an 8 win season if Rosier started. Instead of tipping his hat to Rosier, he's decided to double down because of ego.

I can probably count on one hand how many times I have agreed with you but this is spot on. I was trying to remember what horse BDee bet on in the QB race in the Fall and I can almost assure you IIRC it wasnt Rosier. Sounds like sour grapes.

BDee, I usually ride with you but not on this one. You sound crazy. I dont know what Sheriffs can do or Perry either but I dont care and I dont want to know. I am riding with Rosier until the wheels fall off.

I don't wanna know what either can do at this point either. Cause if we have to find out than tghe team is taking a huge step backwards. Again my issue isn't with what he's doing successfully it's I want to see him progress. Make his success more of a norm rather than an aberration. I want to see him succeed cause that means the team succeeds. It means less drama cause he'll be more consistent.

I am in no way disparaging Malik's play, but I'd like to see what another QB could do with the offense. I think his ability to see and read the field my not be the best, and just like Homer has given our running game a new look, I think another QB could bring something different as well. Evan's height, athleticism, energy, and the urgency about the way he plays QB makes me wonder how the offensive unit would respond to him.

That said, I hope Malik continues to improve and at some point will flip that switch to being a lethal game manager capable of winning a championship. He can put more pressure on defenses with his feet and by looking off safeties, but this was his 7th college start and he's still learning. So I'm holding out hope.

Also, Richt's playcalling is not the problem. The line, while improved is not where it needs to be. We need championship play at the QB position, yes; but do we have a championship o-line?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Fck a recruit who can't get on board with this. This is a magical season so far, and we got Canes fans in absolute despair because the QB isn't perfect. LOL.

I remember the battlecry in 2003 about how we needed to put Crudup in "because it couldn't get any worse." Well, we put him in, and it got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse.

Malik Rosier is undefeated as a Miami Hurricane and ***heads want to crucify him. Malik Rosier is our quarterback and jerk fans who can't get on board with that should root for another team.

Malik Rosier is undefeated as a Miami Hurricane and ***heads want to crucify him. Malik Rosier is our quarterback and jerk fans who can't get on board with that should root for another team.

It's truly awful to see UM fans more consumed with their preseason takes than getting on board with this amazing season.

I am standing behind our QB and I think he needs to be more consistent - it does seem he is making the correct reads

its okay to enjoy it fellas.

IMG_5601.jpg

Advertisement

This.

I agree with Dee about Rosier in terms of he can be a lot better. But at this present moment, Rosier's our best option right now. Rosier is inaccurate as ****, and then he hits the zone where you forget about his crap player earlier in the game. Rosier's not the best QB, but saying it couldn't get any worst is beyond laughable when you look at what's going on in Gainesville. Wanting to put Perry back there is asking for us to go through the growing pains that FSU's currently going through with Blackman. So yes, it can get worst.

I expected a 7/8 win season with Rosier starting. We're 5-0 so far. This is without our best receiver (Richards) and for two games our number 1 RB (Walton was clearly hampered for FSU).

Rosier's a gamer. I've seen the last three years Kaaya put up some really good numbers where when you read the stat line, you'd think that he did everything he could to win the game - but when you watch the games, you clearly saw that Kaaya could never make that play that changes the tide of the game like Rosier did.

I'm not foolish enough to think that Rosier's a great QB that will be playing Sundays. He probably wouldn't even come close to sniffing an NFL practice squad. But right now, he's our best option.

Last edited:

It's truly awful to see UM fans more consumed with their preseason takes than getting on board with this amazing season.

I was the biggest Perry fan during the summer and wanted him to get the nod. Having said that, it sounded like Rosier won the job outright, and so far our team is 5-0. The QB play hasn't been anywhere perfect; but going into the season, I couldn't ask for anymore.

This.

I agree with Dee about Rosier in terms of he can be a lot better. But at this present moment, Rosier's our best option right now. Rosier is inaccurate as ****, and then he hits the zone where you forget about his crap player earlier in the game. Rosier's not the best QB, but saying it couldn't get any worst is beyond laughable when you look at what's going on in Gainesville. Wanting to put Perry back there is asking for us to go through the growing pains that FSU's currently going through with Blackman. So yes, it can get worst.

I expected a 7/8 win season with Rosier starting. We're 5-0 so far. This is with our best receiver (Richards) and for two games our number 1 RB (Walton was clearly hampered for FSU).

Rosier's a gamer. I've seen the last three years Kaaya put up some really good numbers where when you read the stat line, you'd think that he did everything he could to win the game - but when you watch the games, you clearly saw that Kaaya could never make that play that changes the tide of the game like Rosier did.

I'm not foolish enough to think that Rosier's a great QB that will be playing Sundays. He probably wouldn't even come close to sniffing an NFL practice squad. But right now, he's our best option.

Franchise was saying he thought Rosier was a gamer before the season started. I agreed then and I agree now. I’ll take a gamer with a sack over the guy we had last 3 years. I hope he can keep improving and I think play calling improvement can help getting him going earlier. I like the kid and he is a gamer. Keep finding a way. On to Syracuse!

Advertisement

This.

I expected a 7/8 win season with Rosier starting. We're 5-0 so far. This is with our best receiver (Richards) and for two games our number 1 RB (Walton was clearly hampered for FSU).

Franchise was saying he thought Rosier was a gamer before the season started. I agreed then and I agree now. I’ll take a gamer with a sack over the guy we had last 3 years. I hope he can keep improving and I think play calling improvement can help getting him going earlier. I like the kid and he is a gamer. Keep finding a way. On to Syracuse!

I agree. Rosier doesn't wow you with his completion percentage. Also, I don't think Chise at any point said Rosier would be a 1st round QB - he like most of us realized that he has his limitations. His accuracy is all over the place and he's not the greatest with read progression, but he's composed as **** and that's what matters when you get into games like we have the last two weeks.

This.

I expected a 7/8 win season with Rosier starting. We're 5-0 so far. This is without our best receiver (Richards) and for two games our number 1 RB (Walton was clearly hampered for FSU).

Couldn't give a fck if Rosier plays a down in the NFL. It's inconsequential when it comes to college QB'ing.

Plenty of QBs have won NCs over the last 20+ years without any success in the NFL. In fact, it's just a guess, but I'd say more NC winning QBs over the last 25 failed in the NFL than went on to have big NFL success.

I've said it forever, but give me a clutch guy at QB who rises to the occasion, and I'll win a lot of games at UM.

Advertisement
Back